The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

9 hours ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

thomberry kerman, robotic space krakenlord killing super solder. (i'm thinking a space version of the MEC troopers from enemy within)

It could still happen.... dun dun dunnnn.... :0.0:

Thompberry is based on two things.

The first is a passage from Lovecraft's "Whisperer in Darkness", which described how super advanced aliens had the surgical skill to safely remove a human brain and preserve it in a canister, etc...

The second is something from "Dune: The Butlerian Jihad" (Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson), called a cymek. A cymek is also a brain pod, so to speak, but in this case, that brain pod can be attached to just about any mechanical device: a transport... a small walker... a huge armored walker... a star-ship.... you name it. And when it's connected, the brain can "feel" what it's attached to, much like a body... and control it just as fast as a body..... and this is what makes it so unbelievably deadly!

On 23.4.2017 at 2:15 PM, Just Jim said:

And when it's connected, the brain can "feel" what it's attached to, much like a body... and control it just as fast as a body..... and this is what makes it so unbelievably deadly!

Superconductors and quantum computers?

1 hour ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Superconductors and quantum computers?

I should probably also mention "The Butlerian Jihad" is supposed to take place around 13,352 AD... if I did the math right.  :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

OK, this weekend has been great, and I've gotten so much done!!!  Most important, I've learned how to do something new, which is always a really good thing.

So I promised to get back to finishing the story of Emiko's adventure on Earth... and I will, I promise. But you know me, I can't just sit her down and have her start talking... Oh no...

I think this requires something new... :)

Spoiler

0GmnLnM.png

GMCl7aT.png

bBSOuD1.png

Edited by Just Jim

On 20/4/2017 at 6:32 PM, Just Jim said:

Ahhhh, no wonder, I don't have that one (yet), sorry.  :(

And don't blink when you do!!!!!! By far one of the best.... :0.0:

Back on-topic... I wish I could think of something so terrifying...

Hide contents

Jim! Now I can't- WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOONE!?

In other news, Emiko Station is awesome. Keep up the good work!

On 4/23/2017 at 8:15 AM, Just Jim said:

The second is something from "Dune: The Butlerian Jihad" (Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson), called a cymek. A cymek is also a brain pod, so to speak, but in this case, that brain pod can be attached to just about any mechanical device: a transport... a small walker... a huge armored walker... a star-ship.... you name it. And when it's connected, the brain can "feel" what it's attached to, much like a body... and control it just as fast as a body..... and this is what makes it so unbelievably deadly!

this reminded me of Cortex Command, a strange game where your actually a brain in a jar that can control your usually AI driven counterparts, where your goal is to gather resources and smash the brain-jar of your opponents.

https://www.datarealms.com/games.htm

check it out, last i checked a few years ago, it was incomplete and in development, but i come back to it every now and again. 

and, to avoid causing to much derailment, i am looking forward to what happened next. where did creepy-eyes go after she ripped the fue lines off the ship?

On 4/25/2017 at 0:49 PM, Kuzzter said:

THERE'S... A KERB... ON THE... WING!!!!

Shatner would be so proud :) 

hehehe... wouldn't it be cool to find out he's a closet Emiko and Kerbfleet reader???

On 4/26/2017 at 1:15 PM, Thedrelle said:

Where did creepy-eyes go after she ripped the fuel lines off the ship?

That is the 64,000,000 credit question!

On 4/24/2017 at 9:50 PM, Just Jim said:

OK, this weekend has been great, and I've gotten so much done!!!  Most important, I've learned how to do something new, which is always a really good thing.

So I promised to get back to finishing the story of Emiko's adventure on Earth... and I will, I promise. But you know me, I can't just sit her down and have her start talking... Oh no...

[Edited by adsii1970 - removed spoiler and images therein]

Oh, that is so awesome looking. I'm getting closer to getting my issue figured out with the help of @Angel-125. It's been so long since I've done any sort of coding that it's almost like I'm having to learn a foreign language! :blush:

On 4/25/2017 at 11:49 AM, Kuzzter said:

THERE'S... A KERB... ON THE... WING!!!!

Shatner would be so proud :) 

Was thinking the same thing. I'm still waiting for Rod Kerman to come out and give his introduction... in the twilight zone...! :wink:

3 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I'm still waiting for Rod Kerman to come out and give his introduction... in the twilight zone...!

I actually considered this... lol..... :wink:

3 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I'm getting closer to getting my issue figured out with the help of @Angel-125. It's been so long since I've done any sort of coding that it's almost like I'm having to learn a foreign language!

Good to hear! I wish I could help more... but coding is way over my head.

Edited by Just Jim

38 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

hehehe... wouldn't it be cool to find out he's a closet Emiko and Kerbfleet reader???

That is the 64,000,000 credit question!

I don't think he is... @misterdilsby has tweeted at him a couple of times and he hasn't responded. :) 

Funny thing with Shatner from a fanfic author point of view--he spends a LOT of tweetspace complaining about people who 'ship'. (that is, write about made up romantic relation-ships) I haven't been following him long enough to know whether he just hates the genre in general, or if it's a specific problem with explicit Kirk/Spock slashfic. (which of course it exists, see Rule 34!)

12 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Funny thing with Shatner from a fanfic author point of view--he spends a LOT of tweetspace complaining about people who 'ship'. (that is, write about made up romantic relation-ships) I haven't been following him long enough to know whether he just hates the genre in general, or if it's a specific problem with explicit Kirk/Spock slashfic.

Really???  I find that quite fascinating, and more than a little ironic, considering his Kirk character. 

12 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

And let's bring this back to on-topic before I call the moderators to report you two.

Hehehe... OK.

44 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Oh, that is so awesome looking.

Thank you! I've been working on her all week, and after one more field test this morning, I think she'll be ready to take out and start getting some screenshots.

The best part is she's not just a gratuitous airship, there is a lot more to her than first meets the eye, and she serves a very important function in the story.

On 4/25/2017 at 0:20 AM, Just Jim said:

Hide contents

0GmnLnM.png

GMCl7aT.png

bBSOuD1.png

Please tell me they remembered NOT to use Hydrogen, Kethane, Explodium, or gaseous rocket fuel of ANY kind in that thing. 

On 4/28/2017 at 2:55 PM, MaxL_1023 said:

Please tell me they remembered NOT to use Hydrogen, Kethane, Explodium, or gaseous rocket fuel of ANY kind in that thing. 

No, nothing like that... it would be too cliche'.... I think that's the right word.

Actually the field tests were wildly successful, and I've already got more than half the screenshots for the next chapter done. I'm gonna try to finish them up tonight and tomorrow.

On 4/24/2017 at 10:50 PM, Just Jim said:

Reveal hidden contents

0GmnLnM.png

GMCl7aT.png

bBSOuD1.png

The Klindenburg!

OK, so y'all know, other than a couple specialized IVA shots, I finished up the screenshots late last night. I have to do some "First of the month" running around to do this afternoon, so I'll sort and upload this evening, and try to write the next chapter up tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

The Klindenburg!

hehehe..... :0.0:

Edited by Just Jim

OK, most all the screenshots are sorted, the Photoshopping is done, I see no problem getting the next chapter done tomorrow.

But I have to warn ya now, this is going to be a long one, and I really don't want to split it.... not this time. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.