The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

21 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

He's OK, but not fine... they did blood tests, we'll probably know the results Monday.

In a nutshell his pulse is much too slow. Only around 130 bpm. And at the Vet's office, no less, so it should have been around 200 or higher, according to the vet. And he just seems out of sorts... I'm not sure if there's anything we can do, or just make him as comfortable as possible.

*bawls eyes out*

wishing you best of luck with your cat, Jim. hope everything tuns out OK.

On 6/15/2017 at 2:07 PM, KAL 9000 said:

Wait, so like flying eyeballs with bat wings?

not quite...(wait, how did you get in here again?)

I did find a bunch of empty mason jars and a overturned car in the middle of the woods though. The weird part was that.....

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

it was over 2 miles to the nearest road. 

Edited by The solid fuel chemist

9 hours ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

not quite...(wait, how did you get in here again?)

I did find a bunch of empty mason jars and a overturned car in the middle of the woods though. The weird part was that.....

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

it was over 2 miles to the nearest road. 

Simple. Someone was driving through the brush, and their car ran out of gas. They walked home, and forgot to note where their car was so now they're down a car.

There should be a Guideline against spoiler pyramids, though...

11 hours ago, Just Jim said:

He's OK, but not fine... they did blood tests, we'll probably know the results Monday.

In a nutshell his pulse is much too slow. Only around 130 bpm. And at the Vet's office, no less, so it should have been around 200 or higher, according to the vet. And he just seems out of sorts... I'm not sure if there's anything we can do, or just make him as comfortable as possible.

So sorry. I realize what you must be going through. Could be nothing, or could be something really bad.

Take care, and good luck.

2 hours ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

So sorry. I realize what you must be going through. Could be nothing, or could be something really bad.

Take care, and good luck.

12 hours ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

Thanks. :)

The other thing I forgot to mention is he has an ear infection... which means ear drops... and anyone who has a cat knows giving them ear drops first thing in the morning is just so much fun..... :P

Back on topic, I've got all the little details worked out for the next chapter... gonna start getting screenshots today.

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Thanks. :)

The other thing I forgot to mention is he has an ear infection... which means ear drops... and anyone who has a cat knows giving them ear drops first thing in the morning is just so much fun..... :P

Back on topic, I've got all the little details worked out for the next chapter... gonna start getting screenshots today.

Probably the only surefire way to get something in a cat's ear is to dip the entire cat in that something... I don't have a cat but know people who do.

Does this mean we can expect a new spacecraft named after your cat?

2 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Does this mean we can expect a new spacecraft named after your cat?

The sick one's named Ghost (short for Grey Ghost), my 2nd is Phantom, and my third cat is Waldo.

Hmmmm... the Grey-Ghost might be a cool ship name at that...

5 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Probably the only surefire way to get something in a cat's ear is to dip the entire cat in that something... I don't have a cat but know people who do.

Yeah, about right... it's definitely a 2 person job, and you have to be fast or you will need band-aids... 

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

The sick one's named Ghost (short for Grey Ghost), my 2nd is Phantom, and my third cat is Waldo.

Hmmmm... the Grey-Ghost might be a cool ship name at that...

Yeah, about right... it's definitely a 2 person job, and you have to be fast or you will need band-aids... 

Did you name your cat after the USS Hornet? 

3 hours ago, insert_name said:

Did you name your cat after the USS Hornet?

No.... a little off-topic, but I'm not ready with the next chapter yet anyway.

When we found him and his brother, they were abandoned and Phantom was almost dead, and weighed only 7 ounces... so they ended up with the names Grey-Ghost and Phantom, because they quite nearly came back from the dead.

This is them:

epPodCk.jpg

Me dropper feeding Phantom the first night:

WEArIs9.jpg

And this is them grown up...

L2OFIUT.jpg

handsome fuzzies. I really hope he is okay, ill cats can often be very stressful. 

I have 2 cats, Tanuki and Magnolia. we just go Nollie recently, and for a bit there, Tanuki got rather ill, lethargic, diarrhea, etc. we thought it was stress, but it turned out to be food related. 

also, looking forward to whats next. 

On 6/17/2017 at 10:45 AM, Just Jim said:

As is giving insulin shots to diabetic cats. Or, in the case of one such of my mom's cats, it's a no-person job, as no person was capable of doing it. Said cat was big and muscular enough to break your neck (or at least you nose) when she didn't like what you were doing, and had no qualms about using her claws in a tyt-for-tat reprisal for being pinched and then stabbed with a needle. Ended up being easier (and healthier for all involved) to just put the cat on the feline equivalent of the Atkins diet.

Sick pets are no bueno. Best of luck. 

Edited by Cydonian Monk

6 hours ago, Thedrelle said:

handsome fuzzies. I really hope he is okay, ill cats can often be very stressful. 

I have 2 cats, Tanuki and Magnolia. we just go Nollie recently, and for a bit there, Tanuki got rather ill, lethargic, diarrhea, etc. we thought it was stress, but it turned out to be food related. 

also, looking forward to whats next. 

6 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

As is giving insulin shots to diabetic cats. Or, in the case of one such of my mom's cats, it's a no-person job, as no person was capable of doing it. Said cat was big and muscular enough to break your neck (or at least you nose) when she didn't like what you were doing, and had no qualms about using her claws in a tyt-for-tat reprisal for being pinched and then stabbed with a needle. Ended up being easier (and healthier for all involved) to just put the cat on the feline equivalent of the Atkins diet.

Sick pets are no bueno. Best of luck. 

OK, I have 2 updates, both good. 

First, my cat seems to be feeling better. This morning he ripped my forearm wide open when I was trying to hold him and give him his ear-drops... Got a couple nice 6" claw-marks... But I'm not upset... weird as it sounds, quite the opposite. Yes, my arm still really stings, but my cat is definitely stronger, and fighting much harder, than just a couple days ago, which I'll take as a very good sign.

Second, I was dodging storms again today, but still got a bunch of the screenshots done.

Here's an interesting one to ponder:

vNWxUbn.png

Hmmm... I had another one of those moments today where I was getting screenshots, and one of them immediately reminded me of something that could lead to a really interesting twist... one that I hadn't really considered... So I sent a copy of it to my buddy @adsii1970, who answered back exactly what I was thinking... Great minds and all that... :confused:

It's too good not to use... but also opens a couple possible paths that I need to consider, one that could completely change the ending of the backstory.

Oh, I got a whole bunch of screenshots today... I'm about half done for the next chapter.

Edited by Just Jim

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

It's too good not to use... but also opens a couple possible paths that I need to consider, one that could completely change the ending of the backstory.

Whatever you pick it will at least be interesting/intriguing to find out.

Also, best of luck to your cat, who sounds like he is getting much better.

On 6/17/2017 at 9:43 PM, Just Jim said:

No.... a little off-topic, but I'm not ready with the next chapter yet anyway.

When we found him and his brother, they were abandoned and Phantom was almost dead, and weighed only 7 ounces... so they ended up with the names Grey-Ghost and Phantom, because they quite nearly came back from the dead.

This is them:

epPodCk.jpg

It completely defeats me how anyone could abandon those. :( 

13 minutes ago, KSK said:

It completely defeats me how anyone could abandon those. :( 

I have no idea! In fact, the grey one found me! Literally! Came running up to me, meowing it's head off, then ran over to his brother. I would have never found him otherwise. He quite literally saved his brothers life.

And we just scooped them up and got them straight to a vet that was still open. 

Oh, to bring this back on-topic, I have just about all the screenshots I need for the next chapter. Just need to sort and photoshop and all that.

Here's a teaser screenshot I did this morning for anyone that's interested:

Spoiler

... the place was obviously creepy... but Emiko needed answers....

ZVUePiR.png

2 hours ago, obney kerman said:

oooOOOOoooo... Ghooosts...

maybe... I don't know anymore...  

One screenshot I did a couple days ago... one stupid screenshot.... totally, completely, 100% changed everything I had planned. And right now I'm not sure what I'm really doing, and more or less making stuff up as I go along.  :confused:

1 hour ago, Pretorian28715 said:

Only now????? [ lol ] 

1 hour ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Wait, you weren't before...?

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

I'll put a check in the mail first thing tomorrow... :sticktongue:

No... you got me, I admit it, I've been making most of this up as I go along. But I was following a general outline... more or less.

However, 3 days ago that outline got tossed out the window... So I'm really winging it for now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.