[1.8.1+][Kopernicus]Kerbol Origins v.0.4.9 - Development Stalled Indefinitely

amarius1

10 hours ago, amarius1 said:

Well we just have to wait for Kopernicus to update. Please don't pester the developer to update it. He will make it available as soon as possible! 

BTW: I also forgot to update auto update off so.. yeah I can't make any changes to the mod until Kopernicus updates : )

Haha well I'm not the only one xD

As kopernicus is now updated I will have some fun with this tonight! I also have OPM installed so I will need to do some hyperedit shenanigans to make everything work.

Edited by nsgallup

Hmm, so what seems to be the easiest way to transfer to Harvest? A Hohman transfer doesn't exactly work.

Edit: Derp, just messing with the maneuver node to exit kerbin SOI makes a encounter very easy

Edited by nsgallup

16 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Good thing I did turn off auto-update then.

I might as well go ahead and drop the bomb - EVE and scatterer support are inbound. They should be ready soon.

Oh this is just greeeeat! BTW take a look at the latest update: Sarvin's tex was entirelly changed.

Edited by amarius1

I've done some missions to Harvest and have noticed that the entire planet is a single biome, Plains. When I use the debug menu I can see other biomes, but with kerb net and with boots on the ground I only get plains. Also on Nyke I found that after landing and then doing an EVA the game thinks your kerbal is on the ground for science purposes even when flying around with the eva backpack, allowing me to take surface samples while zooming through the sky.

Edited by nsgallup

12 hours ago, nsgallup said:

I've done some missions to Harvest and have noticed that the entire planet is a single biome, Plains. When I use the debug menu I can see other biomes, but with kerb net and with boots on the ground I only get plains. Also on Nyke I found that after landing and then doing an EVA the game thinks your kerbal is on the ground for science purposes even when flying around with the eva backpack, allowing me to take surface samples while zooming through the sky.

Thank you a lot for playing! As for the biome.. I don't know what's happening. You should still get science from it... Sorry for the inconvenience. I promise the issues will be shortly solved.

6 hours ago, symmeclept said:

What is the mass and gravity of Rega? It has to be massive, good god! This pack looks awesome. I'll have to make a new install for it, but it looks like fun!

Thanks! Well, just by looking into the files, gravity is 0.14 (1 is Kerbin). Dunno about the mass but the whole dwarf planet is supposed to be composed mostly of iron, the remains of a failed planet nucleus.

2 hours ago, DGP said:

I need help Fonzo has only vertical lines for terrain on start screen and in game one side is shining but all other planets and moons are rendered fine.? How can I fix this?

Uuh... you might want to upload some screens of that. Could you also provide some logfiles?

3 hours ago, DGP said:

I need help Fonzo has only vertical lines for terrain on start screen and in game one side is shining but all other planets and moons are rendered fine.? How can I fix this?

That's strange... Really really strange. As my fellow developer reccomended, please share some pictures of the phenomon happening, along with some log files. Before trying next time, delete the Fonso.bin file in KerbolOrigins/cache

8 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Does this mod add on to the stock solar system, or complete change it?

It just adds new things. Doesn't change anything existent except Eeloo's orbit.

3 hours ago, nsgallup said:

Looks like Rega also only has one biome

Welp dunno how to fix that... I'll look into it and it should be fixed for the next update!

3 hours ago, nsgallup said:

Great! Might this update include the scatterer support?

Hmm... yeah, I could do that.

However, @amarius1 I may have underestimated the amount of work this was going to be, and considering I have a week of hell coming up starting Wednesday, I doubt I'll have much time to work on it. Thus the update may take over a week to arrive. Trust me when I say it'll be worth it though.

2 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

With Eeloo's new orbit, does it increase how much deltaV is needed? I just need to know for future reference, as to the fact I still can't survive the Mun :(....

Eeloo is in a more distant orbit, so it takes more delta V to get there

12 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Hmm... yeah, I could do that.

However, @amarius1 I may have underestimated the amount of work this was going to be, and considering I have a week of hell coming up starting Wednesday, I doubt I'll have much time to work on it. Thus the update may take over a week to arrive. Trust me when I say it'll be worth it though.

It's alright. I'm also going trough a week of hell so no working on it on my side too! I guess the biome bug is acceptable, right?

Edited by amarius1

6 hours ago, amarius1 said:

It's alright. I'm also going trough a week of hell so no working on it on my side too! I guess the biome bug is acceptable, right?

It poses no gameplay threat. However, I strictly advise everyone to NOT do science on Rega, or otherwise, delete the results. I've discovered a problem with it's biomes that requires me to alter the map, thus existing biomes may change. I am not sure how this will affect already made results, so just to be safe, don't go to Rega.

I just scanned rega with scansat, but I did do science on Nyke and Harvest so I guess I'll find out if that causes me problems. If you haven't already considered this I advise doing a pass on all of the bodies in this mod to see if their biomes are working as intended. I could check later today too if you want.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.