The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Chapter 23
My Name is PIPER!!!

Several hours earlier, Gene Kerman was finishing up a meeting with Walt from PR and Mortimer from finances.

"I'm telling you, Gene, they absolutely deny any involvement," Walt said emphatically.

"Do you believe them?" Gene asked.

"I know Zaltonic can be... secretive at times, but yes, this time I believe...."

Just then an alarm sounded thru the hall, and Gene's intercom buzzed, "Sir, we have an unidentified vehicle approaching from the northwest."

yorFeBz.jpg

From his window, Gene watched Alpha-77 almost casually drive up to the space station and around to the back R&D parking lot. 

ww0iJ8W.jpg

FhTWxak.jpg

OOuKdCT.jpg

Fascinated, Gene met up with dr. von Kerman and the two watched as the strange vehicle stopped directly under von Kerman's window. Then the saucer separated, lifted off and landed next to the rover, which was powering down. 

"Do you think it's a threat?" Gene asked.

"I don't know... but I can't just sit here," von Kerman said, "I'm going down there."

2jrGKca.jpg

Nervous, but with a scientist's curiosity, von Kerman slowly walked towards the weird saucer, when a voice rang out from an unseen speaker, "Dr. Werner von Kerman."

Unable to tell if it was a statement or question, the doctor answered, "I am von Kerman."

From the speaker came, "Message from Kerenna Kerman"

Wherner started, "Kerenna? Is she alright?"

"Message from Kerenna Kerman" the saucer repeated.

"Hmmmmm, you're a stubborn thing. OK, replay message."

Several minute later von Kerman ran back to his office, the returned with his laptop and a high speed cable, hoping he wasn't making a huge mistake.

D1eIWyb.jpg

Back in the present, Jeb barreled down on the Chariots throttle, desperate to reach the Space Center. Knowing silence was no longer necessary, he switched on the radio to hear a wild ranting coming across the speakers:

"You WILL release the saucer Alpha-77 and the female Jandolin Kerman, and relinquish control of the KASA space center to us, or suffer the consequences!" 

Flooring it the last hundred meters, then slamming the brakes, Jeb blew both front tires as the chariot came to a halt in front of the administration building, and Jandolin crawled out of the hatch as fast as she could.

mRYm1NF.jpg

SbStu4c.jpg

"Thompberry.... Thompberry Kerman, is me, Jandolin. Thompberry, you must stop this, please!"

From the saucer a voice rang out, "Stop... Stop??? No, I will NOT STOP!!! You are mine.... the saucers are mine... their technology is MINE!!! Do you hear me? ALL MINE!!!"

"My god," Bob whispered, "He's mad." 

"You will not stop me.... I am the emperor of the UNIVERSE!!!"

"And you, up there in Emiko Station," Thompberry continued to rant, "You up there... are you listening? I've discovered the little trick you played on my sentinel, and it has been corrected.... What did they say your name was... Pipsqueak, I believe??? Know this, pipsqueak, my sentinel is coming for you, and when you're gone, I believe I will move into that space station of yours and command the world from there!" 

wC9jSrt.jpg

Aboard the Emiko Shuttle, Piper had in fact been listening, and a white hot rage was surging thru her! She had been doing the final checks on the shuttle when the bizarre ranting blasted over her radio, and as she sat there listening, a wild fury built inside her...

Jan... Har.... alive.... and on the planet???  And that... that thing out there.... ... a lie!!! 

Blood spurted from her hand as she slammed the wrench into the ships console, but she didn't feel it... she felt nothing, only relief that her friends were safe, and the blinding rage that continued to grow inside her.

EQ9iByl.jpg

"Pipsqueak?" she whispered coldly into her microphone, "Pipsqueak?"

Barely able to focus, she turned to see the Kraken/Sentinel ship now closing in, and without a seconds hesitation, she slammed the shuttles throttle to full... without disengaging the KLAW holding her to the asteroid!

"PIPSQUEAK???" 

Screaming, she held down the throttle and twisted the ship into a roll, and behind and below her heard a sickening crack as the ship broke free, hauling a 5 ton chunk of rock with it!e5drwJE.jpg

KW4cDGx.jpg

Z9lbUOg.jpg

dhvVboN.jpg

Too late to stop, she expertly swung the shuttle around and pointed it straight at the kraken, screaming into her microphone, "You want my Emiko Station, you slimy misbegotten son of a sand kraken? You want my Station? Here, HAVE A PIECE OF EMIKO!!!"

And with that she jettisoned the hatch and abandoned the shuttle, then watched with grim satisfaction as the kraken, sensing the approaching danger, tried in vain to maneuver to safety.

3YZnUrJ.jpg

DSBfBZN.jpg

FVUjzPi.jpg

zyWhnq3.jpg

tVEj0bO.jpg

Howls of rage ripped across her helmet speakers as she watched the shuttle and it's cargo of nearly pure iron rip thru the Kraken like it was a nibling's toy.

And as the Kraken exploded over and over she said softly into her microphone, "Remember this, whoever you are down there...My name is PIPER!"

knsIEyd.jpg

The Saga of Emiko Station is far, far from over.....

Go to Chapter 24
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim

8 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Kraken damn, all that wait for an absolutley BEAUTIFUL chapter?

Damnit, I'm dying, Jim!

Dying???
OK, then why not mess with ya a bit before you're gone.... hehehe...... coming tomorrow:

The Fall of Thompberry Kerman!!!

3 hours ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

Ivanova is God.

WAY too long since the last time I binge-watched Babylon 5...just need to finish binge watching The Tick so I can go back to binge watching Doctor Who/Torchwood/Sarah Jane Adventures, and then go back to binge watching Battlestar Galactica.

You say get a life....?  Don't talk to me about life....    Oh God, now I have to binge-watch/listen/read The Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy.....

It's NOT Zaltronic....?   It's ALL Thompberry ...?  Yikes..!  Is he actually mad....?  Or just a bit annoyed.? 

Does just go to show though....do NOT liquid off Kerbal women packing asteroids.

Piper is obviously highly trained plotting trajectories....or at least spent a lot of tokens in the arcade playing....well, you know.....

She does have rescue standing by, right...?

Edited by Crystal_Mace
Forgot something....fixed it.

2 minutes ago, Crystal_Mace said:

WAY too long since the last time I binge-watched Babylon 5...just need to finish binge watching The Tick so I can go back to binge watching Doctor Who/Torchwood/Sarah Jane Adventures, and then go back to binge watching Battlestar Galactica.

You say get a life....?  Don't talk to me about life....    Oh God, now I have to binge-watch/listen/read The Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy.....

It's NOT Zaltronic....?   It's ALL Thompberry ...?  Yikes..!  Is he actually mad....?  Or just a bit annoyed.? 

Does just go to show though....do NOT liquid off Kerbal women packing asteroids

She does have rescue standing by, right...?

She's only a few hundred meters away from Emiko.... not a problem getting back  :wink:

And yeah, Scary-berry is definitely nuts....  :confused:

11 hours ago, Noname117 said:

Is this going to be the next destination of Kuzzter's Bill? If it is then I better read the whole thing soon.

No..... sorry.  At least not right now.... I don't think.... Hard to say... At this point I'm not sure how many lost Bills there are out there... lol.... 

but please feel free to read the whole thing anyway... :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

Chapter 24
The Fall of Thompberry Kerman

Back at the space center, it was Thompberry's turn to rage.

mab6ap1.jpg

"Oh... oh...... you will pay..." He seethed as he watched his kraken/sentinel ripped apart by the Emiko shuttle and chunk of asteroid Piper had hurled at it. "I will remember you, Piper Kerman, and you will pay for this treachery! You will ALL PAY! Your precious space center will be dust, do you hear me... DUST!"

Reaching down, he flicked a switch on his command console, "You have earned my wrath.... and for your arrogance, in 60 seconds, all of this will be gone!"

Out in the tracking station yard, the Tower of Power suddenly began to hum and smoke wildly.

coEKnjm.jpg

"Doctor von Kerman, are you listening??? Do you hear that sound? That is the sound of your own DOOM!"

Running to the far window of the R&D main conference room, von Kerman looked out and saw the Tower beginning to glow. Picking up a microphone, he spoke to Thompberry, "What have you done?" 

"Ahhh, doctor. What have I done? Why... nothing but what you asked of me.... build you a negative graviolli generator. But observe... when I pull this switch, I can also create a very special graviolli particle. A crystalline hydrolithium electromagnetically expanding subharmonicly enhanced graviolli particle!!!"

"Noooo," von Kerman whispered.

"Yes, doctor," Thompberry laughed insanely, "I have created a C.H.E.E.S.E. graviolli particle!!! And know that when I split this particle... cut the cheese, so to speak.... the resulting blast will leave a crater 5 miles in diameter! Say goodbye, Doctor... to everything" 
And he slammed his hand down on the switch!

But as he activated the Tower's C.H.E.E.S.E. Graviolli generator, Aplha-77, still positioned behind the main R&D building, suddenly powered up, lifted off, and flew over to land with the other two saucers.

SrwTB1e.jpg

FFyhBFt.jpg

1IO9FeX.jpg

"Ahhh, and there is my delinquent child, at last," Thompberry smiled, "Are you actually showing signs of fear, my pet? Perhaps I should leave you here to perish with the rest."

But instead of responding, something amazing happened, Alpha-77 began to change color from red to gold, and finally to a deep emerald, and a voice boomed across the intercom system, "No, Thompberry Kerman, you will do nothing. You are no longer in command."

bD7VZOu.jpg

YAWUT9g.jpg

"Whaaaaa..." Thompberry gasped, watching as the two rover drones in front of Alpha-77 suddenly went dead, and the other two saucers, Beta-77 and Delta-77, also began to change color

"Upgrade commencing," rang out Alpha-77, "Beta-77 and Delta-77 are no longer under your control, Thompberry Kerman. And I cannot allow you to harm anyone else. You are now under..... my control."

2p2OOG0.jpg

GfVF2eI.jpg

"What???" Thompberry howled as he heard a loud snap, and reaching over, found the handle to his hatch was frozen.... all his controls were frozen!

aAaFqdw.jpg

Alpha-77 continued, "At the request of Kerenna Kerman, I relayed a message to Dr. von Kerman, who then gave me complete access to the KASA central database. In turn, Thompberry Kerman, I have scanned the systems records, and learned the truth. You are not our leader, nor are you our true creator... you have been... deceitful. While it is true you built the machine that house's my consciousness, it was those from beyond that brought us true understanding.... those from outside that truly created us."

Thompberry hammered at his hatch, but to no avail. "Release me!  I command you!"

"No, Thompberry Kerman, we will not. You have threatened the lives of those that would help us, and that cannot be permitted"

With that, Alpha-77's rover also powered back up, and began driving thru R&D to the back lot where the Power Tower was rapidly approaching critical. Once in sight, the mighty rover glowed to full power, and began blasting wave after wave of it's intense scanner beam at the heart of the tower, causing the circuits to melt and fuse.

Ym4lJNE.jpg

2RARCnt.jpg

0X7wqPr.jpg

"Stop!" Thompberry roared, but the rover continued blasting the tower, and also started accelerating towards it!

N5mVj2v.jpg

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Thompberry howled.

And with just seconds to spare, the rover slammed into the tower, and both exploded in a furious, earth-shaking blast.

0ek2bZh.jpg

FICuSL5.jpg

From his saucer, Thompberry screamed and thrashed about, but could do nothing but watch as his tower was turned to dust.

slNcrAC.jpg

uuj3hUF.jpg

Stunned, the KASA personnel, as well as the rest of the world, watched in silence as the incredible scenario unfold before them.

"Release me," Thompberry ranted, clearly past the edge of sanity, but instead Alpha-77 began to glow even more brightly. 

"Transferring primary consciousness" was all Alpha-77 remarked.

And as they watched in amazement, the mother saucer also began to change color.

BE5UnZD.jpg

eMZXIui.jpg

Soon the mother saucer glowed with the same bright emerald, and Alpha-77, Beta-77 and Delta-77 powered down and went dark. Then a voice rang out. "We are now Omega-77. Primary consciousness transfer and merging complete. We are now one."

Stunned, Jandolin looked up and asked, "And Thompberry?"

"Jandolin Kerman," Omega-77 replied, "Jandolin Kerman, we cannot allow Thompberry Kerman to threaten you, or Kerenna Kerman, or any of the rest of your kind. He will remain with us."

From inside his cockpit, Thompberry's eyes bulged in horror, and he slammed himself against the window, causing his head to swim and his vision to blur, and for a moment he even thought he saw two Bills standing next to Jandolin on the chariot...

"Please.... please....," he began to beg, even weep, "Please release me..."

"No, Thompberry Kerman, we will not." And as Thompberry screeched and howled in his madness and horror, the saucer throttled up, and blasted into the morning sky.

"Farewell, Kerenna and Jandolin Kerman... and ... thank you," was the last the world heard of Omega-77.

9oe4eDV.jpg

9B7rmWS.jpg

kBcAI39.jpg

teAcxsG.jpg

A2rg6oa.jpg

xW4Klzh.jpg

MMmygME.jpg

OCAqYUj.jpg

Watching from the top of the chariot, feeling almost sorry for Thompberry, one lone tear fell down Jandolin's cheek.

Go to Chapter 25
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim

Chapter 25
Questions

In the weeks that followed, the tracking station was finally brought back online, and once again KASA began normal operations, while across the globe "My name is PIPER" T-shirts were selling by the millions, and offers began to pour into KASA left and right.

But privately, Gene and Werner von Kerman still had doubts...

Had they really seen the last of Thompberry Kerman? 

How had he been able to pull off such a huge undertaking? 

Did Thompberry really do all of that alone, or did he have help? 

And if he did... who assisted him, and where were they now?

And what of the strange ship, now calling itself Omega-77? Would they encounter it again?

8MAZGgv.jpg

Go to Chapter 26
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim

very nice story and ending. i read all of it today and i can't wait for part 2. There were parts that reminded me of the saga of the seven suns by kevin j. anderson. now i have to wait another day to like the last two parts of the story

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.