Alien Space Programs - Dev Thread

Whirligig Girl

Preview of what to expect soon:

It's pretty easy to get this to work, but I'll make a few zips for each pack that'll make this work.

EDIT: Eve.

There's also a Laythe fix which fixes Bin and does whatever minor changes Laythe has from Kerbin, but there's not a lot of differences there.

Edited by GregroxMun

Also, forgot to mention, 0.6 is released

Some minor improvements to atmospheres.

-Fixed the atmosphere height of Eve.

-Gave Eve an Eve-colored ocean.

-Detailed atmosphere characteristics for all planets.

-Removed StaticPressureASL so that heating and drag does not get bugged

-Eve is now called Eve and not Kerbin.

-Gave Duna Space Center a proper space center color.

Edited by GregroxMun

OK, you can find the scatterer configs in the GitHub download link. To install, download and install scatterer, then remove GameData/scatterer/config, and move the scatterer folder from whichever planet space program you want to GameData, and merge the files. You should get your new config folder that is tuned for the alien space programs.

12 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Also, forgot to mention, 0.6 is released

Some minor improvements to atmospheres.

-Fixed the atmosphere height of Eve.

(Dang it, I installed 0.5 like four hours ago. Could everyone please either speed up or slow down development, depending on what suits my fancy at the moment?)

At least on 0.5, there is a problem with the atmospheric height on Laythe, having to do with contracts. I'm supposed to be from 59-68km and flying, which turns out to be impossible.

Honestly, I'm not sure why the check for flying is even in there. What else would I be doing at 59-68 km, swimming?

Oh, almost forgot: Awesome mod. Awesome enough that I actually started a new career game for it.

---------------------------------------

I edited the persistent file to change the contract from FLYING to SUB_ORBITAL and that seems to have worked around the problem. Still having great fun with the mod, though.

Edited by Perry Apsis

Does anyone know if this will work with RemoteTech? I've never used it before, so I can't tell if I'm just not using RemoteTech correctly (a very strong possibility) or if it's tied to the Kerbin SoI, rather than being tied to the KSC itself.

kGlbhn8.jpg

The Isp and thrust values are wrong.

Looking at KER without the mod, this silly craft should have a starting TWR of 2.02 at Duna sea level - 758.1 Isp and 56.858kN thrust.

edit: eh, you had already mentioned that in the OP. Oops.

Edited by disembodied

Using  LaytheSpaceProgram, and the runway seems to be pointing North-South, instead of East-West.
Is there any way to rotate the space center by 90 degrees?

OK, found the config properties: In LaytheSpaceProgram.cfg, added the following (last 2 lines):

SpaceCenter
		{
			//PQSCity
			latitude = 0
			longitude = 193
			lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
			repositionToSphereSurface = true
			repositionToSphereSurfaceAddHeight = true
			repositionRadiusOffset = -20
			reorientToSphere = true  //This
			reorientFinalAngle = 77  //And this
		}

Edited by tutike2000

13 hours ago, Perry Apsis said:

Does anyone know if this will work with RemoteTech? I've never used it before, so I can't tell if I'm just not using RemoteTech correctly (a very strong possibility) or if it's tied to the Kerbin SoI, rather than being tied to the KSC itself.

It will probably work and go on to Kerbin, but the actual tracking station won't be at the new KSP position. Odds are you will have to make a special config for it. I might put something together eventually.

7 hours ago, tutike2000 said:

Using  LaytheSpaceProgram, and the runway seems to be pointing North-South, instead of East-West.
Is there any way to rotate the space center by 90 degrees?

OK, found the config properties: In LaytheSpaceProgram.cfg, added the following (last 2 lines):

SpaceCenter
		{
			//PQSCity
			latitude = 0
			longitude = 193
			lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
			repositionToSphereSurface = true
			repositionToSphereSurfaceAddHeight = true
			repositionRadiusOffset = -20
			reorientToSphere = true  //This
			reorientFinalAngle = 77  //And this
		}

While at first the angle was not intentional, I found that I actually like the look of the re-oriented space center more. The only difference it makes for launches it whether you yaw or pitch on ascent, and you can pretty easily turn your spaceplanes 90 degrees after launching.

That said, I will put a link to your post in the OP in case anyone else wants the space center oriented east-west.

14 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

It will probably work and go on to Kerbin, but the actual tracking station won't be at the new KSP position. Odds are you will have to make a special config for it. I might put something together eventually.

@GregoxMun, @Varsi on the RemoteTech topic just put together the needed change to put the base station at the KSP's new position:

Ok... It wasn't actually that hard. Here are the values I changed in RemoteTech_Settings.cfg.

Latitude = -0.008611111111111111
Longitude = -166.9688888888889
Height = 450
Body = 16

I got slightly confused by the body id not being 9. 

I'm about to try it. Maybe you could include an MM config for RT in your next release.

Just now, Perry Apsis said:

@GregoxMun, @Varsi on the RemoteTech topic just put together the needed change to put the base station at the KSP's new position:

Ok... It wasn't actually that hard. Here are the values I changed in RemoteTech_Settings.cfg.

Latitude = -0.008611111111111111
Longitude = -166.9688888888889
Height = 450
Body = 16

I got slightly confused by the body id not being 9. 

I'm about to try it. Maybe you could include an MM config for RT in your next release.

Which planet is this?

1 hour ago, GregroxMun said:

Which planet is this?

That was for Laythe, I believe.

---------------------------------------

Just tried it out, and it seems to be working fine.

Edited by Perry Apsis

Val waited for the rest of the crew to climb down from the lander. The ground yielded strangely beneath her feet. The gravity, even after so long in space, felt right. Everything around her was green--Her color, the color of life. She knew it was safe, from a half-dozen probes and the sure conviction of her heart, but her hands trembled slightly as she released the fastenings on her helmet. For the first time in the history of her species, a Kerbal breathed air under the open sky, without assistance from machines. She signaled to the others to do the same, and when they had, she could see it in their eyes. They knew, as she did. Nevertheless, it was she who said it: "My friends, we have come home."

She lived to see New Laythe Base grow into small city, as a steady trickle of immigrants made the journey. In time, her descendants would add "Ker-" to the name of the world, to reflect its stature as the adopted home of Kerbalkind. There still stands a monument at the landing site, showing those four first explorers at that moment of recognition. Engraved on the pedestal in an old-fashioned script, it reads, "Welcome home."

On 3/2/2016 at 10:22 AM, Perry Apsis said:

Val waited for the rest of the crew to climb down from the lander. The ground yielded strangely beneath her feet. The gravity, even after so long in space, felt right. Everything around her was green--Her color, the color of life. She knew it was safe, from a half-dozen probes and the sure conviction of her heart, but her hands trembled slightly as she released the fastenings on her helmet. For the first time in the history of her species, a Kerbal breathed air under the open sky, without assistance from machines. She signaled to the others to do the same, and when they had, she could see it in their eyes. They knew, as she did. Nevertheless, it was she who said it: "My friends, we have come home."

She lived to see New Laythe Base grow into small city, as a steady trickle of immigrants made the journey. In time, her descendants would add "Ker-" to the name of the world, to reflect its stature as the adopted home of Kerbalkind. There still stands a monument at the landing site, showing those four first explorers at that moment of recognition. Engraved on the pedestal in an old-fashioned script, it reads, "Welcome home."

That is absolutely beautiful.

9JG9nmi.png

Best Easter Egg ever!

BTW, I'm doing a career mode with Duna Space Program.  It's really fun!  I think it might be more fun than vanilla.

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, CliftonM said:

9JG9nmi.png

Best Easter Egg ever!

BTW, I'm doing a career mode with Duna Space Program.  It's really fun!  I think it might be more fun than vanilla.

Lol

Is that still there? :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.