The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

43 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, man... you are SOOOOO close!  Think!

In my story, a normal Sputnik or Stayputnik doesn't have an AI, or any kind of brain.... except..... except... come on..... :wink:

...one serving as a neutronium shell for a Kraken-made detached brain!

11 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Great chapter, and creates even more questions....

In fact, it confirms several things that we've already suspected. The Krakens were a pan-galactic species at war with the Saucer Aliens, which have time-space teleporting technology and likely built the Monoliths. The Krakens were wiped out a long time ago, but now exist as a purely informational race capable of overtaking human bodies. The methods are now known; they launch a directed mental attack on the original person, replace them with a substitute, and begin brainwashing others to serve them.

32 minutes ago, insert_name said:

Wait is that thompberry?!

Well... no... but..... :wink:

14 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Bingo!!!! 

15 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

In fact, it confirms several things that we've already suspected. The Krakens were a pan-galactic species at war with the Saucer Aliens, which have time-space teleporting technology and likely built the Monoliths. The Krakens were wiped out a long time ago, but now exist as a purely informational race capable of overtaking human bodies. The methods are now known; they launch a directed mental attack on the original person, replace them with a substitute, and begin brainwashing others to serve them.

Yes... excellent.... :wink:

6 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Well... no... but..... :wink:

Bingo!!!! 

no idea ^^ hehe ^^ but without one single idea it leave a lot of place and room for plenty ^^ ((pps sorry jim mth //www complicated))

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
all you need is more strut .... 'sigh' pm mode offf ...

31 minutes ago, WinkAllKerb'' said:

no idea ^^ hehe ^^ but without one single idea it leave a lot of place and room for plenty ^^ ((pps sorry jim mth //www complicated))

OK, I'm in a really good mood... lol.

What we appear to have is a large, floating sphere of alien design, covered in antenna, and with what seems to be a sort of camera or something in the front... Looks remarkably old, yet resembles, more than anything, something fictional from an Earth video game...

And it can talk... or at least it did for a moment. 

And it came floating out of a wrecked Saucer... the cause of the crash still unknown...

Hmmmmm.... 

Spoiler

I would say, given this evidence...

It appears we might have just stumbled onto a 2nd, and much, much older, brain-pod than Thompberry!

Edited by Just Jim

17 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Kerbalcomicon? Sounds like a big event I would go spend lots of money at!

Great chapter, and creates even more questions....

Every year, thousands of kerbals go mad standing in line to briefly glimpse at a page in the book with some celebrities in it...

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

-snippety snip-

Hide contents

I would say, given this evidence...

It appears we might have just stumbled onto a 2nd, and much, much older, brain-pod than Thompberry!

WOAH!

2 hours ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

How in the name of Jeb is neutronium stable outside the extreme gravity of a neutron star?

2 hours ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Krakens are evil octopus Time Lords that can possess people. Got it. 

I cannot tell a lie - I laughed at Wernher the Snowhuman. :) Now if we could just find somebody who happens to be a dab hand with TextureReplacer we could have...

Wernher the SnowKerbal!

And on a serious note, cool - and creepy - backstory!

2 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

How in the name of Jeb is neutronium stable outside the extreme gravity of a neutron star?

Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Also - the power of Plot compels it.

And folks - could we keep the freelance proofreading off-thread please? Typos are just a fact of writing - especially those annoying out-of-context ones that the spellchecker doesn't pick up and that your eye just skips over because you've read and revised that bit of text so many times now that your brain sees what should be there rather than what is actually there. :)

If any of them seriously grate, just drop Jim a PM and I'm sure he'll correct them.

17 minutes ago, KSK said:

And folks - could we keep the freelance proofreading off-thread please? Typos are just a fact of writing - especially those annoying out-of-context ones that the spellchecker doesn't pick up and that your eye just skips over because you've read and revised that bit of text so many times now that your brain sees what should be there rather than what is actually there. :)

If any of them seriously grate, just drop Jim a PM and I'm sure he'll correct them.

Yes, thanks!

Truth be told, that last chapter took nearly 9 hours to write up, and I was wiped out when I finished. But I went back and I think I got all of them.

2 hours ago, KSK said:

Wernher the SnowKerbal!

That would be TOOO funny!!!  

2 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

OK... so in a work of fiction where I've used telepathy to transport brains into a pod... your only concern is what the pod is made of???  Ahhahahahaha awesome!  :D

No, seriously.... the truth is I stole that from the original Star trek episode "The Doomsday Machine". In it, somewhere, Spock says something along the lines of "It's hull is solid neutronium, our phasers cannot penetrate it..."

Sounded good enough for me... so I stole borrowed it :)

Edited by Just Jim

21 hours ago, Just Jim said:

"What about big, unstable, gravioli wormhole?" Emiko asked d'Alain.

"Gravioli??? Hmmmm.....  that's only theoretical, and mostly un-believed.... yes... yes.... But you would need some sort of focus, or a catalyst, or.... Oh, yes...."

"Big kaboom?" Emiko smiled

The biggest question with such tech is how big kaboom you get if you overdo it. I mean, somebody :wink: had couple planets eaten like this :0.0:

By the way, a cat with such coloration is either a female or... has an extra chromosome. A rather rare genetic anomaly - seems to be a purrfect choice of pet for the Professor

17 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

The biggest question with such tech is how big kaboom you get if you overdo it. I mean, somebody :wink: had couple planets eaten like this :0.0:

My character Parka B. Kerman has been having nightmares about this very thing..... weird... lol..... :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

the way, a cat with such coloration is either a female or... has an extra chromosome. A rather rare genetic anomaly - seems to be a purrfect choice of pet for the Professor

Yes... YES!  Outstanding catch!

What happened is my good friend @adsii1970, who the professor is based on, suggested having a calico cat named Svengoolie... BTW, Svengoolie is the name of a show, and it's host, that plays old campy sci-fi movies on Saturday Nights on a station called MeTV. Being a lover of old, campy sci-fi... I was more than glad to squeeze Sven in somewhere.

But I also realized the same thing... this would mean he's a male calico.... hmmmmm  :huh:

But then again, this is Belladonna Cove... where most anything is possible.

I was just waiting to see if anyone would catch it! :D

10 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Yes... YES!  Outstanding catch!

What happened is my good friend @adsii1970, who the professor is based on, suggested having a calico cat named Svengoolie... BTW, Svengoolie is the name of a show, and it's host, that plays old campy sci-fi movies on Saturday Nights on a station called MeTV. Being a lover of old, campy sci-fi... I was more than glad to squeeze Sven in somewhere.

But I also realized the same thing... this would mean he's a male calico.... hmmmmm  :huh:

But then again, this is Belladonna Cove... where most anything is possible.

I was just waiting to see if anyone would catch it! :D

Calicos have to have two X chromosomes, males have to have a Y. So the cat's chromosome code is XXY, and he has the cat version of Klinefelter syndrome.

10 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

My character Parka B. Kerman has been having nightmares about this very thing..... weird... lol..... :rolleyes:

At this point, all KSP fan stories basically exist within the same multiverse. Kerbfleet and Plan Kappa have explicitly crossovered, Emiko Station has moved Sanny from the Traveling Circus universe, and Emiko Station and Plan Kappa share the Gravioli technology. Plus, the Kerbfleet Monolith has stated Forgotten Space Program to be in the same 'verse as Kerbfleet, Kappa, and Emiko. There are similarities as well - the depiction of the Krakens as a mind controlling ancient civilization, the nature of the Monoliths, the properties of Gravioli.

Can we expect some huge crossover written by all 5 authors at the end of this? (i.e. @Just Jim, @Kuzzter, @Parkaboy, @Cydonian Monk, and @Geschosskopf)

Edited by greenTurtle1134

10 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

At this point, all KSP fan stories basically exist within the same multiverse. Kerbfleet and Plan Kappa have explicitly crossovered, Emiko Station has moved Sanny from the Traveling Circus universe, and Emiko Station and Plan Kappa share the Gravioli technology. Plus, the Kerbfleet Monolith has stated Forgotten Space Program to be in the same 'verse as Kerbfleet, Kappa, and Emiko. There are similarities as well - the depiction of the Krakens as a mind controlling ancient civilization, the nature of the Monoliths, the properties of Gravioli.

Can we expect some huge crossover written by all 5 authors at the end of this? (i.e. @Just Jim, @Kuzzter, @Parkaboy, @Cydonian Monk, and @Geschosskopf)

And don't forget Kerny's Journal.... Emiko Station has already crossed over - as a campy sci-fi claymation series... :D

4 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Didn't read that, what happened?

Hahaha! Well, any takers on trying to explain this one?! :D

Spoiler

uYAVMrY.jpg

There's a bunch of shots where this, the beginning credits are found within the screen shots of Kerny's journal...

And the epic breakdown of Gene, to find the tracking center's main monitor displaying a scene from that great television show...

dwTvHfT.png

Edited by adsii1970

6 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Didn't read that, what happened?

Oh, you should! In @adsii1970's universe Emiko Station is a long running claymation television series!  And J. Jim Kerman is the (pain-in-the-butt) writer/producer. hehehe  @adsii1970 asked a while ago if he could use it, and how could I say no? It's both hilarious, and a great honor.

In fact, there are a couple more fan-fiction stories either I or my "Emiko cast" have already... or may soon, show up for a cameo. I can't say anymore for fear of spoilers... :wink:

Oh wait... Emiko Station is also a book in one...

Edited by Just Jim

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, you should! In @adsii1970's universe Emiko Station is a long running claymation television series!  And J. Jim Kerman is the (pain-in-the-butt) writer/producer. hehehe  @adsii1970 asked a while ago if he could use it, and how could I say no? It's both hilarious, and a great honor.

In fact, there are a couple more fan-fiction stories either I or my "Emiko cast" have already... or may soon, show up for a cameo. I can't say anymore for fear of spoilers... :wink:

Oh wait... Emiko Station is also a book in one...

Okay, so Emiko Station is a work of fiction in some other universes? Now there's a wrench in multiverse theory. Maybe we could say that people with similar names in parallel realities tend to tap into those realities telepathically, causing them to write fiction simulating that reality?

13 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Okay, so Emiko Station is a work of fiction in some other universes? Now there's a wrench in multiverse theory. Maybe we could say that people with similar names in parallel realities tend to tap into those realities telepathically, causing them to write fiction simulating that reality?

There is a very old Star Trek TOS story.... two actually... that were published when I was a kid, but never made into episodes unfortunately, called "Visit to a Strange Universe", and "Visit to a Strange Universe revisited" in which the real Kirk and the gang beam down to a planet, only to find themselves on a hollywood set... filming the Star trek TV series... and they're supposed to be actors!.

And in the second, obviously, the opposite happens... Bill Shatner, the actor, and the gang climb onto a television set piece, and are actually transported into a real Enterprise, and have to muddle their way back home.

I may have the order backwards... but the idea is the same, crossing over parallel universes where Star Trek is real in one, but only a work of fiction in the other. I guess Emiko is the same now... :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

--snip--

How do you start a vote on this?????

Oh this would give you guys a headache as much as you give us, lol.

But seriously could it be done even as a one shot?

@Just Jim, @Kuzzter, @Parkaboy, @Cydonian Monk@Geschosskopf @adsii1970, and who ever we could get interested?

Edited by Pretorian28715

8 minutes ago, Pretorian28715 said:

But seriously could it be done even as a one shot?

1 hour ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Plus, the Kerbfleet Monolith has stated Forgotten Space Program to be in the same 'verse as Kerbfleet, Kappa, and Emiko. There are similarities as well - the depiction of the Krakens as a mind controlling ancient civilization, the nature of the Monoliths....

Man, I'm really gonna have to start writing faster. :D

1 hour ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Man, I'm really gonna have to start writing faster. :D

Why? Feel like Mister Blocko is dragging you onto the big stage?

(plus)

Alright, I realize that I've pretty fairly derailed the thread at this point, so to get it back on topic:

We've seen that most of the victims of "kraken possession" aren't actually directly possessed at all, but being mind controlled by a kraken in another avatar. When a kraken actually takes physical form, it kills the person it is impersonating and replaces them with a double. Professor d'Alain, on the other hand, was hit with a mental attack that gave the kraken - in May-Sue's body - complete control over him. Knowing that they have this ability, why did the Kraken Lord embed an actual member of his species in Carenna, rather than just making her another slave?

Also, what is the name that d'Alain shouts at the Kraken attacking him? Asanath? Another name under which that Kraken is known?

23 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

We've seen that most of the victims of "kraken possession" aren't actually directly possessed at all, but being mind controlled by a kraken in another avatar. When a kraken actually takes physical form, it kills the person it is impersonating and replaces them with a double.

The original idea wasn't to actually replace the victim... just push them to the brink of death in order to fully possess them. But I suppose adding the Twilight Zone element (The girl and her double at the bus-stop) indicates some are completely replaced...

I like the idea, and need to think on this some more.. :wink:

Knowing that they have this ability, why did the Kraken Lord embed an actual member of his species in Carenna, rather than just making her another slave?

In many ways the Kraken/Carlenna... and all her other names... is both an equal, and a counterpart, to the Kraken Lord himself... his "mate"... which he hates. But I think I implied somewhere he needs her.... as much as he's grown to despise her... in order to start a new Kraken Empire. So like it or not, he has to treat her as an equal... more or less.

Also, what is the name that d'Alain shouts at the Kraken attacking him? Asanath? Another name under which that Kraken is known?

Yes... hold on... it's in the last chapter:

On 6/27/2017 at 6:58 PM, Just Jim said:

"The worst evidence I've found so far happened in 1933, when a man named Edward Pickman Derby was murdered in a sanitarium by his best friend, claiming Derby was, in fact, already quite dead and his body had been possessed by the spirit of his wife, Asenath, and that she had been "Switching bodies" with him for the past couple years... with horrifying results..."

OK, this name,  Asanath Waite Derby, actually comes from H.P. Lovecraft's: The Thing on the Doorstep... which I highly recommend reading.

And she did just what I said.... :0.0:

Edited by Just Jim

Ah. I was thrown off by the alternate spelling, e instead of a.

16 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

In many ways the Kraken/Carlenna... and all her other names... is both an equal, and a counterpart, to the Kraken Lord himself... his "mate"... which he hates. But I think I implied somewhere he needs her.... as much as he's grown to despise her... in order to start a new Kraken Empire. So like it or not, he has to treat her as an equal... more or less.

I love how, millions of years and untold layers of infospace away, they still have annoying girlfriends. Anytime there is death and destruction and the end of worlds, tenuous romantic relationships are there too.

(plus)

On 6/27/2017 at 6:58 PM, Just Jim said:

"Asanath... Kraken!!!"

15 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

In many ways the Kraken/Carlenna... and all her other names...

So it would appear that Krakens are seen to take on the names of their hosts, at least in the eyes of those who know what they are (the Professor and the author). Is this a cultural thing, or does it hint at some deeper connection between Kraken and human? Most likely they just never got the chance to sit down and say, "By the way, I'd like to be called αγάπηχειροτεχνία".

(I'll give you 24 hours to figure out why I picked that particular string of mumbo-jumbo.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.