Saitek X55 Rhino axis management issues in KSP

I have been using a Saitek X55 Rhino HOTAS for the past ~6 months.  In KSP version 1.0.1 and earlier, there were no issues with this HOTAS.  I didn't play versions 1.0.2 and 1.0.3, so I don't know if the problem was present in either of those versions.  However, since 1.0.4, the game sees the x and y axes of the joystick portion of the HOTAS as the same axes of the throttle portion of the HOTAS.  This has made the game unplayable for this HOTAS as full throttle will apply both full pitch and full yaw/roll in a direction depending on whether the y axis of the joystick is set as yaw or roll.  Will this ever be fixed?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just so you know.

KSP v1.1.2 fixed this issue, X55 Rhino is seen as this now :

INPUT_DEVICES
{
	Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick = 1
	Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle = 0
}

Instead of "Saitek Pro Flight X-55 R." for both Stick and Throttle.

So X55 should work with KSP now. :wink: 

Thanks for the headsup... actual I reported that bug during the pre-testing so im very happy to hear the joystick now work  ;-)

- It is was as descriped an axis problem where the two joysticks ( trust and power joystick ) shared the same axis, and then funny things would happen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.