The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Just now, KAL 9000 said:

RG TG E RT E NG GR GN GT LG RR LL E NG GR TN GN RR TT RG LN GT GT GN GR E RT. 

Getting closer!

1 minute ago, KAL 9000 said:

A'GG IP WBTLRAKE YMU!

Hmmm.

Spoiler

Not ceaser, or if it is, has something else on top.

Frequency count is useless, since no letter apart from A is repeated more than once.

I am tempted to say the first 3 letters translate to [I'll], since that is one contraction used fairly commonly and results in that specific ordering.

i'll IP WBTLRiKE YMU!

Need to work on it more.

I should really start a cryptography thread in the lounge, to stop this one derailing.

9 hours ago, qzgy said:

I should really start a cryptography thread in the lounge, to stop this one derailing

You should!

I mean, don't take that wrong, I'm not trying to chase you off this thread... I don't mind. But the moderators will eventually step in... and this cryptography thing is pretty fun. You should start a thread for it in the lounge so you can keep it going without worrying about attracting any moderators... unless some join in and try to solve it! :)

1 hour ago, KAL 9000 said:

Here it is! 

Cool!

I'm gonna need a few more days anyway... I got halfway done doing screenshots and decided it just wasn't coming together the way I wanted. So I've thought of a much more fun way to approach this next chapter... which includes a small Victorian murder-mystery... more or less... :0.0:

Wow... the last two days have been a marathon... and I got a ton of work done! This is going to be a really fun chapter.

I can't say much.... but if you think d'Alain's castle was bad... wait until Emiko and Chibi visit...

Spoiler

... the mysteriously mysterious "Old Fishhead Hotel"  :0.0:

6OC3xLc.png

5 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Not tryin' to push it, but how are things workin' out? It's been almost 3 weeks since the last chapter and I'm eager to read on.

Yeah.... sorry. It's mostly the rain, and the afternoon T-storms. If I were to add it all up, I've lost probably 5-6 days since the last chapter because of having to shut everything down. And I had to re-write some of it to make everything tie together.

So where I'm at right now is all the new KSP/KSC briefing room screenshots are done. The new set for the next chapter (the Fishhead Hotel) is finally rebuilt to what I need. The new characters, hotel staff and all that, are done. Special new guest appearance character is also done:

Spoiler

S2E0sp1.png

I'm hoping to get most, if not all, of the remaining screenshots done today... if the weather behaves. From there it's just a day or two to sort, upload and write it up.  

2 hours ago, GDJ said:

Take your time Jim. It's not a marathon.

I know... but I agree with @DualDesertEagle... this should have been done a week ago, and it's frustrating having to stop for the weather every afternoon. But this happens here every year, and I'm betting if I went back a year on this thread I'd find myself grumbling about then, too... lol. 

The good thing is it's given me time to flesh out some little details. :wink:

On 7/16/2017 at 10:54 AM, Just Jim said:

Yeah.... sorry. It's mostly the rain, and the afternoon T-storms. If I were to add it all up, I've lost probably 5-6 days since the last chapter because of having to shut everything down. And I had to re-write some of it to make everything tie together.

So where I'm at right now is all the new KSP/KSC briefing room screenshots are done. The new set for the next chapter (the Fishhead Hotel) is finally rebuilt to what I need. The new characters, hotel staff and all that, are done. Special new guest appearance character is also done:

Hide contents

S2E0sp1.png

I'm hoping to get most, if not all, of the remaining screenshots done today... if the weather behaves. From there it's just a day or two to sort, upload and write it up.  

:rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

Is it just me or does Emiko look an awful lot like @Badie's profile?

I'm afraid I cannot confirm or deny any resemblance to @Badie at this time... :wink:

I can say, however, that as of about 5 minutes ago, the screenshots are finally done!!!  

I've got a ton to sort thru tomorrow, and then I can finally write this one up!  :)

Guys, there's a bunch of off-topic stuff here. Please keep the discussion related to Emiko. The suggestion of a cryptology thread is a good one, and I think it would be fun to see.

There's no shame in reporting posts if you think they're off-topic. We don't have the ability to read every thread, so reporting posts is the single best way to keep this thread (and others) neat and tidy to read through. Trust me, as someone who hasn't checked this thread for a few months, reading through all the posts was quite confusing.

16 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Guys, there's a bunch of off-topic stuff here. Please keep the discussion related to Emiko. The suggestion of a cryptology thread is a good one, and I think it would be fun to see.

There's no shame in reporting posts if you think they're off-topic. We don't have the ability to read every thread, so reporting posts is the single best way to keep this thread (and others) neat and tidy to read through. Trust me, as someone who hasn't checked this thread for a few months, reading through all the posts was quite confusing.

Yeah, I was a little worried that might happen. I don't want to over extend myself and become a back-seat moderator, so to speak, but I'll try and keep things more focused from now on.

And I agree starting a separate cryptology thread in the lounge sounds like good fun!  :D

2 hours ago, Thedrelle said:

We sit in eager anticipation.

1 hour ago, DualDesertEagle said:

That's one HELL of an understatement right there...

And to bring things back on-topic, I got off to a late start because of a morning storm, but it's moved inland and I'm about half done sorting. Looking good for sometime this weekend, depending on the silly weather, of course.

Just now, Just Jim said:

I don't want to over extend myself and become a back-seat moderator, so to speak, but I'll try and keep things more focused from now on.

Really, the best way to do that is by reporting posts that you think are off topic. No backseat moderation required! :D

Well, this is an interesting situation.... I just finished sorting screenshots a few minutes ago, and even after trimming them down to just what I need, I still have a little over 300.  Opps.... No wonder it's taken so long.... :rolleyes:

Now I've got a few chapters with well over 100... but 300 is way too long.

Sooooo... good news... there will be two nice, long chapters in the next couple days instead of just one.  :)

I still need to photoshop out the borders and all that tomorrow, but other than that everything is done and I should be able to write them back to back.

Edited by Just Jim

15 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Well, this is an interesting situation.... I just finished sorting screenshots a few minutes ago, and even after trimming them down to just what I need, I still have a little over 300.  Opps.... No wonder it's taken so long.... :rolleyes:

Now I've got a few chapters with well over 100... but 300 is way too long.

Sooooo... good news... there will be two nice, long chapters in the next couple days instead of just one.  :)

I still need to photoshop out the borders and all that tomorrow, but other than that everything is done and I should be able to write them back to back.

Ermahgerd twer cherpterz!!!

(As you can clearly see, I am quite enthusiastic for double the chapters for the price of one. What a great deal!)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.