Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

Just wanted to say thanks for this mod, I normally only make ssto's and not much else with the SPH, so never tried this before. However gave it a try the last few days, really enjoying it. Fun to make various planes required. :) 

On 29.10.2016 at 6:24 PM, inigma said:

remove all mods except Squad, Contract Configurator, and Contract Packs. Then do a force contract generation through the cheat menu.

Still no "unlocked control surfaces" even though I have it in my tech tree, and I cannot get past the first SSI contract.

• 2 weeks later...

a request... 

can you remove the requirement for the "first glider" contract to have a "command seat" it is too much of a pain in the ass to spawn a Kerbal in a rover and drive him off the runway.  then make a glider that now needs a probe core because it cant launch "unmanned".  then walk the Kerbal over and mount the command seat and begin the flight.  after doing all this there is no reason to actually put a Kerbal in the seat.  just fly the thing with the probe core.   it is just too much hassle to do this contract as expected.

2 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

a request... 

can you remove the requirement for the "first glider" contract to have a "command seat" it is too much of a pain in the ass to spawn a Kerbal in a rover and drive him off the runway.  then make a glider that now needs a probe core because it cant launch "unmanned".  then walk the Kerbal over and mount the command seat and begin the flight.  after doing all this there is no reason to actually put a Kerbal in the seat.  just fly the thing with the probe core.   it is just too much hassle to do this contract as expected.

Since Take Command is not updated to 1.2.1 i suggest using Walkabout:

To make this contract more sensible (N.B. Take Command is on the highly recommended list for GAP).

yes but "take command" is not updated to 1.2.1 and "walkabout" does not work for me either, it crashes every time I try to use it.  and on top of this it is easier to spawn a rover, as walking the Kerbal all the way out to the runway end is even more painful.

best solution is to remove the need for the seat. and then add a conditional that will add it back in if "Take Command" is installed. then when it is fixed the contract will require the seat.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

On 11/8/2016 at 11:41 AM, SH42913 said:

Hello, comrads.
How can i solve this trouble?

Reveal hidden contents

JeYcR9h.png

grSbepn.png

I tried to delete requirements from config, but it didn't help.
Or without FAR it don't work?

Hmm... this may require some investigation on my part. I may have to raise a github enhancement request on this.

On 11/12/2016 at 6:50 PM, Torih said:

Just wanted to say thanks for this mod, I normally only make ssto's and not much else with the SPH, so never tried this before. However gave it a try the last few days, really enjoying it. Fun to make various planes required. :) 

You're welcome! I enjoyed making it, and I even more enjoy playing it!

On 11/15/2016 at 1:53 PM, SkyKaptn said:

Still no "unlocked control surfaces" even though I have it in my tech tree, and I cannot get past the first SSI contract.

Hmm... this may require some investigation on my part. I may have to raise a github enhancement request on this.

5 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

a request... 

I understand the frustration. You can disable it yourself in the .cfg file and then cancel any existing contract for it and reload contracts using the Alt+F10 menu option.

I don't want to disable it for production because the point of GAP and specifically this first contract, is to force people to think outside the box. As one poster posted, you can use Walkabout and drive over. I know it's a pain, but it works.  What do I do? I spawn a simple rover, park it to the side of the runway, and then spawn my craft and board it.

well as long as we are on the topic of GAP.  I also had issues with the drop a Buoy.  for some reason it would never recognize the "thing" I made as a valid buoy.  basically all it needs is a barometer yes?  well and the obvious, power etc.

as for the glider I just made one with a cockpit and shoved a command chair on it just to complete the mission.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

Hi there, I have a quick question,

I've completed the SSI Member Services, however am unable to complete 'Wright-FirstFlight' as it is not visible. I've taken off and landed on the runway too (In a basic plane made from the SSI contracts), but still nothing. Is this a bug with the latest build?

another contract I am skeptical on taking. 

I am supposed to send a team to the island airfield and leave them there.  if I have TAC installed they will all end up dead...   what happens if I have them "near" the spots but in some sort of base type craft with life support?

5 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

another contract I am skeptical on taking. 

I am supposed to send a team to the island airfield and leave them there.  if I have TAC installed they will all end up dead...   what happens if I have them "near" the spots but in some sort of base type craft with life support?

IIRC, you only need to have them on required spots to fulfill contract requirements. Once those requirements are met, go to space center to confirm that contract is finished. Then you can return back to kerbals and put them in "base" craft there, if you are worried about them. Time difference between leaving them on the ground and returning to KSC shouldnot take more than 30 mitutes or up to hour in most worse scenarios. Kerbals should be able to be in EVA for that time without issues.

But take that with grain of salt, I haven't tested it in 1.2.1 career.

On 12/4/2016 at 9:27 AM, *MajorTom* said:

GAP 1.2.9 k-limbers (easy) bug again.....

then i approach to k-limber - hi jump away to sky to 4.8 km..... and look at k-ontrakt status....

ps: i use koperniсus and SVT if it mean something to terrain and so on

I'm having this same problem. does removing Kopernicus do anything? I don't have SVT, is anybody else having this happen?

Great pack, it really helps in the beginning of any career, but I have a question. Why do the contracts never go away? How come they are infinitely repeatable? I must have barnstormed Jeb's shed around 20 times now. It's great for getting lots of reputation, but I still want to know why they never dissapear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2016 at 10:27 AM, *MajorTom* said:

GAP 1.2.9 k-limbers (easy) bug again.....

then i approach to k-limber - hi jump away to sky to 4.8 km..... and look at k-ontrakt status....

ps: i use koperniсus and SVT if it mean something to terrain and so on

ff9c11b9dcce.png

I'm also having the exact same issue. Only contract so far that's caused issues, but both climbers fling themselves a kilometer into the air and fall to their deaths when you get close to them.

6 hours ago, Kardea said:

I'm also having the exact same issue. Only contract so far that's caused issues, but both climbers fling themselves a kilometer into the air and fall to their deaths when you get close to them.

I got similar issue with switching crafts on Mun. It seems to be related with terain detail level or other graphic settings. It was reported in support forum, hopefuly it will be fixed in one of next KSP patches.

15 hours ago, Kardea said:

Are you running Kopernicus as well?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this is a known issue or not, but in the Barnstorm contracts for the Island Hangers and the R&D center, doing one part automatically completes the second. 

Example: for the island hangers, if I fly thru #1, it counts as both #1 & #2 being flown through. 

Also, completed barnstorm contracts show back up in the available list - didn't know if this was on purpose or not, but seems kind of spammy and a cheap way to get rep.

@inigma sorry to add to the potential bug report chain that's going on here, as I really love this mod, but I've found the jump from a plane contract isn't completing. I'm not sure why, as it shows the parameters are met, but once the plane is recovered, it doesn't clear the contract.

sorry man, love this mod. hate to bring negative stuff up.

On 5/1/2017 at 1:11 PM, vardicd said:

@inigma sorry to add to the potential bug report chain that's going on here, as I really love this mod, but I've found the jump from a plane contract isn't completing. I'm not sure why, as it shows the parameters are met, but once the plane is recovered, it doesn't clear the contract.

sorry man, love this mod. hate to bring negative stuff up.

I've had similar issues but did it again and finally worked. There is something wrong in that mission, but not completely I guess...

Edited by Agustin

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:38 PM, Agustin said:

I've had similar issues but did it again and finally worked. There is something wrong in that mission, but not completely I guess...

After some testing, I think I've figured out the problem. if you jump a kerbal out of your plane, and the PLANE lands BEFORE the jumper hits the ground, the contract won't complete. every time I keep the plane in the air until the Kerbal lands, the contract will complete.

On a side note, @inigma I'm seeing an issue with instant completing contracts that require you to go multiple places in a certain area, for example the tour bus at KSC, once all the tourist are on the bus, the contract completes as if I had gone to all the locations, but I haven't moved. I'm also seeing this in @nightingale 's anomaly surveyor mod, so it's not specific to your mod, but I wanted to mention it, as apparently something's changed in KSP's backend that's causing these contracts to short-circuit, and I didn't know if you were aware of it.

17 hours ago, vardicd said:

After some testing, I think I've figured out the problem. if you jump a kerbal out of your plane, and the PLANE lands BEFORE the jumper hits the ground, the contract won't complete. every time I keep the plane in the air until the Kerbal lands, the contract will complete.

On a side note, @inigma I'm seeing an issue with instant completing contracts that require you to go multiple places in a certain area, for example the tour bus at KSC, once all the tourist are on the bus, the contract completes as if I had gone to all the locations, but I haven't moved. I'm also seeing this in @nightingale 's anomaly surveyor mod, so it's not specific to your mod, but I wanted to mention it, as apparently something's changed in KSP's backend that's causing these contracts to short-circuit, and I didn't know if you were aware of it.

I just noticed the latter too. The bus mission basically completes instantly, the waypoints show up as visited once you load the tourists and you only need to drive to the admin building (edit: scratch that, the final waypoint was completed as well, I misremembered). Weird, it wasn't a long ago that I did this mission repeatedly without problems (oh, except the tourists spawning 140 m up in the air and exploding sometimes, which I guess may be related to the climber bug also), but that might have been in 1.2.1. Could this be a Waypoint Manager thing then?

Edited by BureauJaeger
correction

9 hours ago, BureauJaeger said:

I just noticed the latter too. The bus mission basically completes instantly, the waypoints show up as visited once you load the tourists and you only need to drive to the admin building. Weird, it wasn't a long ago that I did this mission repeatedly without problems (oh, except the tourists spawning 140 m up in the air and exploding sometimes, which I guess may be related to the climber bug also), but that might have been in 1.2.1. Could this be a Waypoint Manager thing then?

I honestly don't know. I don't think waypoint manager really has any affect with this? Waypoint manager just adds markers and the ability to add your own markers, which is now also a stock function as well with Kerb net. I do know that when I did it, the tourists did fall out of the sky as I drove up to the place they were supposed to be at. So that bug is also there in 1.2.2.

Love these contracts, but am having problems with the buoys contract. It doesn't seem to recognize when I've reached the waypoint. I've even dropped the buoys and the are sitting right on the waypoints. Is there a height requirement? I've tried flying over the waypoint under 300m and over 300. I'm assuming the 5km zone requirement is the area in which the buoy has to land. And boy, you've no idea how hard it just was to spell buoy correctly five times.

Thanks for any help.

7 hours ago, Thetaobera said:

Love these contracts, but am having problems with the buoys contract. It doesn't seem to recognize when I've reached the waypoint. I've even dropped the buoys and the are sitting right on the waypoints. Is there a height requirement? I've tried flying over the waypoint under 300m and over 300. I'm assuming the 5km zone requirement is the area in which the buoy has to land. And boy, you've no idea how hard it just was to spell buoy correctly five times.

Thanks for any help.

YEEAAH BUOYYYY! :D I was having problems with this as well. One thing I noticed is that you have to stay in somewhat close proximity until the buoy has splashed down and even still I had to revert the mission a couple of times for the first buoy to get registered. I think I dropped them from 800 m with a parachute opening at 300 m or something like that, so I had to loiter for a bit before heading to the next one. There should be a popup message if the drop was successful. Also, are you using decouplers or docking ports for release, the latter seemed to work for me; I'm not sure if it matters but it was the only thing I changed in the buoys themselves between attempts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.