how to go back to 0.90

Welcome to the forums!

57 minutes ago, TheNarwhalArmy said:

say i'm in the newest version of ksp is there a way to go back to version 0.90??

If you didn't save a copy, then basically, no, unless you can find someone with 0.90 sitting around.

Just out of curiosity, what's your reason for wanting to go back?

21 minutes ago, Snark said:

Welcome to the forums!

If you didn't save a copy, then basically, no, unless you can find someone with 0.90 sitting around.

Just out of curiosity, what's your reason for wanting to go back?

because i wanted to download the boat parts mod and its for kps 0.90 but i have the newest version of ksp. and i bought ksp on steam so i dont  think i can downgrade

Edited by TheNarwhalArmy
messed up spelling

14 hours ago, TheNarwhalArmy said:

because i wanted to download the boat parts mod and its for kps 0.90 but i have the newest version of ksp. and i bought ksp on steam so i dont  think i can downgrade

So, a few things:

• First, are you sure it only works in 0.90?  Even if it says 0.90, there's a good chance it might still work in 1.0.5; the only way to know is to try it and see. When a mod says it's for a KSP version X, that generally just means that's what the KSP version was when the author released it, and it hasn't been updated since.  It doesn't mean that somebody tested it on X+1 and it didn't work.  Heck, I'm running multiple mods that supposedly aren't for 1.0.5; they even yell at me when the game is starting up "this is incompatible with 1.0.5" ... but they run just fine.
  • Second, if you're interested in playing around in the water, the last thing you should do is get an older KSP version.  The latest version, 1.0.5, added "better water physics" as a major new feature.  The water is a much more interesting place now.  You can build seaplanes, or (with appropriate mods) submarines.  You can build floating craft that work very nicely, even with stock parts.

So I'd suggest sticking with 1.0.5, and if there's a mod you like that says "0.90", try using it and see if it works.

Edited by Snark

6 hours ago, AlextheBodacious said:

also I think they updated the maritime pack

As I recon the author did quit after the changes in buyoancy that came with 1.0.5. That means it should work well with 1.0.4.

Though I have to agree with Snark - stock sea-stuff feels real cool in this version. I even had great fun underwater - though I admit the vanilla ways to do it are either impractical or irrealistic. Full ore tanks work as ballast, though it would be painful to refill one for a second dive after you surface the first time. Engines can also push crafts underwater (like a reverse VTOL). That's pretty silly, but not as much as the fact it also works with airbreathing engines. ^_^

Edited by Evanitis

On 1/12/2016 at 7:39 AM, Evanitis said:

Though I have to agree with Snark - stock sea-stuff feels real cool in this version. I even had great fun underwater - though I admit the ways to do it are either impractical or irrealistic. Full ore tanks work as ballast, though it would be painful to refill one for a second dive after you surface the first time. Engines can also push crafts underwater - that's pretty silly, but not as much as the fact it also works with airbreathing engines. ^_^

And if you really want to do submarines, there are multiple mods out there to help with that, including pumpable ballast tanks.  A search for "submarine" on <defunct website> shows several promising candidates.  I haven't used any of them, so I can't provide personal recommendations. However, for example, I note that RoverDude did a submarine mod, and his stuff is generally pretty cool.  :)  (...it's why Squad hired him...)

Edited by Snark
Removed link to now-defunct mod hosting site that is now a malware site

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.