Kerbin ´´Space Ring´´ Chalenge

Do you know Halo ? there is a station that is called RimWorld and it is station around whole Moon or something like that. H2-Delta_Halo_Exterior_1600.jpg

I wil try to do that in ksp :3 EZ :D

Only one mod that adds a station hubs and parts 

But around Kerbin and it will be smaller in diameter and it will be round

13 minutes ago, prorokbmx said:

Do you know Halo ? there is a station that is called RimWorld and it is station around whole Moon or something like that. I wil try to do that in ksp :3 EZ :D

Only one mod that adds a station hubs and parts 

But around Kerbin and it will be smaller in diameter and it will be round

Halo? Never heard of it, I've been living on the moon, in a cave, under a rock, with my fingers in my ears.

RimWorld is an indie game about building a settlement on an alien planet.

The Ring station in Halo is actually called...Halo believe it or not.

On a side note, how many of these absurd challenges are you going to create? I'm beginning to wonder if you are serious or not?

Perhaps you should read this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/22919-challenge-submission-guide/

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

7 minutes ago, prorokbmx said:

I know It was Ring World Google it and it will show you that station :) and it is really hard bcs of gravity and round planet so it could be a square or mayba ring and last thing it will be really hard to complete the whole ring i mean connect it 

The "Halo Rings" in Halo are indeed technically "Ring Worlds" http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_Array

Wait...are you implying your station is going to encircle the entire planet? Now I know your crazy lol. :confused:

(Btw, the Halos in Halo don't encircle planets or even moons, they just orbit nearby.)

NO ? and Yes iam maybe crazy :D

I dont know halo much it only wanted to show what i will be doing -_- 

Doh i just realized that i have so slow computer to run all those parts :D so i give up i have Docked only 4 modules and it is laggind like a -----

Sorry but it would be great :D

5 minutes ago, prorokbmx said:

NO ? and Yes iam maybe crazy :D

I dont know halo much it only wanted to show what i will be doing -_- 

Apologies, I don't mean to rain on your parade or nitpick, I was confused by how you worded it.

I like your moxie lol, keep shooting for the stars, nothing wrong with dreaming big, best of luck!

:)

Even IF this was supposed to be a serious challenge it is simply NOT POSSIBLE ! ! !

First of all a station that big will take a ludicrous part count. I seriously doubt any customer PC can manage.
Secondly KSP has a physics range of IIRC 2,3 km. Objects can physically not be bigger than that. KSP's smallest body Gilly has a 26 km diameter. Unless maths have changes since I left school that's more than 10 times KSP's physics range.
And thirdly besides the physics limitations there is a real life issue, which is also relevant to KSP, that makes ring stations like this impossible. The combined centre of gravity would be in the centre of the ring. The centre of the ring has to be at, or at least be very close to the centre of the body you're orbiting. Making it not orbit the body but drift away.

Edited by Tex_NL

*Most* importantly, this is not a "challenge". It's just a declaration of whatever impossible thing you are going to try to do.

A challenge is something that you want to encourage others to try to do. It should have proof to suggest that it is indeed possible, rules, possibly a leaderboard.

A challenge is a game, not "hey everybody, look at what I'm doing".

Best,

-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.