amarius1

[1.2.2][Kopernicus]Kerbol Origins v.0.4.6.5 - swirling shadows!

255 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Shnezzberry said:

So, is this compatible with OPM? 

It should. It has no reason to not be. Altrough the solar system might get cluttered. Also, the packs have two different styles that don't blend well. 

Yes, they are compatible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2016 at 4:15 PM, Shnezzberry said:

So, is this compatible with OPM? 

It should. It has no reason to not be. Altrough the solar system might get cluttered. Also, the packs have two different styles that don't blend well. 

Yes, they are compatible.

Added SpaceDock.info intergration everybody! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Everybody the mod is not abandoned but my main computer I used to develop has an OS problem that makes it hard to use and it takes some time to fix it. Until I get my things together the mod will be mentained by Olympic1 and TheWhiteGuardian and they will still finish their main tasks until I get back on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, amarius1 said:

@Everybody the mod is not abandoned but my main computer I used to develop has an OS problem that makes it hard to use and it takes some time to fix it. Until I get my things together the mod will be mentained by Olympic1 and TheWhiteGuardian and they will still finish their main tasks until I get back on board.

Aye, sorry to hear that your computer is having issues. Something you should know though, I've gotten the hang of custom surface textures, should I add some to K.O?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Aye, sorry to hear that your computer is having issues. Something you should know though, I've gotten the hang of custom surface textures, should I add some to K.O?

Maybe. But don't add any to the Sarvin system as I've allready added some custom tex for those moons. The custom ground tex needs to be inside the "Materials>PluginData" folder so it can be loaded in On-Demand to save more mommory.

Also, send me pics as soon as you think you got one planet's surface textures looking good!

Edited by amarius1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, amarius1 said:

Maybe. But don't add any to the Sarvin system as I've allready added some custom tex for those moons. The custom ground tex needs to be inside the "Materials>PluginData" folder so it can be loaded in On-Demand to save more mommory

No, they do not. I've tried numerous times, but loading textures inside a PluginData folder does not work. I've even asked fellow modder @CaptRobau, and he said he hadn't been able to get custom textures to work from PluginData either, so so far I've been placing them in a folder named 'Textures' in the mods I'm making, along with eventual water and ring textures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2016 at 11:20 PM, The White Guardian said:

No, they do not. I've tried numerous times, but loading textures inside a PluginData folder does not work. I've even asked fellow modder @CaptRobau, and he said he hadn't been able to get custom textures to work from PluginData either, so so far I've been placing them in a folder named 'Textures' in the mods I'm making, along with eventual water and ring textures.

I meant ground textures... you need to also specify extension in cfgs. Dude, just look in our Dropbox development folder with latest stable build I finished. Ground textures for Sarvin's all moons are loaded from KerbolOrigins\Materials\PluginData with an extension and they work fine... Dunno what CaptRobau told you... but in the past that was indeed not supported I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally found the proper thread!

Clarifying: EVE, Planetshine, Scatterer, DOE, etc. are NOT yet wofking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Andem said:

Finally found the proper thread!

Clarifying: EVE, Planetshine, Scatterer, DOE, etc. are NOT yet wofking?

I'm working on E.V.E, PlanetShine and DOE, as for scatterer, don't know how that works.

EVE is not cooperating though, that one may take a while.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@amarius1 How did you get that Imgur album on SpaceDock? I can't seem to get mine on my SpaceDock mod...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@amarius1 How did you get that Imgur album on SpaceDock? I can't seem to get mine on my SpaceDock mod...

do [[album link]]

 

It also works on youtube videos...

11 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

I'm working on E.V.E, PlanetShine and DOE, as for scatterer, don't know how that works.

EVE is not cooperating though, that one may take a while.

No problem! Take your time! I'm right now working on last bits like totally fleshing out the Keelon system and adding some... easter eggs on the planets. Re-ading the Magic Boulder might be a really hard task, trough... Dunno how to do it :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, amarius1 said:

Re-ading the Magic Boulder might be a really hard task, trough... Dunno how to do it :(

I don't even know if it's possible at all.Try asking on the main Kopernicus thread, perhaps someone there knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

I don't even know if it's possible at all.Try asking on the main Kopernicus thread, perhaps someone there knows.

Already asked. They don't know wither as noone has ever tried. My idea would be to create a custom part with orbits disabled, that doesn't appear in editors but is by default placed around Ike in polar orbit like the Magic Boulder.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After I got the mod, I can't open resume saved. ;.; 

Please help.

EDIT: Day 18: Screw it, i'm trying again.

Edited by Fredbear12returns
idk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@The White Guardian

Is EVE being stubborn with Keelon or Fonso? On yhe K+ Remade thread I said thst Fonso doesn't neccecarily need one because the atmo is so thin. Just a thought, up to you if you want to do that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Andem said:

@The White Guardian

Is EVE being stubborn with Keelon or Fonso? On yhe K+ Remade thread I said thst Fonso doesn't neccecarily need one because the atmo is so thin. Just a thought, up to you if you want to do that...

Keelon mostly, I don't know why, but EVE seems to hate the planet for some reason. As for Fonso, I plan on giving it a cloudy atmosphere of low-density gases.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Andem said:

@The White Guardian

Is EVE being stubborn with Keelon or Fonso? On yhe K+ Remade thread I said thst Fonso doesn't neccecarily need one because the atmo is so thin. Just a thought, up to you if you want to do that...

Thin atmo on Fonso is a deprecated feature that remained since Kerbol Plus days. It is supposed to be thicker like Titan's. I'm right now working on it and also checking Sarvin's atmo. 

The major features of the next update are close to being finished so expect the update coming slightly after KSP 1.1 releases! Who knows... it might even be the first planet pack to be updated to 1.1 ;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sneak peek time everyone! I've been working hard since I've finally switched on a 64bit OS and I've made quite a few improvements that you'll all certainly like in the next version fo KO. But for now, have a pic of the remade Manai!

 

TBnGpU0.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Compatible with OPM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2016 at 6:09 AM, Table said:

Compatible with OPM?

Yes. But you might want to tweak the planet orbits to be sure they aren't too close to Sarnus, Urlum or Neidon. Use HyperEdit.

Edited by amarius1
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2016 at 1:18 AM, amarius1 said:

Sneak peek time everyone! I've been working hard since I've finally switched on a 64bit OS and I've made quite a few improvements that you'll all certainly like in the next version fo KO. But for now, have a pic of the remade Manai!

 

TBnGpU0.png

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2016 at 2:38 AM, ProtoJeb21 said:

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

And I've just finished the celestial bodies for the next update... All we have left is compatibility and... who knows ;) Maybe I'll stick my fingers into stock planets to repair terrain bugs too...

Edited by amarius1
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody has a suggestion of how to get an encounter with Keelon System? I've done my math and failed... then got Kerbal Alarm Clock to calculated for me and trying to get the close encounter has been futile at the moment... Don't understand why I am struggling so much with this system given I've placed two proves on Sarvin... will... one around Sarvin and the second one crashed against it due to poor calculations and running out of fuel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fonso looks too much like laythe honestly, I always thought it would look very yellowish and hazy. Or even Green perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2016 at 0:19 PM, daniel l. said:

Fonso looks too much like laythe honestly, I always thought it would look very yellowish and hazy. Or even Green perhaps.

Well I've talked with [redacted] and he said that Fonso would have some inspiration from Titan. Haze is planned but TheWhiteGuardian is having issues with it so it will come, just maybe after the release of 0.3. It will also have some more interesting changes in the next update, like more rugged and realistic mountains, better atmosphere, custom ground textures that give it an entirely new look from existing stuff, and custom ground scatter (semi-working. may or may not make it into 0.3). The update will come shortly after 1.1's official release, after I finally successfully test my current 0.3 work on the new system. Cheers :D  

Does anybody has a suggestion of how to get an encounter with Keelon System? I've done my math and failed... then got Kerbal Alarm Clock to calculated for me and trying to get the close encounter has been futile at the moment... Don't understand why I am struggling so much with this system given I've placed two proves on Sarvin... will... one around Sarvin and the second one crashed against it due to poor calculations and running out of fuel.

Along with Corolet, Keelon is designed to be more of an "endgame" planet where you have to develop entirely new tactics in order to explore it properly. It's interesting orbit makes part of the challenge.

 

Also, maybe try MechJeb's rendezvous autopilot (will get you there with any cost) Oh, you can also pull out the exact orbital paramiters straight from KerbolOrigins\KeelonSystem\Keelon\Keelon.cfg [search under the "Orbit" node]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now