[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

I checked the OP and the last 3 pages of this thread and didn't see an answer to a question I have:

Why do the liquid rockets not leave a smoke trail?  I see solids make a nice big column and I think jet engines do too, but all the normal rockets don't.  I get a smoke plume at the launch pad trench, but that is it.

Is something wrong on my install?  1.2.2 x64, Stock parts, mod. man, smokescreen, RP all installed through CKAN, other big gfx mods are SVE,SVT, scatterer, reentry particle effects

Or is this intentional?

I've tried removing/reinstalling smokescreen and RP and manually checking gamedata to ensure CKAN did a full removal and reinstall.

EDIT:  I made a test stand with every engine:

9EWXb94.png

Only the SRBs get that thick smoke that lasts longer than the exhaust plume.  Aren't the liquid engines supposed to have something like that too.  I know there is a particle limit, but running just one engine at the time gives the same effects.  It's like the engine configs don't get smoke.

Edited by Amechwarrior
added screenshot

4 hours ago, Amechwarrior said:

I checked the OP and the last 3 pages of this thread and didn't see an answer to a question I have:

Why do the liquid rockets not leave a smoke trail?  I see solids make a nice big column and I think jet engines do too, but all the normal rockets don't.  I get a smoke plume at the launch pad trench, but that is it.

Is something wrong on my install?  1.2.2 x64, Stock parts, mod. man, smokescreen, RP all installed through CKAN, other big gfx mods are SVE,SVT, scatterer, reentry particle effects

Or is this intentional?

I've tried removing/reinstalling smokescreen and RP and manually checking gamedata to ensure CKAN did a full removal and reinstall.

EDIT:  I made a test stand with every engine:

9EWXb94.png

Only the SRBs get that thick smoke that lasts longer than the exhaust plume.  Aren't the liquid engines supposed to have something like that too.  I know there is a particle limit, but running just one engine at the time gives the same effects.  It's like the engine configs don't get smoke.

Lets talk about IRL again :D

Some liquid fuel engines irl don't produce smoke trails , but some does. I guess the mod creator is going for the no smoke only. :)

10 hours ago, Legogamer said:

Some liquid fuel engines irl don't produce smoke trails , but some does. I guess the mod creator is going for the no smoke only. :)

This

19 hours ago, Legogamer said:

8 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

This

No problem, don't want to resurrect an endless debate.  I looked in to stuff like the old Titan II/Gemini style hypergolics that left similar short trails.  They do fit the games features when it comes to fuel storage and engine restarts.  If this is something someone brings up every few pages, maybe throw in a few lines about it in the OP.  Thanks for the great mod and the new info!

• 2 weeks later...

Adding one's own RealPlume plumes to an engine mod?

I just released my Explodium engine mod last weekend, and included two jet plume configurations that work with RealPlume. I think I got the plume configurations working so that they're ignored if RealPume isn't installed, but used if it is.

Would you rather I submit the plume configs to the repository using pull requests, or is it OK to leave in the mod itself if no other mod uses them?

I think I got the Module Manager order right, but an extra set of eyes would be good.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Added link to relevant GitHub folder

8 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

Adding one's own RealPlume plumes to an engine mod?

I just released my Explodium engine mod last weekend, and included two jet plume configurations that work with RealPlume. I think I got the plume configurations working so that they're ignored if RealPume isn't installed, but used if it is.

Would you rather I submit the plume configs to the repository using pull requests, or is it OK to leave in the mod itself if no other mod uses them?

I think I got the Module Manager order right, but an extra set of eyes would be good.

Look good to me! I'd love to see what those custom plumes look like. Might be able to add them directly to RealPlume if you really want to.

• 3 weeks later...

alright so i dont know if this was already reported but with realplume installed, i couldnt select most parts (mainly the mk1 pod and mystery goo) as soon as i uninstalled the mod everything worked perfectly. maybe its realplume messing with other mods?

Edit: This only happens in flight

Edited by Relitto

Hi, I have a major bug. What's happening is that every engine (apart from the rapiers) do not have a sound nor effect. Here's the twist: The Rapier has indefinite 100% throttle plume. The effect is the Air breathing mode and if I turn on the Rocket mode, the indefinite plume of the air breathing mode still shows and is covering up the rocket mode plume. The animation of the plumes still work though. I'll attach a screenshot of my Game data folder with all of my mods in it. Is this known or a new bug? I'm still in 1.2.2 because of some reason.

8 minutes ago, Jackaroo0505 said:

Hi, I have a major bug. What's happening is that every engine (apart from the rapiers) do not have a sound nor effect. Here's the twist: The Rapier has indefinite 100% throttle plume. The effect is the Air breathing mode and if I turn on the Rocket mode, the indefinite plume of the air breathing mode still shows and is covering up the rocket mode plume. The animation of the plumes still work though. I'll attach a screenshot of my Game data folder with all of my mods in it. Is this known or a new bug? I'm still in 1.2.2 because of some reason.

you are missing the "RealPlume" folder

8 minutes ago, BrutalRIP said:

you are missing the "RealPlume" folder

Will try that

EDIT: It fixed it! I thought that the Realplume and Realplume- was a case of one or another. Thanks a bunch!

Edited by Jackaroo0505

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mrpotato103 said:

for me the mod is not working for me the plumes are stock and i used ckan to install, can you help?

Check your gamedata folder and make sure you have the SmokeScreen folder, a RealPlume folder, and a RealPlume-Stock folder. You will also need to make sure that you have Module Manager downloaded as well.

4 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Check your gamedata folder and make sure you have the SmokeScreen folder, a RealPlume folder, and a RealPlume-Stock folder. You will also need to make sure that you have Module Manager downloaded as well.

i re downloaded the mod and the mod is still not working

10 hours ago, mrpotato103 said:

i re downloaded the mod and the mod is still not working

Welcome to the forums @mrpotato103.

Did you follow Nhawk's instructions and make sure you have every dependency installed properly as well? This mod works for me on KSP 1.3.

2 hours ago, mrpotato103 said:

Make sure you grab the 2.8.0 version of Module Manager, I'm pretty sure 2.7.5 is for older versions of KSP

Edit:

If that fixes it, it's my fault, I forgot the mod is bundled with an older version

Edited by Nhawks17

48 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Make sure you grab the 2.8.0 version of Module Manager, I'm pretty sure 2.7.5 is for older versions of KSP

Edit:

If that fixes it, it's my fault, I forgot the mod is bundled with an older version

that fixed it thanks for the help