The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Chapter 82
     Emiko's Backstory: Rise of the Un-Poofed     

(Prelude)

"Before we begin", Chibi Kerman looked around the briefing table, then at Emiko, and smiled. Circled around the table with her and Emiko were Gene and Professor von Kerman, Emiko's granddaughter Valentina, former pirates and now Gene's most trusted advisers Kuzzter and Geschosskoph Kerman, and newly transferred engineer and inventor Angelo Kerman.

"There are things I must say... and not say," Chibi explained. "First, and probably most important, I can definitely confirm Emiko was not just brought across a vast distance to my home-world by those called ET's, but she was also brought back roughly 1000 of your years in time. I know this, because they also brought me 1000 years ahead of my world.... "

dqksO9D.png

Gasps filled the room, and next to her, Captain Kuzzter shook his head. "But I thought time travel was impossible."

"Well," Angelo cut in. "Yes, and no. Technically going forward in time is quite simple. You just require a really fast ship. The closer you get to the speed of light, the faster in time you will accelerate as well. But..."

"But," von Kerman picked up where Angelo drifted off. "Going backwards in time, actually reversing the direction of time... Physics tells us this is quite impossible."

"Yes," Chibi Kerman smiled. "Which means the ET's... saucer beings as you call them, just took a little longer to figure it out."

"But... the cost... the power requirements," von Kerman tried to work it out in his head, and failed. "Not to mention what effects it might have on a living... a living... Oh... Oh, no... Emiko..."

"Yes," Emiko whispered. "Not sure, but Emiko thinks this is why brain is so... scrambled. Emiko is, but sometimes isn't Emiko..."

YYziORx.png

Stunned at this revelation, Gene cleared his throat and tried to keep his voice steady.

"But why? Why would they do this to her? There is an answer, isn't there? Something.... something Emiko is afraid to speak of... Is it truly that bad?"

"Yes... maybe," Chibi shook her head sadly. "I honestly don't know for sure. But I trust Emiko with my life, and if she said she heard... well... what she heard, then I believe her. And yes, we may all be in terrible danger."

"Gramiko... Oh, Gramiko," Valentina, silent until now, sobbed softly. "What happened... what did they do to you?"

"Is all right," Emiko smiled at Val, "Chibi helped Emiko... and Emiko helped Chibi."

Yes," Chibi smiled, "Yes, you did.... the day after your Halloween Party. And sweetheart, I don't know what I would have done without you...."

Mrr7RlH.png

Emiko's Backstory continues:

The morning after Emiko's human best-friend Chibi threw an amazing thing called a "Halloween Party", Emiko awoke to find herself engulfed an a huge, black cloud of... hair???

UhYbUf3.png

vkDnbNf.png

GiToZ9m.png

Trying her best to be quiet, Emiko walked over to the closet mirror, and realized she was having what Chibi called a "bad hair day". But when she turned to ask for a hair-tie, Emiko realized Chibi was already up, despite it being an hour before sunrise. 

F5t0ZCR.png

SuZXe94.png

Then a cold chill ran down Emiko's back as she heard what sounded like... Chibi.... sobbing!

Emiko ran as fast as she could to the living room, but stopped in her tracks when she saw poor Chibi... wailing.... to her father.

"Why??? WHY???"

H5dnV7j.png

"Chibi???" Emiko whispered as her friend ran to her.

"Emiko... Oh, Emiko... she's... she's gone! Miss Mary is gone!!!"

FUzwHSH.png

Emiko looked a little confused, then it hit her.

"Gone? Poofed?"

"Yes," Chibi cried, "Yes... poofed! Late last night... she was going somewhere... and... and... and her car went off the road..."

"Oh... Oh, no...." Emiko whispered, then began sobbing as well, while Chibi's father just looked on and tried to be strong for the two girls.

5w1WBVf.png

Later that morning, as the sun began to rise, Emiko and Chibi were sitting on the couch, trying to come to grips with what had happened.

"The police said she was heading out to Pleasantville, which is normal enough I guess," Chibi sniffled. "But why so late? She was such a safe driver. Why not wait until morning?"

TgerBJQ.png

"Could rover-car thing have malfunctioned?" Emiko asked.

"Possibly," Chibi sighed. "They said she hit a tree at considerable speed, and it car itself is... mangled. But they will look for... malfunctions... yes. Perhaps that's all it was."

For a while the two sat in silence. Then Emiko reached over, put her arm around Chibi and hugged her tight.

"Emiko... Emiko is here for you."

"Thank you," Chibi whispered, then began crying again. "Emiko... thank you..."

SKaYTb8.png

Throughout the morning friends and well-wishers stopped by to pay their respects as the news spread thru Belladonna Cove of Governess Mary Anne Peterson's horrific car accident, while Emiko's new found friends from the Halloween party all chipped in to clean up, and Emiko herself tried to get Chibi to lie down... with the help of a potion Sandra Roth the teenage witch provided Emiko when no-one was looking.

A few minutes later Emiko walked out back and smiled as she passed Justin and Rip, carrying bags of garbage to the can.

"Emiko so thankful everyone helping..." she beamed as they walked past her. "Chibi has such good friends"

34IqJVQ.png

xLmmuju.png

"Wow..." Rip whistled softly.

"Dude?" Justin whispered back harshly. "Stop!"

"Why? She's so cute!"

"Yeah, I can't argue with that," Justin whispered. "But you saw the picture she drew in the lab... what she really looks like."

"I know... so what?" Rip countered.

"So... imagine what you look like... what we all must look like to her! Cute or not... I imagine we're all freaks to her."

"Bummer..." Rip frowned. "Still, she is cute..."

6kHt1mY.png

X7KFepX.png

Unaware of the conversation behind her, Emiko walked up to Sandra the witch gave her a big hug.

"Sleepy tea potion stuff worked! Chibi finally calm down and asleep... Thank you!!!" 

LgcgXOS.png

rKccKU7.png

"I thought you weren't supposed to use that potion," Jules chided her friend.

"In emergencies..." Sandra began, but was cut off by the loud ringing of a telephone from upstairs.

DW93rly.png

"Oh, no!" Emiko cried out. "Just got Chibi to sleep!"

But before she could turn and run up to answer it, Sandra smiled and pulled a stick, and waved it around.... 

"I got it..."

And to Emiko's amazement, the teenage witch disappeared right in front of them!

A2m9RVq.png

zR6yUN5.png

k7gGEp6.png

GkcapLf.png

Upstairs the ringing stopped, and just a few seconds later Sandra reappeared in the exact same spot where she had vanished!

H66rv5w.png

reRZcNA.png

"That was Chibi's uncle," Sandra smiled. "He said he just heard the news, and can be back in town the day after the funeral."

"Uncle Nick?" Jules grinned. "Oh, awesome! I haven't seen him in like 2 years! Chibi's gonna freak out!"

Then Sandra realized Emiko was staring at her with wide-eyed amazement.

"Oh, Emiko... yes... about what you just saw," Sandra began to explain.

"Oh, Emiko knows..." Emiko laughed. "Sandra-witch made little Gravioli Wormhole! Very cool! Emiko went through one once, with Magic Bould...

"What???" Sandra fell backwards, a look of total shock on her face... "What did you just say???"

8aghukT.png

Not expecting such a reaction, Emiko paused, then answered meekly.

"Sandra-witch made Gravioli Wormhole?"

"By the goddess..." Sandra whispered back. Then the young witch folded her hands, and for a moment seemed be talking to herself.

"Mother... hear me... I need you here.. now.... Mother... the impossible has happened..."

GbKcYgm.png

Then Sandra grabbed Emiko by the hand and ran out front, and began looking to the sky. And before she could catch her breath, Emiko saw a brilliant point of light come streaking thru the sky, like some silver shooting star heading straight towards them. In a blur the star turned into a beautiful, stately witch on a silver-blue broom, who dismounted and smiled at Sandra..

TlZagNr.png

Onq2o8x.png

"My lady, Phoebe," Sandra said respectfully as she walked up to the high-witch. 

"Sandra," the high-witch smiled and hugged her student. "My star acolyte. What is it that is so important?"

M8ZTwWT.png

"Ma'am... I... I think you need to meet someone." Sandra explained. "My lady, this is Emiko Kerman. Emiko, this is the leader of my.... group. May I present the Infallibly Good..."

"Phoebe," the high witch interrupted with a smile, kissing Emiko on both cheeks. "Just call me Phoebe, dear."

DoCXvI3.png

Yg2TjE7.png

"Emiko," Sandra asked in a clearly nervous vice. "Would you please tell Lady Phoebe what you told me a few minutes ago."

"Emiko.... Emiko saw Sandra-witch go away and come back... and Emiko said... looked like small gravioli Wormhole."

For a moment Phoebe seemed taken back, then she looked over at Sandra in both amazement, and approval.

"You were right to summon me." the high witch said softly. "Emiko... child. Would you be so kind as to wait for me out back? I would like to talk with you some more. The rest of you, we require privacy."

ZPU7w3k.png

Once Emiko was in the backyard, and the other children safely inside, high-witch Phoebe did something she hadn't done in nearly 300 years... bowing her head she willingly summoned her sister..... and then braced herself....

V9xmRg4.png

s4LvL59.png

"Parlay," Phoebe screamed as her evil sister dismounted her broom and stalked towards her. "Sister, Franny... hear me... Parlay!"

W7Zhven.png

"Why have you called me?" The evil witch screeched.

"Sister... listen... You know I wouldn't do this were it not of vital importance... Sister, please, you need to come with me."

"What is this? Some sort of trap?"

"No, sister," Phoebe was near pleading now. "Not this time... this is... something I think you need to hear."

For a moment the evil witch Francis seemed to hesitate, but then looked closely at her sister, and saw something... urgent... in her face, and grudgingly consented.

"Lead on..."

69qLLQO.png

Watching from inside, Chibi's friends all gasped when they saw the evil high-witch accompanying her sister... and being introduced to Emiko!

"Unreal... they're not fighting!" Justin whispered. "Do you remember what happened last time those two got together?"

"Duh..." Ophelia whispered back. "Who could forget? It's just amazing no-one was seriously hurt."

njQJUhn.png

Back outside, the evil witch Francis was trying her best to intimidate poor Emiko, but with little success.

"Do you know know what I am, child?" the evil witch snarled.

XJWVZ7N.png

Emiko stood and thought about it a moment, then grinned.

"Oh, Emiko knows... Black dress... White dress... Francis is night-witch, Phoebe is day-witch???"

YvtIAUm.png

Francis just stood there for a second, then looked over at her sister.

"Seriously?"

Phoebe smiled and nodded.

"Emiko, dear, would you please tell my sister..." Phoebe started to ask.

"... about Gravioli Wormhole... right?" Emiko interrupted with a laugh. "Why is such a big deal? Emiko rode thru them... Magic Boulders took her..."

This time it was the evil-witch Francis that jumped back is amazement...

"What??? What is this??"

aMFxsHm.png

Inside the teens watched as Phoebe and her sister, along with Emiko, sat down and began to talk in earnest.

"Can you see what they're saying?" Rip asked. 

"I think Emiko's telling them what she told us last night, how she got here... shhhhh!" Ophelia whispered back.

1kGmRCb.png

And Emiko was doing just that, recounting how she had been abducted and brought to this planet Earth by those called ET's. But Francis stopped her when she told of being sucked into the saucer at the north Pole.

"You said sucked in..." Francis mulled. "Describe it."

"It was like..." Emiko thought back. "Like whole world got... swirly... twisty... And Emiko remembers, it tickled."

737bq9V.png

womQBVj.png

"Teleporter," Francis looked at her sister.

"It sounds like one," Phoebe nodded in agreement. "Emiko, I don't believe you weren't sucked into that saucer. The ET's have a... device... a machine... we call a teleporter. No-one on Earth knows how it actually works, but it can... move someone from one point to another, much like a wormhole. Do you understand?"

"Yes... Yes!" Emiko smiled. "Makes sense to Emiko now!"

"I'm sorry?" Phoebe asked. "What makes sense?"

"When Emiko woke up, was in sleepy pod, in a saucer in space," Emiko smiled. "Emiko always wondered how she got back into space. Teleporter machine thing makes sense!" 

wo7ZbBu.png

"Enough of this nonsense," Francis impatiently growled. "Tell us what you know of the Ga-Vio-La'.

"What?" Emiko asked, then thought she understood. "Gravioli? It's a particle... or anti-particle... sort of. Emiko studied them for a few years before moving onto pyramids. Make small boulders float... and help Magic Boulders open wormholes."

"Magic Boulders..." Francis whispered, all her rage shoved aside for the moment. "Can it be? Describe them."

"Emiko saw two. Green one that took Emiko for ride... and huge, scary red one right before..." Emiko hesitated a moment, not sure if she should mention Bruberry and Thompington or not... "Right before Emiko was teleported."

"Then the rumors are true... two of the guardians survived," Francis whispered, then jumped to her feet with a snarl.

"You have earned a... small... measure of gratitude from me, Emiko Kerman," Francis smiled evilly, then turned to Phoebe and nodded. "Sister..."

Pounding her fist, Francis summoned her broom to leave. 

"This night-witch now requires some answers..."

fMDq4rl.png

yulRGub.png

sgNKLRz.png

After she had flown off, Emiko turned back to the high-witch Phoebe.

"What did Night-witch mean two survived... survived what?"

"It is said," Phoebe began. "That throughout this galaxy, for centuries uncounted, a horrible war has raged between armies of good and evil... a war that has consumed entire solar systems, and cost billions upon billions of lives."

"Emiko...Emiko saw carvings on old pyramids," Emiko tried her best to think back. "Right before Magic Boulder took Emiko... Carvings of horrible things.... was that war?"

"Quite possibly," Phoebe mused. "But Emiko, something happened about a century ago. Most on Earth are ignorant to it, or the war itself... but some hundred or so years ago, something so unspeakably horrible happened, it's whispered the very Gods themselves stepped in and ended the war, to the ruin of all, including those which you call Magic Boulders

3mtuc9t.png

"What happened?" Emiko whispered in horror. 

"We do not know," Phoebe whispered back. "Or how much is actually true. But legend says the Guardians... the Magic Boulders... once roamed the galaxy at will, travelling from star to star as simply as one of us crossing the street."

"But... now all gone?"

"Not all," Phoebe smiled warmly. "If the tales are true, then you, Emiko Kerman, have been truly blessed to see both of the survivors."

"But why Emiko?"

"That, dear, I cannot answer," Phoebe frowned. "You said the Emerald Guardian took you on a ride. Can you describe it? And did it at any time attempt to... communicate... with you?"

"Talk to Emiko? Not directly..." Emiko thought back and tried to remember as best she could. "But... but Emiko always felt Green Boulder was trying to tell her something."

Then Emiko told of her how the Boulder had taken her to the different moons of Kerbin... Tylo, Vall, Tekto... and finally Bop, where she thought she had seen an actual Kraken off in the distance.

"Alive?" Phoebe gasped.

"Emiko not sure, but thinks so."

"Emiko, listen," Phoebe turned deadly serious. "Those you call Krakens, if even one of their kind is still alive, you must never, ever approach it, or let it see you. They are deadly telepathic, and can possess another's mind in an instant... turning them..."

"...into zombies..." Emiko whispered in horror. "Bruberry... Emiko's friend, right before Emiko left Kerbin... her eyes... her eyes..."

"Yes," Phoebe smiled sadly. "Their eyes. You can tell instantly if someone has been taken by their eyes... which are soulless and dead."

Then Phoebe stood up, shook her head, and smiled at Emiko.

XZRe0jp.png

"My dear, I am afraid I must now also take my leave. Like my.... disagreeable... sister, I much search for answers."

Reaching out, Phoebe gave Emiko a warm hug, and whispered into her ear.

"It has been a pleasure meeting you, Emiko Kerman. You, my dear, are truly blessed in this universe. If I can assist you in any way, call on me."

LQbX6wl.png

pUdboa5.png

The memorial for Mary-Anne Peterson was held two days later at the venerable Raven's Rest cemetery, which had been saved from a dam project in somewhere called Europastan, or something like that, by Chibi's adopted grandfather, and moved to Belladonna Cove literally stone by stone.

eQ3npGR.png

maHv6Yt.png

The ceremony was solemn and sad, and many of the most prominent of Belladonna Cove came to pay their final goodbyes to the Cove's most well known and respected governess and teacher. Much of it confused Emiko, but she was respectful, and kept her questions to herself until a more appropriate time.

She had found what she thought was a beautiful gown for the occasion in Chibi's closet, and even let Ophelia and Jules do her hair, but it couldn't alleviate her sadness. Governess Mary-Anne had taken special effort to help Emiko learn to speak human, and to adjust to Earth culture... and she had made Emiko the most delicious grilled cheese, and Emiko felt a deep sadness. Even if Miss Mary was an alien, Emiko had grown quite fond of her.

YF9gA6q.png

Once the others had left, Chibi and Emiko walked slowly outside. but while the others filed out to their cars, Chibi turned to Emiko and tried not to break down again.

"I... I... Emiko.... I've only known you a few weeks... but I can't imagine you not... I'm sorry... she was the only mother I had..."

mAWEpD4.png

YNv2wJi.png

"Here, Chibi sit here," Emiko said, pointing at a bench. "Friends will wait. Chibi... Chibi not tell Emiko this."

"No..."

Then Emiko looked at Chibi closely and whispered.

"Chibi not tell anyone, did she?"

"No. No-one," Chibi began to cry softly again. "I was adopted, and while Miss Mary was technically only my governess, she was more of a mother to me than.... anyone. But I never told her how much I respected her... and loved her... and now, now it's too late!"

Emiko reached over and put her arm around her friend and let her cry on her shoulder and whispered to her.

"Shhh, Chibi have Emiko now...

qutRzoq.png

For a while the two just sat in the silence, until Emiko suddenly began to fidget, and jumped up in embarrassment, look around and trying to cover her face at the same time.

GMZ525w.png

"Emiko... what's wrong..." Chibi began, then realized the nature of her emergency and smiled. "Oh... It's all right, dear, nothing to be embarrassed about. The little Kerbals room is just inside the big doors and to the left. You can't miss it."

"Thank you!" Emiko squealed as she bolted back inside the small chapel. "Emiko be right back!!!"

"It's fine, dear," Chibi smiled sadly and stretched out on the bench. "I'm not going anywhere." 

7CFbS3P.png

3jkdaiy.png

But so caught up in the events of the day was Chibi that she didn't notice when a beautiful and immaculately dressed woman walk out of the gloom and up to her, causing her to jump quite literally back to reality.

syc48jf.png

oPZ00d1.png

"Ms. Pleasant!" Chibi gasped, trying to catch her breath. "I.. I'm sorry, you startled me."

"Then it should be me apologizing, sweetheart," Ms. Pleasant smiled. "I am sorry for sneaking up on you. And I... I am so, so very sorry for your loss."

1EviErh.png

"I only have a few minutes, please, sit," Ms. Pleasant motioned to the bench. "Before they realize I snuck away, how are you doing? Is there any way I can help?"

"No, but thank you," Chibi smiled. "I'm... I'm glad you were able to come. Will you get in trouble sneaking away?"

"Gracious me, no," Ms. Peterson laughed. "I am, after all, the major. What can they really do?"

Ay8FiDi.png

Just then Emiko came back out, trying to fix her ever confounded hair, and also not noticing Ms. Pleasant until she was standing before right her.

OhoGRhv.png

k2EHjzg.png

"Emiko, I want you to meet a very good friend of mine," Chibi smiled. "This is Ms. Mary-Sue Pleasant, once my 3rd grade teacher, and now mayor of Belladonna Cove. Ms. Pleasant, this is my best friend, Emiko."

Emiko wasn't sure what a mayor was, other than it sounded really official, so she tried to be as respectful as possible and bowed to the mayor-lady.

"Emiko is honored."

ER100In.png

"Oh... Oh my," Mary-Sue laughed politely. "No, my dear.... I am not royalty. You need not bow. And please, unless I'm doing something official, call me Mary-Sue."

JrKnF0h.png

"But Chibi...." Mary-Sue turned and asked in a much more serious voice. "Emiko... is it safe for her to be outside, in the open, like this? You know what's been happening to ET's."

NrUPbm1.png

"Oh, is OK," Emiko smiled innocently. "Emiko not ET.... Emiko is a Kerbal... Kerbal.... kerbal.... Kerbal....."

JDbM5vf.png

For the briefest of seconds, it was as if the entire world paused, and held it's breath... and then suddenly out of no-where, with a deafening crash of thunder, blinding bolts of lightning rained down on the chapel!!!

AqCQz3y.png

1u1KCSZ.png

Emiko screamed! But as fast as it happened it was over, and she desperately tried to get her heart started back up and her human legs to stop shaking. Mary-Sue and Chibi had both instinctively ducked, and were also trying to catch their breath.

chsWilQ.png

"Wow... that was too close." Chibi turned and hugged Mary-Sue. "I think we better get home before we get poured on."

"Yes," Mary-Sue said in an oddly distant voice. "Best you two get under cover.

Clearly Ms. Pleasant a little more scared of thunder than she let on, so Chibi said nothing as Mary-Sue and Emiko shook hands, and the two headed out to the main gate.

o6p3cLI.png

3Cmvaqe.png

"Emiko like Mary-Sue," Emiko smiled as they headed out to Chibi's van, and their waiting friends. "She very nice lady."

"Yes, yes she is," Chibi smiled back. "And a very good friend."

cKbiIh3.png

But back at the chapel, Mary-Sue Pleasant was undergoing a horrifying transformation! For several seconds her body arched, and writhed, and twisted, while a vicious, almost animal snarl escaped her lips! 

vyfI5nk.png

Then the writing stopped, and a deadly calm filled her face... and she opened her eyes... her now quite dead, soulless eyes... 

DQ7q3on.png

t0V5mdI.png

"Fools...." the thing now possessing Mary-Sue Pleasant whispered. "My master will be pleased...."

And without another sound Mary-Sue pleasant, or what was left of her, was lifted off the ground, and vanished into the all too silent night.

brYTFxx.png

7lJN16g.png

TrwLNcG.png

T0orsfK.png

The Strange Tale of Emiko Kerman will continue...

Go to Chapter 83
Return to Index

Also a huge thank you and shout out to Zarathustra from Mod the Sims website for the amazing Raven's Rest cemetery lot.

Edited by Just Jim

We got hit by a last minute T-storm just as I posted this, so I could only do a quick proofread. If anyone spots anything I missed, let me know please.

52 minutes ago, DualDesertEagle said:

I sense it, things are about to get FUBAR!

:D

4 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Somebody's been raiding the old man's liquor cabinet... :)

Eye of newt, wing of bat, toe of frog... mix well with 2 shots brandy... :confused:

Edited by Just Jim

5 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Somebody's been raiding the old man's liquor cabinet... :)

And possibly a bit more than the liquor cabinet... :D

@Just Jim - a great chapter and opens up a few more questions and a few more possibilities... I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next...

• Did we just witness time-travel through one of those gravioli worm holes?
  • Are there more Kerman-Human mixes out there that we haven't met yet?

I'll ask the rest of the questions later... :D

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Did we just witness time-travel through one of those gravioli worm holes?

No... it is not possible to travel thru time using just a gravioli wormhole, or Emiko's boulder could have rescued her when-ever it wanted... quite literally.

How the ET's traveled back in time would be something quite mind-blowing... and require some creative thinking on my part... lol... :rolleyes:

However... if you are referring to Mary-Sue disappearing at the end of the chapter... I can tell you that it was a small Ga-Vio-La' wormhole spell like Sandra the teenage witch used.

Which begs 2 questions... How did Mary-Sue open one, and where did she go?  

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Are there more Kerman-Human mixes out there that we haven't met yet?

No, but there may be a Human/ET hybrid out there somewhere.  :wink:

1 hour ago, GDJ said:

But she does look better with hair. :)

hehe... I may have some more fun with it. Standard belief is all Kerbal females were their hair back in ponytails. But humans, both male and female, do all sorts of wild things with their hair. And apparently both Ophelia and Jules like doing up Emiko's hair for her. :)

Edited by Just Jim

Belladonna Cove is getting more and more familiar... 

OF COURSE! Weird towns... I present to you, the other winner of the title "Weirdest Town Ever"!

latest?cb=20150913072640

Edited by KAL 9000

1 hour ago, KAL 9000 said:

OF COURSE! Weird towns... I present to you, the other winner of the title "Weirdest Town Ever"!

Yes!  This is exactly what I'm doing, in a weird way.

The town of Gravity Falls, like the town of Belladonna Cove, is one of those strange places where the walls of reality are really thin, so to speak, and weird stuff is commonplace. I suppose the town of Twin Peaks is another good one.

My idea is to not just put a Kerbal on Earth... but on a fictional, campy sci-fi Earth. Originally I was going make it a little more real... but lately real life has become... how shall I put this... a little too real? There are things I just can't talk about, even in fun, without causing problems.

So instead I thought we already have telepathic krakens and brain-pods... why not go all the way with a science-fiction style planet Earth, complete with witches, vampires, and whatever else fits in?

If we're going campy... lets get campy!  :D

Edited by Just Jim

I love this story. I have spent four hours browsing through everything, and am still waiting for more. I see why it is the 2016 TOTY.

Amazing read, 10/5, would read again.

(Also, I might have seen a shout-out to this somewhere else on the internet...but I´m not sure.)

3 hours ago, joacobanfield said:

I love this story. I have spent four hours browsing through everything, and am still waiting for more. I see why it is the 2016 TOTY.

Amazing read, 10/5, would read again.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, joacobanfield said:

(Also, I might have seen a shout-out to this somewhere else on the internet...but I´m not sure.)

Really? Other than this forum? That would be so cool!  :D

6 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

latest?cb=20150913072640

I think we may have another contender. Night Vale.

Image result for welcome to night vale

Image result for welcome to night vale

Edited by Laythe Squid

2 minutes ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

THAT BE CRRRRRRRRRRREEEEPYY!!!!!! :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Oh puleeze. No where is creepier than Castle Rock, Maine.

Every horror thinkable has happened there (thank you Stephen King. You rock!)

22 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Originally I was going make it a little more real... but lately real life has become... how shall I put this... a little too real? There are things I just can't talk about, even in fun, without causing problems.

Hey, no world more weird than our own

On 6/12/2017 at 3:20 PM, Just Jim said:

Yes!  This is exactly what I'm doing, in a weird way.

The town of Gravity Falls, like the town of Belladonna Cove, is one of those strange places where the walls of reality are really thin, so to speak, and weird stuff is commonplace. I suppose the town of Twin Peaks is another good one.

Precisely! 

According to my research, certain places across the multiverse of infinite possible universes experience a phenomenon known as "Localized Dimensional Barrier Weakness" (LDBW), or, in layman's terms, "Weirdness". There, spacetime is pretty much broken, and lifeforms and phenomenon from different universes in the multiverse seep through. The LDBW is confined to an area typically less than five miles from end to end (approximately the size of a small town), and objects from different universes cannot escape the confines of that area due to creatures from different universes not being able to survive in the universe containing the LDBW pocket due to slight differences in the laws of physics and quantum fluctuations. The LDBW pocket can sustain them, though. LDBW pockets are stationary relative to the largest gravitational force in the area of the pocket (i.e. LDBW pockets inside Earth's SOI will stay there, because Earth is the dominant gravitational force in its own SOI). 

LDBW pockets can be destroyed, causing the rest of spacetime in the host universe to go all screwy, but that requires energy levels equivalent to 8 petawatts (or approximately 6,611,570 times 1.21 gigawatts, the amount of power needed for time travel), or a Reality Warper.

25 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Precisely! 

According to my research, certain places across the multiverse of infinite possible universes experience a phenomenon known as "Localized Dimensional Barrier Weakness" (LDBW), or, in layman's terms, "Weirdness". There, spacetime is pretty much broken, and lifeforms and phenomenon from different universes in the multiverse seep through. The LDBW is confined to an area typically less than five miles from end to end (approximately the size of a small town), and objects from different universes cannot escape the confines of that area due to creatures from different universes not being able to survive in the universe containing the LDBW pocket due to slight differences in the laws of physics and quantum fluctuations. The LDBW pocket can sustain them, though. LDBW pockets are stationary relative to the largest gravitational force in the area of the pocket (i.e. LDBW pockets inside Earth's SOI will stay there, because Earth is the dominant gravitational force in its own SOI). 

LDBW pockets can be destroyed, causing the rest of spacetime in the host universe to go all screwy, but that requires energy levels equivalent to 8 petawatts (or approximately 6,611,570 times 1.21 gigawatts, the amount of power needed for time travel), or a Reality Warper.

Well, except for that one... I hesitate to call it a planet, being more a disc than a sphere, where the LDBW extends everywhere due to the sheer improbability of the place's existence.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.