The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

2 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

Precisely! 

According to my research, certain places across the multiverse of infinite possible universes experience a phenomenon known as "Localized Dimensional Barrier Weakness" (LDBW), or, in layman's terms, "Weirdness". There, spacetime is pretty much broken, and lifeforms and phenomenon from different universes in the multiverse seep through. The LDBW is confined to an area typically less than five miles from end to end (approximately the size of a small town), and objects from different universes cannot escape the confines of that area due to creatures from different universes not being able to survive in the universe containing the LDBW pocket due to slight differences in the laws of physics and quantum fluctuations. The LDBW pocket can sustain them, though. LDBW pockets are stationary relative to the largest gravitational force in the area of the pocket (i.e. LDBW pockets inside Earth's SOI will stay there, because Earth is the dominant gravitational force in its own SOI). 

LDBW pockets can be destroyed, causing the rest of spacetime in the host universe to go all screwy, but that requires energy levels equivalent to 8 petawatts (or approximately 6,611,570 times 1.21 gigawatts, the amount of power needed for time travel), or a Reality Warper.

Very good!!!  :D

4 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

Precisely! 

According to my research, certain places across the multiverse of infinite possible universes experience a phenomenon known as "Localized Dimensional Barrier Weakness" (LDBW), or, in layman's terms, "Weirdness". There, spacetime is pretty much broken, and lifeforms and phenomenon from different universes in the multiverse seep through. The LDBW is confined to an area typically less than five miles from end to end (approximately the size of a small town), and objects from different universes cannot escape the confines of that area due to creatures from different universes not being able to survive in the universe containing the LDBW pocket due to slight differences in the laws of physics and quantum fluctuations. The LDBW pocket can sustain them, though. LDBW pockets are stationary relative to the largest gravitational force in the area of the pocket (i.e. LDBW pockets inside Earth's SOI will stay there, because Earth is the dominant gravitational force in its own SOI). 

LDBW pockets can be destroyed, causing the rest of spacetime in the host universe to go all screwy, but that requires energy levels equivalent to 8 petawatts (or approximately 6,611,570 times 1.21 gigawatts, the amount of power needed for time travel), or a Reality Warper.

I thought it was because of weird things being attracted to certain places, not portals to the multiverse! Didn't Stanford teach you anything?

Also, NEW CHAPTER!!!!! YAY!!!!!

41 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

I thought it was because of weird things being attracted to certain places, not portals to the multiverse! Didn't Stanford teach you anything?

we ARE talking about Gravity Falls right?

oh I loved that show

and I have Journal 3, the book

Gravity Falls is a

Spoiler
Spoiler

MEGA SECRETS

Spoiler

YOU SURE?

Spoiler

REALLY SURE?

Spoiler

SPOILERS!

Spoiler

I'LL SAY DIPPERS REAL NAME

Spoiler

OKAY LAST CHANCE!

Spoiler

Weirdness Magnet

Spoiler

okay, and dippers real name is

Spoiler

Mason

Like all good stories, this one has gotten mind-blowingly big, so please tell me if I've sorted this out all right.

• Emiko Station: Extrasolar asteroid captured into Kerbin orbit. Bears a station and refueling stop. Used to be a gravioli focus point, now inactive.
  • Thompberry: Insane scientist that tried to attack KSC with some sort of electromagnetic weapon ("tower of power"). Captured by his own saucers (see immediately below) and sent into space; mind was placed in a neutronium container by the Bop Kraken.
  • Greek-Letter Saucers (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, etc.): Created by Thompberry; gained sentience after scanning an Ancient Saucer in the ice. Equipped with scanning beam and EMP armament of varying strength; solar powered. At least one was subverted by the Krakens.
  • Stone Arches: Instruments for focusing gravioli energy. Appear as large stone structures.
  • Monoliths: Devices made of neutronium that disrupt the gravioli-concentrating properties of the arches. The Kerbals have begun to understand universe stack theory in conjunction with these.
  • Emiko Kerman: Val's grandmother, rumored to have seen a live Kraken. Namesake of Emiko Station. Transported to Belladonna Cove by an Ancient Saucer.
  • Belladonna Cove: Confluence of various sci-fi and fantasy cultures. The witches know about wormholes and krakens and such.
  • Ancient Saucers: Enigmatic. Buried under crust or ice, can interact with beings both digital and biological.
  • Magic Boulders: Semi-sentient wormhole generation devices. The red one is controlled by the Krakens.
  • Zaltronic: Enigmatic company interested in aerospace. Ties to Angelo. Created the saucers, used to employ Thompberry. Launched a telescope, got it stolen. Destroyed by the Carlenna Kraken using the Red Boulder.
  • Angelo Kerman: Resident @Angel-125 reference and CEO of Wild Blue Industries. This verse's Tony Stark, basically. Sports JetWing, visor, glasses, innovation, and ties to Zaltronics. Once proposed a challenge to visit every celestial body with one ship.
  • Kuzz Kerman: Resident @Kuzzter reference, space pirate.
  • Geschosskopf Kerman: Resident @Geschosskopf reference, Kuzz's first mate.
  • Carlenna Kerman: Formerly associate of Kuzz. Was lost during a NERVA accident and is now controlled by a Kraken in a power struggle with the Lord. Building devices to look for something.
  • Krakens: Ancient civilization of mentally gifted beings. Their empire, at its height, was trans-dimensional but they never got past Sarnus. In their present state, they can take control of a dying being's body, causing changes to eyes.
  • Kraken Lord: Son of the Bop Kraken. Hates the kraken embedded in Carlenna.
  • Bop Kraken: Renegade among his race, used the last of his power to transfer Thompberry's mind.
  • Sanny: The one I can't figure out. Did she actually wander in from the Traveling Circus dimension? Certainly talks about it, boffins and conscripted astronauts.

4 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Like all good stories, this one has gotten mind-blowingly big, so please tell me if I've sorted this out all right.

Yes... perfect, in fact! Well done! :D

4 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Sanny: The one I can't figure out. Did she actually wander in from the Traveling Circus dimension? Certainly talks about it, boffins and conscripted astronauts.

Yes. @Geschosskopf graciously let me borrow her when I mentioned adding the OPM mod into my game, and the story.

And the evidence in my story so far suggests she may have somehow accidentally crossed over from another dimension layer, correct!

Good catch! :D

Edited by Just Jim

21 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

-snippety snip-

Please, no more nested spoilers. SO ANNOYING!

21 hours ago, obney kerman said:

The LDBW causes the Weirdness Magnetism.

18 hours ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

As a real life resident of oregon, I can confirm that some messed up stuff happens round these parts (I live in the woods south of Sandy, Oregon)

Wait, so like flying eyeballs with bat wings?

On 6/11/2017 at 9:24 PM, Just Jim said:

Standard belief is all Kerbal females were their hair back in ponytails. But humans, both male and female, do all sorts of wild things with their hair.

This basically describes me with texture replacer. I edit the persistence so all the females are male, and then slather on some Diverse Kerbal Heads.:wink:

52 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

The LDBW causes the Weirdness Magnetism.

If you're going to do this, please move it to the lounge. I don't want to be in the middle of a Gravity Falls nerd-a-thon.

9 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

Same.

awww..

I wanted a gravity falls nerd-a-thon :( 

1 hour ago, KAL 9000 said:
22 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

-snippety snip-

Please, no more nested spoilers. SO ANNOYING!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

okay @KAL 9000

OK, we better keep this on track before someone attracts the attention of the moderators.

Besides, the more I think about it, the more I think Belladonna Cove and it's surrounding burbs is like Arkham, Massachusetts, and the surrounding area. The original Lovecraft version, not the later batman version. 

11 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

OK, we better keep this on track before someone attracts the attention of the moderators.

What can I say? We're all insane.

Edited by KAL 9000

12 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Besides, the more I think about it, the more I think Belladonna Cove and it's surrounding burbs is like Arkham, Massachusetts, and the surrounding area. The original Lovecraft version, not the later batman version. 

It's a place where things outside of human comprehension routinely drop by for tea, if that's what you mean. It's a place where extraordinary things are accepted and live in tandem with Generic Humanity.

Sounds pretty good to me.

1 minute ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

It's a place where things outside of human comprehension routinely drop by for tea, if that's what you mean. It's a place where extraordinary things are accepted and live in tandem with Generic Humanity.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Again: That REALLY sounds like Gravity Falls

20 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

This actually gives me an idea for the next chapter...... yeah.... this may be where I'm going in the next chapter... I think.... hehehe

Spoiler

Edited by Just Jim

9 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

Speak for yourself, I'm imperfectly Sane, it's every one else that is in doubt.........

9 hours ago, Just Jim said:

this may be where I'm going in the next chapter... I think.... hehehe

and there was me thinking Invasion of the Body Snatchers et al.   :(   Ok time to stop trying to guess and get back to enjoying the story.

2 hours ago, Pretorian28715 said:

and there was me thinking Invasion of the Body Snatchers et al.   :(   Ok time to stop trying to guess and get back to enjoying the story.

This was actually a really good guess. Other than the pod aspect, I would definitely classify the Kraken now possessing Mary-Sue... easily the worst of the lot.... as a type of body-snatcher.

Strange as it sounds, the only reason I'm not including this one in my next chapter is the town where it happened is in California, and unfortunately that doesn't fit into my narrative. 

38 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Is... is he fine? Best wishes to you and your family, four-legged and otherwise.

He's OK, but not fine... they did blood tests, we'll probably know the results Monday.

In a nutshell his pulse is much too slow. Only around 130 bpm. And at the Vet's office, no less, so it should have been around 200 or higher, according to the vet. And he just seems out of sorts... I'm not sure if there's anything we can do, or just make him as comfortable as possible.

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.