The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

On 5/2/2017 at 5:52 PM, Just Jim said:

"Quite simply," von Kerman reached over and began switching off the rover monitors. "We are attempting to reach the top of a mountain, somewhere we've not been able to reach by aircraft or lander.....

I don't know what you're talking about. Jeb was able to reach that monolith by aircraft.....

20150602_ksp0092_feather10.jpg

Admitedly there wasn't much left of said aircraft after he arrived. :D

20150602_ksp0101_feather10.jpg

Those mountains are something fierce.

Good chapter there, even if long. Don't worry about the length - it reads well.

Edited by Cydonian Monk

16 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

I don't know what you're talking about. Jeb was able to reach that monolith by aircraft.....

Admitedly there wasn't much left of said aircraft after he arrived. :D

And I thought I was the only one who reached the monolith like this! :D@Cydonian Monk: Glad to see someone else did this too...

Edited by adsii1970

Chibi!

On 10/15/2016 at 0:52 AM, Just Jim said:

"Is... is that a... a robot?" Emiko whispered.

"Yes, but the correct term is Maschinenmensch," Chibi beamed, the pride obvious in her voice. "Emiko, meet Maria. I'm afraid she isn't quite finished yet. Everything works properly, but I want... well, I want her to be.. to be more alive... more sentient."

Emiko looked at her friend in awe, "Chibi is remarkably smart... smart as Emiko's friend Werhner. If any human can do it, Chibi can."

Maybe if Thompberry stays nice Chibi can build him a nice robotic body. Piper's gonna blow a fuse... box on the thought of having a Mechberry stomping around KASA though.

11 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Again, Just Jim inspires a mad scientist creation from me.  And again....it handles like...well something that would get me banned if I said it.

https://i.gyazo.com/ed7bac2fd4bd63b34f1367db46becd56.png

That is really cool!!!!  :cool:

21 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Admittedly there wasn't much left of said aircraft after he arrived. :D

20 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

And I thought I was the only one who reached the monolith like this! :D@Cydonian Monk: Glad to see someone else did this too...

I'll be honest, in all the time I've been playing now, this was the very first time I managed to get to the top of that kraken-cursed mountain in one piece!  :D

3 hours ago, monophonic said:

Piper's gonna blow a fuse... box on the thought of having a Mechberry stomping around KASA though.

While it is true Chibi can build androids... I don't think she's quite that smart...

However... it would be fun to see Piper's reaction if Chibi brought up the possibility... I'll keep this one on a back burner... thanks! 

43 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

MOAR! NAO! 

How can you make demands? I just watched your head explode half a dozen comments back... lmao.... :sticktongue:

Just kidding!  Truth is I'm already on it... I'm working out the fine details in my head of just what happened to both Chibi and Emiko so it sounds somewhat plausible for the next chapter.

13 hours ago, Just Jim said:

How can you make demands? I just watched your head explode half a dozen comments back... lmao.... :sticktongue:

Just kidding!  Truth is I'm already on it... I'm working out the fine details in my head of just what happened to both Chibi and Emiko so it sounds somewhat plausible for the next chapter.

I see a certain someone seeming to feel a bit better? Hmm? :D

7 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

I see a certain someone seeming to feel a bit better? Hmm? :D

Wait, you mean me and my back? Yeah, the weather here has been nice, and I haven't done anything exceptionally stupid recently to blow it out, so the last few weeks have been pretty good. Thanks! :)

37 minutes ago, Buzz light fear said:

I am curious as to how the kerbalisation works 

I haven't thought out all the details, and obviously this is very Fi-Sci... lol... But it's basically a combination of genetic manipulation combined with really advanced cryogenics, so a human being kerbalized, or vice versa, would spend decades (or perhaps centuries) in cryo, and during that time very gradual changes are made to that individual's DNA.... changing their physical structure from humanoid to kerbaliod, or vice versa.

The "official" reason for it is to compensate for the differences in Kerban's and Earth's size and gravity.  :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

15 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I haven't thought out all the details, and obviously this is very Fi-Sci... lol... But it's basically a combination of genetic manipulation combined with really advanced cryogenics, so a human being kerbalized, or vice versa, would spend decades (or perhaps centuries) in cryo, and during that time very gradual changes are made to that individual's DNA.... changing their physical structure from humanoid to kerbaliod, or vice versa.

The "official" reason for it is to compensate for the differences in Kerban's and Earth's size and gravity.  :wink:

I think it's done with Protoculture. The Zentradi did it to create micronized versions of themselves. :)

9 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I think it's done with Protoculture. The Zentradi did it to create micronized versions of themselves. :)

Something similar was also done on Babylon-5, where selected humans were abducted and kept for years or even centuries by a wildly advanced race called the Vorlons, and altered into true telepaths before being returned to Earth.

14 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

@Buzz light fear:

Only thing I can say when it comes to @Just Jim's theories is this:

Sheen!!!  :D

I love Jimmy Neutron!!!

22 hours ago, Just Jim said:

-snippety snip-

DNA modification to change physical appearance and species only goes so far on someone further developed than an embryo. They'd most likely die, not change species. 

I imagine that the process would go something like this: you'd take their DNA, and use it to find out their hair color, gender, etc. You genetically modify a copy of the basic "healthy Kerbal" template digitally to match that. You grow a Kerbal in a vat out of that DNA, speeding up its growth and having it not have a brain. You surgically extract the person's brain, modify the brain's DNA to be a Kerbal brain (while still keeping personality, memories, consciousness, soul if you believe in that, and such). I imagine the brains have very similar structures, so the brain'll quickly adapt. You put the brain in the Kerbal body, and violá! 

Just do the same thing in reverse for Kerbal to human.

6 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

DNA modification to change physical appearance and species only goes so far on someone further developed than an embryo. They'd most likely die, not change species. 

I imagine that the process would go something like this: you'd take their DNA, and use it to find out their hair color, gender, etc. You genetically modify a copy of the basic "healthy Kerbal" template digitally to match that. You grow a Kerbal in a vat out of that DNA, speeding up its growth and having it not have a brain. You surgically extract the person's brain, modify the brain's DNA to be a Kerbal brain (while still keeping personality, memories, consciousness, soul if you believe in that, and such). I imagine the brains have very similar structures, so the brain'll quickly adapt. You put the brain in the Kerbal body, and violá! 

Just do the same thing in reverse for Kerbal to human.

That's why I didn't want to get too specific... Let's just call it:

Advanced Alien technology beyond our understanding..."

5 minutes ago, Brent Kerman said:

I note that Emiko was green on earth (color kept), but Chibi is green on Kerbin (Color NOT kept.). Shouldn't she be tan-ish?

Well, I could. But a tan kerbal looks a little weird. However, a green humanoid in the Sims, especially in belladonna Cove, is competently natural (and part of the game) so I suppose the ET's didn't find it necessary, or they had other reasons to keep Emiko green....  :wink:

18 minutes ago, Brent Kerman said:

I note that Emiko was green on earth (color kept), but Chibi is green on Kerbin (Color NOT kept.). Shouldn't she be tan-ish?

#EveryoneNeedsToBeGreen

10 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Wut 

hehe... It was the first thing that popped into my head.  :)

Soooo... back to the story, I think I have the dialog worked out for the next chapter in my head... that's the hard part this time. Screenshots are easy. But my car got hit by a rock earlier and now I have a cracked windshield I need to take care of today... blehhh...  :P 

If I can get everything done, I'll start getting screenshots later tonight or tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

hehe... It was the first thing that popped into my head.  :)

Soooo... back to the story, I think I have the dialog worked out for the next chapter in my head... that's the hard part this time. Screenshots are easy. But my car got hit by a rock earlier and now I have a cracked windshield I need to take care of today... blehhh...  :P 

If I can get everything done, I'll start getting screenshots later tonight or tomorrow.

About the car thing: When things go wrong, yelling this at the top of your lungs can be quite cathartic: 

aa4e2763d9f34d42363ef29f38189177aa58ad16

That chapter was epic! I laughed so hard when the Buffaloon turned from a rover into a mushroom, good thing I didn't read it in class :D

That kermit song sounds like they got the text, then just got a song that kinda sounded like the feeling they wanted and told a voice actor 'try to read it with the melody' The text is sometimes so off from the melody IMO

Edited by superstrijder15

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.