Need your own thread moved or locked? Post here.

Rich

Why was this thread closed?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88356-X37

The moderator cites "necroing", which is irrelevant in this sort of thread, and "conspiracy", of which there wasn't any. Speculation isn't conspiracy theory. It looks to me like an overzealous moderator.

Necroing isn't bad, as long as the poster has a legitimate question and is on-topic. It's much better than forcing users to start a new thread all over again, which would be redundant and just be a repeat of the older thread.

Now, if someone has a legitimate question or information about the X-37, they need to create a whole new thread and the entire argument about its purpose will be repeated.

Good Moderators:

On December 1, I posted a topic called "Dear KSP Forum..." on the General Discussions. The thread was a statement saying, in effect, that I would love for my YouTube channel to reach the 1,500-subscriber mark by Christmas. It included a link to my YouTube channel, but it did not showcase any individual videos. Thus, on the top of the thread, I wrote this in size-1 font:

Note to Moderators: This thread is not meant to showcase any particular video or stream, and thus is placed in General KSP. ...

Two days later, on the 3rd, the thread was moved to the Mission Control subforum, the description of which is this:

Do you create KSP videos or run KSP streams? Post them here!

As I wrote on the thread,

Alas.

I feared that this would eventually redirect to this subforum, where there are fewer viewers and commenters, and thus where this thread would not be of as much use.

I never wanted to post a KSP video or stream on this thread, and I tried my best to make that clear. I only included a channel link, and did not mention a single video I made by name, in stark contrast to every other thread posted on the 'Live from Mission Control!' subforum. My intent for this thread was a sort of public-service bulletin, to state that I would love to have a couple more subscribers. Putting this thread here means that it's more of a mismatch than it was before. General KSP is for all the threads "on topics that do not fit the forums below," which I think applies to this post.

Can someone either move this back to the General Discussions forum or send me a PM so that we can discuss this further?

That would be much appreciated. Thanks.