The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

"If there's one thing I can't stand, are mother *&&^% zombies on a mother %##*(*(# spaceplane!" - Sam Kerman (Certified BadS)

"I can fix that, hey Karen!" - Angelo Kerman (Chief Designer, CEO Emeritus, Wild Blue Industries)

"Oh Squad, here we go again..." - Karen Kerman (CEO, Wild Blue Industries)

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Hey everyone... got a bunch of screenshots done today... including this tribute to one of my favorites, Mr. Rod Serling:

Reveal hidden contents

wmBkgP4.png

Spoiler

"There's... someone on the wing!  Some... thing!"

-- Bill Kerman, overacting as usual

Edited by Commander Zoom

5 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

I'm slowly gettin' bored of waiting, is it gonna take much longer?

Maybe if you pay him real money, in advance. Otherwise, we get to read his adventures on his time. It's a privilege to read stories, not a right.

5 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

I'm slowly gettin' bored of waiting, is it gonna take much longer?

20 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Maybe if you pay him real money, in advance. Otherwise, we get to read his adventures on his time. It's a privilege to read stories, not a right.

Hear, here! @Just Jim is working on the story... It will be fine. In the meantime, there are older chapters you can go back and read. I do that often and discover new bread crumbs throughout his story...

13 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Hear, here! @Just Jim is working on the story... It will be fine. In the meantime, there are older chapters you can go back and read. I do that often and discover new bread crumbs throughout his story...

Yes, @adsii1970 is right, I'm working on it. I've got about 50% of the screenshots done, and now I'm working on two things... the more important issue is I've still got a couple sub-plots I'm trying to rework and make sound believable. And second.... well, I don't want to give too much away, but we know Carlenna and the Kraken-minions have been scrounging around the junkyard on Minmus. In a nutshell, I'm building what they're building.... :wink:

Also, a really, really good friend (who probably wants to stay anonymous) just bought me the nicest present, a copy of Cities: Skykines. Now before any of you freak out and think I'll be spending all my time playing something else, never fear. This is so much like SimCity, which I used to have. And IMO, everything SimCity should have been. And it's the perfect thing for me to get away from KSP, but not, so to speak, because it's the kind of game that just plays itself, more or less, and I can sit back and watch it and let my mind wander and think about the Emiko story at the same time. So if someone on steam sees me playing Cities, don't worry, it just means I'm thinking... :wink:

I'm not sure how much longer it will be... probably a few days... mostly it depends on how long it takes for my finicky muse to give up a cool idea to fix 2 sub-plots.

Edited by Just Jim

8 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

@Just Jim: Maybe you could incorporate a screenshot of your city in Emiko Station... :D If you were to do that, you'd be using THREE GAMES in your story!

hmmmm... crazy as it sounds, there might be one place I could sneak one or two into the upcoming Emiko backstory... We'll see what happens...

5 hours ago, Buzz light fear said:

What ever happened to the rest of Emiko story on earth just curious 

Actually I'm hoping to pick up on Emiko's tale in just another couple chapters, if I can ever get through this next one. Without giving too much away, Valentina and the guys are just a few days from home. Once they're home, and Emiko is reunited with her granddaughter, she'll finish the story of her adventure on Earth.  :)

OK, the nasty writers block is over!!! :) 

I know what I'm doing again. It's not quite what I originally planned, but it will work. I got a lot more screenshots done today, and I'll try and finish them up tomorrow. 

14 minutes ago, Avery616 said:

Well congrats this fan fiction inspired  me to build a asteroid station :D

btw what mods are the space telescope and buffalo transport from?

Cool! Asteroid stations are one of the most challenging things in the game! Good luck!

As for the mods, Buffalo transport comes from @Angel-125's Buffalo mod:

And I actually have 2 space telescopes.

The Zesty scope:

iD4F98e.png

And the TST-scope (The big gold hexagon on top of the Pandora):

bJ9pXyf.png

The Zesty parts come from @Angel-125's M.O.L.E. mod:

And the TST parts come from @JPLRepo's Tarsier Space Technology mod:

3 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Cool! Asteroid stations are one of the most challenging things in the game! Good luck!

As for the mods, Buffalo transport comes from @Angel-125's Buffalo mod:

And I actually have 2 space telescopes.

The Zesty scope:

iD4F98e.png

And the TST-scope (The big gold hexagon on top of the Pandora):

bJ9pXyf.png

The Zesty parts come from @Angel-125's M.O.L.E. mod:

And the TST parts come from @JPLRepo's Tarsier Space Technology mod:

Right as i was reading this my station got put into a terrible spin as a matter of fact. I regained control but its hard using only 1 ship to stabilize.

Im using the hexagon cube used as the core for space stations normally as my base. Im gonna use the end that points to space for the station segments then use the sides top and bottom mounts to attach 4 unmanned RCS pods for asteroid stability.

OK, I had to go out last night, but I got a lot more screenshots yesterday... about 60-70% done now. Aiming to get the rest done today, maybe get this written up sometime this weekend.

16 hours ago, Avery616 said:

Right as i was reading this my station got put into a terrible spin as a matter of fact. I regained control but its hard using only 1 ship to stabilize.

Im using the hexagon cube used as the core for space stations normally as my base. Im gonna use the end that points to space for the station segments then use the sides top and bottom mounts to attach 4 unmanned RCS pods for asteroid stability.

Yeah, an asteroid can be really hard to handle and move, depending on how big it is. If you go all the way back to my first chapter you'll see how I ended up moving Emiko around. And even with everything I did, I had to move it in small steps so it stayed on course.

I think some of the spinning and wobbling might be an asteroid bug. I've had that happen too... but did the F5/F9 trick and it went away.

Edited by Just Jim

OK, this is getting to be much too long, so I'm quitting where I am and splitting this into two (again). I'll try and get what screenshots I have sorted and uploaded tonight, and write this up tomorrow. 

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.