The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

2 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I'll be honest, when you said "older folk like me,"

I was wrong about saying that... I didn't realize until after that it's still going strong as ever... lol.

3 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

But I guess watched much older shows than I thought as a child. I think I have an idea now.

I don't suppose there will be any unmasking sprees? Though there are certainly some juveniles throwing a spanner into the works.

You are exactly on target... But again, it's only loosely based, and I can guarantee the one thing that won't happen is a campy unmasking at the end. I promise something more... creative... :wink:

Hmmmm... Now this is an interesting situation... Those of you that have been keeping up on the comments will probably remember a few weeks ago I had a big problem concerning an asteroid bug (called the drill bug), and I ended up veering into this... I may as well say it.... this sort of Scooby-Doo, Goosebumps, X-files, UFO sort of direction instead.

Well, according to @bewing on the 1.3 Discussion thread, this asteroid bug has apparently been addressed. I don't know if it's fully, or partially, but either way this is great news! I just have to wait for my mods to catch up to see how much it effects Emiko asteroid itself. FYI, I'm using about 30 mods right now, and many are already caught up, so it shouldn't be too terribly long a wait.

But now I have to make a decision how to proceed.... continue down the Goosebumps path, so to speak, or go back to the asteroid path??? 

Or try and tie both together???

Edited by Just Jim

Oh this is so not good!  :mad:

This morning it was working fine, and now my Sims2 game won't work and is giving me an error message about not having DirectX 9c drivers.... what???

I have no clue what happened, or how... I didn't do anything!!!  But I have backups of Belladonna Cove, I can try and uninstall and re-install everything tomorrow.

Otherwise... I don't know what I'll do to finish Emiko's backstory.... 

My head hurts and I don't feel so hot... I'm going to bed... :(

Edited by Just Jim

The Saga is on lockdown pending Tech Support...

... I am so sorry, but I really, really need help with this

From what I can tell, sometime yesterday afternoon either Windows10 or my graphic card auto-updated itself, and in the process, upgraded to DirectX 12.

And now I'm getting this error when I try to start the Sims2 to do backstory shots:

grRRGOK.png

I tried re-nstalling dirextX9c... but Windows won't let me... so I uninstalled and re-installed the Sims2, in case it was just a glitch, but the error persists,

And I'm at my wits end. How could this happen now??? I am so terribly boxed in, I'm not sure if I can continue without the backstory parts.

I just don't know what to do at this point... if anyone at all can help, I would be eternally grateful!!!

Maybe this will help? This is from http://forums.thesimsresource.com/index.php?/topic/279464-help-with-running-the-sims-2-on-windows-10/

I found a solution that might work for you!  Had the same issue, and was ready to hunt down and buy an old computer, but this worked for me -

http://answers.ea.co...ght/false#M9923

The solution, thanks to Dawnrunner879103, is as follows:

1. Right click the shortcut to sims 2 on your desktop. Then select properties

2.Under compatibility, click "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and in the dropdown menu, choose Windows 98/Windows ME (The earliest version of windows TS2 supported)

3. Under that, select reduced colour mode and make sure it is set to 8 bit (256) colour

4. Also select "Run as administrator" Apply and close that window.

I have tested this for the Holiday Ed of the base game, and it actually opens and plays in Windows 10.  Had tried their compatibility thing, with no luck, as the 98/ME option isn't even listed in it!  This way, it worked.  Hopefully, it will for you and others as well.  Happy simming!

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

OK, good news, I think I'm back up and running... knock on wood... thank you!  This wasn't this exact problem, but further down that page was a link to a post by a brilliant woman who had the 2 fixed replacement files I apparently needed. From what I read they're 2 files of instructions for video cards in the game, and these have been adjusted to fix NVidia cards, which I currently have. So I backed up the old ones, replaced them with the new ones, and so far it seems to be working again.

Thank you!!!! I owe you big-time!  :D

49 minutes ago, Thedrelle said:

if worst comes to worst, install it onto a separate computer running windows 7 or earlier, if you have it. 

not necessarily the best option, but it may get you through!

I could do this if I absolutely had to I suppose. I still have my old windows7 machine. But there are 2 problems... first, the power supply fan is going, and it shuts down if it gets too hot. And before anyone asks, I put the $$$ into my new computer instead of getting the old one fixed. I really didn't have the money for both.

Second, and worse issue, the screenshots on that old machine would be terrible. :P

Edited by Just Jim

10 minutes ago, Pretorian28715 said:

Well @Just Jim hopefully disaster averted. I would hate for Emiko to have to do a Forgotten Space Program..... Or would I?????????

No actually I would. It would crash the whole story, fingers and everything else crossed for you.

I think so.... so far everything seems to be working again. The link @Angel-125 posted really helped.

Looks like what happened is my NVidea card upgraded itself to a DirectX driver far beyond what the Sims2 was made for... but with his help, I was able to find a fix.

Just now, Just Jim said:

I think so.... so far everything seems to be working again. The link @Angel-125 posted really helped.

Looks like what happened is my NVidea card upgraded itself to a DirectX driver far beyond what the Sims2 was made for... but with his help, I was able to find a fix.

So no need to panic yet then???

Well I'm just sitting awaiting the next instalment, trying to be patient about it. Probably should not have caught up as quick as I did. :D.

9 hours ago, Just Jim said:

The Saga is on lockdown pending Tech Support...

... I am so sorry, but I really, really need help with this

From what I can tell, sometime yesterday afternoon either Windows10 or my graphic card auto-updated itself, and in the process, upgraded to DirectX 12.

And now I'm getting this error when I try to start the Sims2 to do backstory shots:

I tried re-nstalling dirextX9c... but Windows won't let me... so I uninstalled and re-installed the Sims2, in case it was just a glitch, but the error persists,

And I'm at my wits end. How could this happen now??? I am so terribly boxed in, I'm not sure if I can continue without the backstory parts.

I just don't know what to do at this point... if anyone at all can help, I would be eternally grateful!!!

Ugh. Windows... It did the same thing to me with another game I play - Roller Coaster Tycoon... and boy, does it suck. If anyone knows of a fix, I'd be eternally grateful...

1 hour ago, Pretorian28715 said:

So no need to panic yet then???

Well I'm just sitting awaiting the next instalment, trying to be patient about it. Probably should not have caught up as quick as I did. :D.

No... I think we're OK, and I'm sorry for the scare, but I was in a real panic-mode. I really want to see this finished, and maybe I shouldn't have started the backstory part using another game, but it's too late to back out now. I have to get thru the backstory, and then I can stick to just KSP the rest of the way.

But so far it's working... I just went in and made this, a minor teaser from the next chapter:

Spoiler

jSVsSpv.png

I've also been thinking about this...

On 5/28/2017 at 0:56 PM, Pretorian28715 said:

Agreed. Let the tie up begin......

I may.... may have a way... but it's pretty weird, even by my standards. However, if I can make this work, I may have come up with something... unique.... in the realm of campy sci-fi/horror..... I'm not sure, but I don't think.... anyway... I'm thinking 3...maybe 4 backstory chapters to do it, and also tie it right back into the original Saga.

51 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Ugh. Windows... It did the same thing to me with another game I play - Roller Coaster Tycoon... and boy, does it suck. If anyone knows of a fix, I'd be eternally grateful...

I have Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, and last I checked that was running OK... kinda afraid to go look now... lol.

45 minutes ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

How to defeat krakens 101

This is great!  lmao  :cool:

Edited by Just Jim

6 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

ah... I thought it was a DLC thing for 4 XD

No... I would like to check out 4 someday, but I already own 2, plus every expansion, and a little over 5,000 downloads... and I have a working mega-hood... so I never really got around to upgrading.

And 2 is great for making kerbal/human hybrids with a KSP T-shirt (not photoshopped)

s2mekCk.png

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.