Werhner Von Kerman's mission log (1951-1962) - A RSS/RO/RP-0 adventure. (07-01-2017)

ZaPPPa

1959 part 2 added. I thought this would be a small addendum to part 1, but then I got an idea and four pages later, we have a whole new storyline :).. Jeb's bad-ass trait makes an appearance.

Also, for people who check the Imgur album, I upload new pictures with every chapter.

5 hours ago, ZaPPPa said:

1959 part 2 added. I thought this would be a small addendum to part 1, but then I got an idea and four pages later, we have a whole new storyline :).. Jeb's bad-ass trait makes an appearance.

Also, for people who check the Imgur album, I upload new pictures with every chapter.

I really like this story and this installment was the best yet.  Keep it up :)

1960 part 1 us up.

This is a treatise on advanced rocket design intending to help you squeeze every last meter per second of deltaV out of your rocket designs. In a true space-race you want to be able to go as far as possible with the technology level you have available. This document should help you walk through the design process step-by-step for an early 1960's rocket. These steps should apply to any rocket design and I hope you'll learn some new tricks. I sure did while researching and testing this.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask

Edited by ZaPPPa

1 hour ago, ZaPPPa said:

This is a treatise on advanced rocket design intending to help you squeeze every last meter per second of deltaV out of your rocket designs. In a true space-race you want to be able to go as far as possible with the technology level you have available. This document should help you walk through the design process step-by-step for an early 1960's rocket. These steps should apply to any rocket design and I hope you'll learn some new tricks. I sure did while researching and testing this.

I believe that you can never learn too much about something that matters to you, and I learned a few tricks from this even at my relatively advanced age.  Thanks.

Good story and good lernin'! what else could you ask for from a series?

I may balk at the prospect of a full RSS/RO career, but I have been applying some of your sciencey thinking to my seat-of-the-pants design principals for my own 64k missions.

22 hours ago, Dman979 said:

This series has been so informative. I'm sorry that more people aren't reading this, because I'm really enjoying it.

Yeah, I wanted to do something different from many of the other reports and figured it wasn't going to be for everybody :). Doing a story in 1st person limits the kind of pictures you can take and show and what you can describe, but it also shows a unique perspective.

A short update of 1961 is up... Things are about to be.... different.

I also consolidated a bunch of document that covered part of a year into a bigger document that covers the entire year. This is meant to make it a little easier to keep track of. I noticed some people were reading the documents while I was doing this, so I hope I did not confuse anyone. 

Edited by ZaPPPa

Added new chapters to 1961

I decided to no longer break updates into separate documents, but, for the sake of flow, to add new chapters to existing documents. The whole story will be broken up by game-year from now on.

2 hours ago, ZaPPPa said:

It is always darkest before the dawn. Might get a little darker still though.

I like dark.  Is the Wernher in this universe similar to ours, with a questionable past that could catch up with him if the government currently sheltering him withdraws its protection?

Edited by Geschosskopf

This is a completely parallel universe. Wernher was born in the city of "Kerman", hence his last name being Kerman. I think this is described in the log from 1951 or 1952 or so, but there has been no world war, or even diplomatic contact between the east and the west.

22 hours ago, ZaPPPa said:

This is a completely parallel universe. Wernher was born in the city of "Kerman", hence his last name being Kerman. I think this is described in the log from 1951 or 1952 or so, but there has been no world war, or even diplomatic contact between the east and the west.

You did, but I was thinking he might have had some other type of questionable past.  But anyway, it's always darkest (and coldest) before the dawn so naturally things must get worse before they get better.  I believe this is the only truly predictable thing in the universe :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.