Exploring Sarnus and its moons in the OPM Mod

baconfortress

So I finished the KSP side of this mission quite some time ago, and have even released the first two videos. With the third video releasing in the next week or so, I figured I would share the journey so far on these forums, as I've gotten amazing feedback from this community.

The first is a summary of involved craft and the departure for Sarnus (and eventually Slate) orbit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZciIZzx1vM

The second is landing on tekto and slate, and the establishment of a lunar mining operation on slate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEvziceJXMM

The third, soon to be released will explore eeloo, hale and ovok

Hope you guys enjoy! I always appreciate feedback and sharing!

Edited by baconfortress
fiddling with links

Very interesting.  I'm currently mucking about in the Sarnus system myself, just now getting the initial flotilla of probes in place.  My major focus is Tekto because airplanes and boats :).  But I need a refueling stop for interplanetary ships and was hoping to use Eeloo.  Slate and Tekto seem a bit on the unremunerative side for that.

I found tekto frustrating initially, its atmosphere is thick and the gravity is nill, which creates weird situations for craft. I suppose it would have been easier with visibility, was terrifying landing it with those clouds. I set up in orbit around slate, and have to admit I probably would have been better off at eeloo. It all worked out in the end, I always leave a fair margin of error in my ships (some would call it overdesign lol)

22 hours ago, baconfortress said:

I found tekto frustrating initially, its atmosphere is thick and the gravity is nill, which creates weird situations for craft. I suppose it would have been easier with visibility, was terrifying landing it with those clouds. I set up in orbit around slate, and have to admit I probably would have been better off at eeloo. It all worked out in the end, I always leave a fair margin of error in my ships (some would call it overdesign lol)

I don't use EVE due to RAM issues so for me, Tekto's skies are clear but there's a weird green glow on everything.  I don't use Planetshine either so the glow must be a natural part of Tekto.  Anyway, which clear skies, it's no problem flying airplanes and you can see all the interesting terrain and stunning vistas.  I discovered during my testing that you can get Mach effects on Tekto at 130m/s at 6km altitude ;).

I'm thinking of doing an Elcano on Slate but otherwise don't have any use for the place.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.