CHECK HERE FIRST - common suggestions.

Depends how things go really, stuff that's not asked all that often will be removed from the list as it's not a bother to see it suggested, stuff that becomes repetitive will end up here.

To be honest things have not be that bad for ages, the biggest repeated topic was multiplayer but now it has been announced we hardly see it.

1 minute ago, sal_vager said:

Yeah I'm sure I saw a really good one that looked like the Gemini capsule, but I can't remember the thread title.

FASA maybe? I know what you're talking about as I've seen a Gemini-like caspule in a stream once.

Actually, yeah, maybe the one I'm thinking of is FASA, not sure where NathanKells continuation thread is though.

Like I said, theres a couple mods out there with two man pods.

edit: Oh yeah, NovaPunch has a two-kerbal command pod, but it's a lander type pod rather than something more like Soyuz or Gemini.

Edited by smjjames

2 minutes ago, John FX said:

Isn`t multithreaded physics of a sort happening due to the U5 upgrade or have I misunderstood?

AFAIK multithreaded physics would not provide as much benefit as some would think anyway, including myself in the past.

Unless I'm wrong, physics calculations for a vessel are still single threaded, but if you have multiple vessels inside the physics bubble they'll each run in their own thread, or something along those lines.

I suspect that the biggest disappointment most players will have with 64 bit Unity 5 is that they'll now run out of real memory, instead of addressable memory.  :D

Multithreading is kinda out of Squads hands though, it's a Unity5 thing, though Unity4 also does multithreading what Unity 4 doesn't do is put physics objects into tasks and divvy them up amongst your cores.

Unity5, or more accurately PhysX3, does that.

Exactly how it ends up is something we have to wait for 1.1 to see though, but benchmarks from other games and tests look promising.

Is Delta V already planned?  Maxmaps mentioned it once on his private twitter and it never materialized.  I'd say it's about as reliable information as Gas Planet 2 at this point.

Also, if you are going to do mod links at all they need to be more broad.  Improved Graphics for example links to PlanetShine only?  No EVE, no RealPlume, no EngineLight, no Texture Replacer, no CollisionFX?  Just to warn you as to what you are in for Sal, it's going to be a bear to keep mod lists updated, are you sure you want to do that?  It might be easier for you to simply reference the CMPL

Edited by Alshain

From my recall It was also mentioned in a couple of DevNotes (with the same sounds like Shmetla-dee reference) to say it was being worked on for a post 1.0 release. Been trying to find the exact DevNotes and normally Google turns it up very quickly when I've searched for it but today its being evasive. 

Well, about clouds, Maxmaps said with all the letters in one Squadcast ( about 2/3 months ago, maybe? ) that that the devs were planning to add clouds to the game ... eventually, and only after the Unity 5 port ( and probably some other mem leak patching ). Not sure if that makes clouds confirmed or not, though ... :D

On 1/11/2016 at 1:32 PM, r_rolo1 said:

Well, about clouds, Maxmaps said with all the letters in one Squadcast ( about 2/3 months ago, maybe? ) that that the devs were planning to add clouds to the game ... eventually, and only after the Unity 5 port ( and probably some other mem leak patching ). Not sure if that makes clouds confirmed or not, though ... :D

He said they were planning a graphical overhaul sometime after 1.1 and referenced all the screenshots of modded versions.  I'm 100% positive that will include clouds, but I wouldn't call it confirmed.  There was no specific graphical effect mentioned.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.