So, what did you get?

UnionPacific1983WP

What did you get for christmas?

I got:

• Lots of candy, as usual
  • Star Wars box (like a storage box)
  • Two issues of Trains Magazine (because that's how I roll)
  • Corsair Gaming H2100 wireless headset (still charging)
  • And the best thing: A NIKON COOLPIX L340!

What did you get for christmas?

NOTE: Do not brag about what you got, it'll only make others feel bad for themselves that they didn't get what you got.

I got a pen/lighter (funny, because I don't smoke) that looks like a big-ass bullet. But that's only for Christmas, because where I live people don't really celebrate Christmas, we celebrate New Year, and so I still have a week of waiting in front of me.

Edited by DestinyPlayer

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
My little sister gave me the official KSP T-Shirt!!! 
The one with Jeb or whoever it's supposed to be floating out in space   :sticktongue:

I also got a -shirt from my best friends that says "Back in my day we had 9 planets"  hehehe

And my daughter and her boyfriend bought me a Tardis tea cup that I will break in later watching the Dr. Who Christmas special....

This was a good year!

Edited by Just Jim

I got this Lego set. It's a pretty nice set and enjoyable enough build.

lego_60093_prod_pri_744.jpg

And some money. Which is good, because in the back of the build instructions I saw an advert for this set and was immediately like "OMG I WANT THAT"  :D

60080_prod_pri_744.jpg

Oh, and headphones, but I had those a few weeks ago because my old set broke. And chocolate of course.

Edited by cantab

I got a Millenium Falcon drone: http://imgur.com/eOPG0lQ

I also got an ushanka with a Red Army pin, some cheap candy, a coffee mug that looks like Darth Vader's head, some cheap candy (including one of those Hershey's Kisses that are as big as my fist), various other stocking stuffers, and (best of all) an electric razor! *forced smile*

I had a pretty good haul this year, even if it's never going to get cold enough down here to wear my ushanka (seriously, it's 6pm down here and it's 72 degrees outside. Only in Alabama, folks), and I didn't get the rifle I was asking for. Oh well, I suppose I should be grateful for what I did get, and I am.

6 hours ago, Just Jim said:

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
My little sister gave me the official KSP T-Shirt!!! 
The one with Jeb or whoever it's supposed to be floating out in space   :sticktongue:

I also got a -shirt from my best friends that says "Back in my day we had 9 planets"  hehehe

And my daughter and her boyfriend bought me a Tardis tea cup that I will break in later watching the Dr. Who Christmas special....

This was a good year!

I have that "Back in my day" shirt, since I was six when they demoted Pluto, what color is your shirt? Mine's black.

45 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

I have that "Back in my day" shirt, since I was six when they demoted Pluto, what color is your shirt? Mine's black.

Where can I find one of these shirts? I guess since I was alive when they demoted Pluto, I can wear it, even if I was only a kid. I forget, was it in 2006 or 2008 when they kicked Pluto?

I got... an XBox One with Gears of War ultimate edition.... 2 controllers...
(me and my brother (i have 2 bro's) shared the Xbox One.)

A gerber little knife, a desert MARPAT camelback/daypack. a ShengShou Megaminx, a summit knife sharpener, flint and steel, a tactical LED(250L) Flashlight.. A CamKix phone camera lens kit. uhh, a USB/wall adapter for my phone, a few t-shirts and some socks, An Alps Mountaineering "Lynx 1" tent. (a one person tent for camping/hiking.)

Uhh, a "48 1080P "smart TV" *not that smart* (me entire family shares it but its in the game room, including my 2 brothers)
Oh and Ori and The Blind Forest.

I think that's it, yeah.

Merry Christmas All!

Edited by Kozak

I got a new pair of binoculars to replace the one's had been broken. (Annoyingly, the cost to repair was more than buying a new pair, and I really liked those ones. They were an 18th birthday present.) The new ones are a bit more fancy, with waterproofing. 

I also got an external drive,  which should be good - I've got a bunch of things I need to back up. 

Also, a crafty thing with pens that draw in plastic, which later solidifies so you can make 3d things, plus various books and chocolates. 

12 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I got a Millenium Falcon drone: http://imgur.com/eOPG0lQ

That's very cool. I got an electric shaver for Christmas once. But it's a good one, and was worth being a Christmas present. Though now, unless I haven't shaved for a few days, I prefer a razor. 

13 hours ago, cantab said:

I got this Lego set. It's a pretty nice set and enjoyable enough build.

Looks like a good set. 

Edited by Tw1

I got an LED flashlight which lights at the usual place (an end) as well as from its side; the other end is magnetic.  I also got a book that looks like it will be good to read.  Also I got assorted dark chocolates and some jelly beans.

The gifts I gave are several science fiction and action/ adventure books.  Also I gifted RealMyst, Torchlight II and Stronghold III via Steam.  I also gifted KSP to a coworker.

I got an airsoft gun! I also got a new iPad mini without a cracked screen unlike my old one, I got a Lego Ferrari F40, can't import picture since I can't paste into the box on my new iPad, I got a Xbox one with Forza 6 and Halo 5, and I also got $90 (USD). I got new slippers, a new Sherpa jacket, new gaming mouse, and a bit of candy.

I'm not bragging! I just have lots of relatives!

I also got a $20 Steam card (after I made my first post here). With it, I bought Total War: Shogun 2 (I'm getting addicted to RTS), Medieval II: Kingdoms DLC, Silent Hunter 4, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, and a copy of Bad Rats for my friend (Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal).

I sure do love Steam sales!

13 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Where can I find one of these shirts? I guess since I was alive when they demoted Pluto, I can wear it, even if I was only a kid. I forget, was it in 2006 or 2008 when they kicked Pluto?

I found it in goodwill, but here's a link to one: http://www.tshirthub.com/bainmydayweh.html?yswp=0#.Vn7TZFLMJnA

Which looks better than mine: http://images.signals.com/graphics/products/regular/VM2051.jpg

By the way, it was 2006 when they demoted Pluto. :)

23 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

I found it in goodwill, but here's a link to one: http://www.tshirthub.com/bainmydayweh.html?yswp=0#.Vn7TZFLMJnA

Which looks better than mine: http://images.signals.com/graphics/products/regular/VM2051.jpg

By the way, it was 2006 when they demoted Pluto. :)

Alright, thanks! To be honest, I think yours looks better.

20 hours ago, cantab said:

And some money. Which is good, because in the back of the build instructions I saw an advert for this set and was immediately like "OMG I WANT THAT"  :D

60080_prod_pri_744.jpg

I got that kit for Christmas myself, and it was an absolute joy to build. Except. There's this little cup piece on the bottom of the shuttle. There's a ball tip on the external tank. It's supposed to sit in the cup. Make sure you don't put the cup piece in backwards, like I did. It's one of the first pieces, and it sits between the two frame pieces. I had to take the entire thing apart to step two to flip it around. :sticktongue:

Well, for my Christmas, I got the set mentioned above, some very fuzzy pajamas, a lanyard and keyring coin for my new set of car keys (I got a handmedown minivan a while back from my mom) some driving gloves, a battery pack that you charge up and then use to charge other devices (like phones), a USB light, three light jackets, roller blades, a compact camera tripod, The Thing Explainer :D , a 3D printed stargazing Jebediah Kerman! :D:D (both of the last two mentioned gifts came from my awesome girlfriend Lydia, shoutout to her!), aftershave (which is weird), and finally, a gift I won't actually receive until mid to late january, a budget 4k action camera. Some of these came from close family, but I also have a pretty large extended family, I have 10 cousins, 4 sets of aunt/uncles, and that's only on my moms side. My dad's side is 1000 miles away, but my grandma on his side sends me a bit of money so I can get a gift for me. (the roller blades)

Oh oh oh! I almost forgot! I also got the Boob Cube! Which brings my standard cube collection to: 1x1x1, 1x1x2, 2x2x2, 2x2x3, 3x3x3, 4x4x4, and 5x5x5. :D 

Edited by Endersmens

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.