The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

I just wasted well spent the majority of the day reading the 141 pages of this thread. I reread things I'd forgotten, and now have a better view of what is happening. I've followed this story from the beginning, and some of the early chapters I had totally forgotten about. This needs to be made a book, at least an E-book, so it can be read without pages of comments.(Maybe like how someone, I forget who, is keeping up a PDF of First Flight.) I would totally pay for physical copy of this though!:funds:

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:40 PM, Geschosskopf said:

OK, I have a new ambition. When I grow up, I wanna be a villain in somebody else's story.  But not this one, that job's taken :D

Now I do too. Hmm... Who's writing a story and needs some more characters? I don't know. Maybe I'll win Adsii1970's lottery.:D

EDIT: Do not try to direct Adsii1970 to this post. I did not tag him on purpose. I want his drawing to stay unbiased!

Edited by Brent Kerman

I'm re-doing a lot of the screenshots, and got a bunch done today. Aiming for this weekend. The biggest thing I'm working on is (minor spoiler) this is the last chapter before we go back into Emiko's Backstory, and I want to make sure all the little sub-plots are covered, so lots of notes. At this point I think I have everyone but one.

2 hours ago, Brent Kerman said:

I just wasted well spent the majority of the day reading the 141 pages of this thread. I reread things I'd forgotten, and now have a better view of what is happening. I've followed this story from the beginning, and some of the early chapters I had totally forgotten about. This needs to be made a book, at least an E-book, so it can be read without pages of comments.(Maybe like how someone, I forget who, is keeping up a PDF of First Flight.) I would totally pay for physical copy of this though!

Wow... you did waste the day.... lmao.... :sticktongue:

Just kidding! I'm honored actually! I added the index to try and get around the comments, but that's still a lot of reading. I don't know how one goes about making it into an E-book. A real book is obviously out of the question... at least until it's finished. Then it's @SQUAD's call. I can't do it without their permission and cooperation. But something like a PDF.... I've used them, sure, but I have no clue how to make an original one.

So now that you've re-read it... and this goes for everyone actually... I'm curious. Who's your favorite character? Do you have one? I'm not going to be ready for a couple days, I don't think it's de-railing my own thread too much... and I'm really curious.

15 hours ago, Just Jim said:

But something like a PDF.... I've used them, sure, but I have no clue how to make an original one.

@Just Jim it depends on how technical you want to get, but copy each chapter into MS Word, Save As...  choose .pdf

That would do it. if you wanted to add title pages etc... then it's in Word....

I thought about pulling this into a file for safe keeping as I have noticed a few post about lost forum content/crashes, and I like it enough to warrant a re-read at some point.

15 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Who's your favorite character? Do you have one?

Hard to say I have a few, Thompberry and his Foil (can't remember her name), Emiko, the Twins and of course the Famous Four, the trouble is that I'm reading 3 or 4 stories on the forum, and am starting to get them crossed over, unless I'm reading them. :D

28 minutes ago, Pretorian28715 said:

...it depends on how technical you want to get, but copy each chapter into MS Word, Save As...  choose .pdf

That would do it. if you wanted to add title pages etc... then it's in Word....

I thought about pulling this into a file for safe keeping as I have noticed a few post about lost forum content/crashes, and I like it enough to warrant a re-read at some point.

I always backup a chapter when it's finished in Word, just in case something bad happens to the forum. It would take a while, but hopefully this way I would be able to restore it in case of a major forum crash.

I didn't realize Word can save something as a PDF... I'll have to give it a try later.

30 minutes ago, Pretorian28715 said:

...the trouble is that I'm reading 3 or 4 stories on the forum, and am starting to get them crossed over, unless I'm reading them.

Oh, I totally hear ya!!!  Imagine trying to write Emiko and also keep up on everyone else's stories.... :confused:

I would watch out when making a PDF - with this graphic-novel type format the file size would probably be in the hundreds of megabytes, if not into the gigabyte range. 

Even Thompberry might have trouble parsing that much data. 

5 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I would watch out when making a PDF - with this graphic-novel type format the file size would probably be in the hundreds of megabytes, if not into the gigabyte range. 

Even Thompberry might have trouble parsing that much data. 

I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

7 hours ago, Pretorian28715 said:

the trouble is that I'm reading 3 or 4 stories on the forum, and am starting to get them crossed over, unless I'm reading them. :D

I'm reading Emiko, Kerny Kerman's journal, Plan Kappa, Kerbfleet, and Through Hardships to the Stars.

Edited by obney kerman

@Just Jim you could be right with the '97 thing, according to this Page, it was added from 2007 release (AddinPATCH). :(

I've not used OpenOffice, so no idea, but would think so, especially if they are trying to match the functions in MS Office.

Well I'm reading Emiko (of course:D), Kerny Kerman's Journal, Past the Haze, Forgotten Space Program, Year 312, and any others that catch my eye (some have been followed:) then un-followed:/)

1 hour ago, Brent Kerman said:

And your in two of them! :D

Yeah, little do they know that the name "Obney" is actually game generated! He is a pilot I got a while ago in the generator.

Edited by obney kerman

3 hours ago, obney kerman said:

Yeah, little do they know that the name "Obney" is actually game generated! He is a pilot I got a while ago in the generator.

No, I knew... That's one of the reasons brought you in, it's got a great kerbal sound to it.

And speaking of new characters... I'm not planning on adding anymore right away, but I was just getting more screenshots, and before I shut down for lunch I decided to check new contracts and recruits, and found one I can't turn down.

Engineer "Sherman Kerman"  lmao    

Iu35ifR.png

23 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Well, I tried making a PDF, but no luck. FYI, I'm using Office-97, so it may be too old to make a PDF. :(

Try CutePDF. It installs itself like a printer, and you can print anything to it, and it makes a PDF out of it!

On 5/2/2017 at 5:52 PM, Just Jim said:

What they didn't know was his interest was really sparked when his "Aunt" Emiko made something she said was from Earth called ranch dressing

... and it was like his head had exploded with yummy karroty goodness... only so much better!! These Earthaniods must be a truly enlightened species to have invented something so good! 

Ranch Dressing... GOOD!?! How dare you! 

(I really don't like ranch)

1 hour ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Ranch Dressing... GOOD!?! How dare you! 

(I really don't like ranch)

Opps... hehehe  :rolleyes:

Truth is, I was just trying to come up an Earth snack food most everyone would recognize.  :)

5 hours ago, Thedrelle said:

Try CutePDF. It installs itself like a printer, and you can print anything to it, and it makes a PDF out of it!

OK, I'll try it later... I'm putting the PDF thing on hold until I get this next chapter written.  :wink:

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Opps... hehehe  :rolleyes:

Truth is, I was just trying to come up an Earth snack food most everyone would recognize.  :)

It's just one of my quirks, that's beyond even my control.

I nearly threw up 7 times trying to make some once.

1 minute ago, DeltaDizzy said:

It's just one of my quirks, that's beyond even my control.

I nearly threw up 7 times trying to make some once.

I hear ya... I'm the same way with mustard... not only can't I eat it, I'm almost to the point of being allergic to it....

And to keep this on topic... you've given me an idea for the next chapter, thanks!  :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.