Phoenix-Class Supersonic Aircraft (From The Asteroid Sentinels)

PHOENIX SUPERSONIC AIRCRAFT

Pemzciv.png              

First Craft of the Year! (Also my first aircraft released!)

This is the Phoenix Supersonic Aircraft, capable of reaching Mach 4.5 and transporting 8 passengers easily across the world. Need to reach the KSC 2 in just 15 minutes? This craft is for you! The design was inspired by the SR-72, a unmanned conceptual spy plane. 

(Featured on Spacecraft Fridays!)

It can reach a TWR of 1.03 on takeoff and flying up to 25 kilometers, and over 1350 M/s at top speed. I don't really recommend physics warp for this craft, though KJR may make the situation much better. 

Powered by two Panthers and double R.A.P.I.E.R engines, it can quickly reach its take off speed of 85 m/s. The design was featured in The Asteroid Sentinels, though slightly different. Ascent profiles should be around ~20 degree heading, so the Ramjets can get enough speed to start increasing thrust while gaining altitude. The plane contains only 82 parts, so practically all machines should be able to use this aircraft. 

DOWNLOAD

Action Groups:

1 Switches the Panther Engine modes.

2 Toggles the RAPIER engines.

Here's More Pictures!

Thanks for Reading, and I hope this aircraft will help you fly across Kerbin!

Edited by SaturnianBlue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.