You Know You're A Nerd When:

cubinator

20 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

When you would rather play KSP than go to a theme park.

When you build a theme park in KSP with KerbalKonstructs and InfernalRobotics.

(Just to have a place to have a walk)

Edited by kerbiloid

when your social life has slipped down so far that I cant even talk to anyone without them attempting to trip me in the hallway, yell at me, call me mentally disabled, or even let ME HELP THEM, all because I only want to talk about space

<EVIL VOICE ON>

but my day shall come, and when it does, my revenge will be short and sweet

<EVIL VOICE OFF>

but I still think of nerd, weird, and such as compliments! so eh...

Edited by StupidAndy

When you giggled seeing any space movie and the first thing that pops up in your mind is "That's impossible according to astrophysics. KSP teached me so many things to ruin ever space movie ever"

when:

as i m very sensitive to surrounding noise and light and ...
i took the habit to remove my glass and/or close my eyes in many populated area, like metro, street, restaurant etc. mostly depending to what point i feel oppressed by a few surrunding stimuli (that's not agoraphobia, more a loud "um-comfort" from a various range of thing just floating in the air, let's just say some ondulatory phenomenom)

i even took the habit to do a few lunch eating task eyes closed, as time pass i m fairly comfy with a few basic thing now, like aiming most of the object on the table relatively quicly and without the need of searching them necessarly tactily mainly, so i introduced some long wait and extra whole body moving to reduce the "ram loc single move" aspect,  as noise/"some vibrations" are to me really often very annoyin', so today to reduce the noise nuisance will attempting to make my daily meal, i added one ear piece with mp3 music, and like usual closed my eyes for doing a few things while eating, at first with the ear piece left i miss aimed to the right eyes closed, then after a few try i readjusted, near the end of the lunch i removed the ear piece and music, and was aiming left wich i also re-corrected pretty quiclky.

interesting, tend to confirm some sort of sonar effect and 3d localisation just with the ears there a few others "experimental details" but well try it, interesting

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

• 3 weeks later...

When you'd rather be listening to high quality rips than what they're playing at prom.

Spoiler

W-W-W-WALNUTS PEANUTS PINEAPPLE SMELLS!

GRAPES MELONS ORANGES AND COCONUT GUNS! AW YEAH

I had to get that out of my system when I came home...

11 hours ago, cubinator said:

When you'd rather be listening to high quality rips than what they're playing at prom.

Reveal hidden contents

W-W-W-WALNUTS PEANUTS PINEAPPLE SMELLS!

GRAPES MELONS ORANGES AND COCONUT GUNS! AW YEAH

I had to get that out of my system when I came home...

sounds awful! how did you survive?