[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

3M7TxQf.jpg

This is a continuation of Felger's amazing RealPlume - Stock Configs mod. Without his amazing work, this would not be possible. Felger has handed over the upkeep of this mod to @DerpyFirework and myself (see here).

RealPlume is a mod most well known among RSS users that is now been brought over for non-RSS users to enjoy! This mod adds realistic engine exhaust plume expansion to engine parts in stock KSP as well as other part mods (if supported).

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

How to Install:

Dependencies:

These are REQUIRED in order for RealPlume-Stock to work. These files are included in the download and do not need to be installed separately

Supported Mods:

The following lists all of the mods that currently have support for these effects. The listed mods may or may not be compatible with the latest KSP version.

Download Here 

CKAN-Indexed-brightgreen.svg

Licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA

Known Issues:

• Thrust limiting on engines get reset upon install. BEWARE IN THE KSP TUTORIALS
  • Switching to a vessel with an engine as a root part will cause the plume to not show.
  • Smoke effects looks strange, will fix eventually.

Contributing:

Since we don't support all the mods that add engines, we're always looking for contributors to help attach plumes to engines. The process itself is very easy. Start out with a regular RealPlume install, with Blizzy's Toolbar installed as well.

1. Make a .cfg file for your engine with this text in it:
@PART[partname]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Kerolox-Lower                // Pre-fabbed plume you want.
        transformName = thrustTransform     // The engine thrust transform to attach the plume.
        localRotation = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0       // Optional - Any rotation needed (global).
        localPosition = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0       // Position of the engine plume (global).
        flarePosition = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0       // Optional - Position of the engine flare (if localPosition is not used).
        flareScale = 1.0                    // Optional - Scale of the engine flare (if localPosition is not used).
        plumePosition = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0       // Optional - Position of the engine plume (if localPosition is not used).
        plumeScale = 1.0                    // Optional - Scale of the engine plume (if localPosition is not used).
        smokePosition = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0       // Optional - Position of the engine smoke (if localPosition is not used).
        fixedScale = 1.0                    // Size adjustment to resize to engine (global).
        energy = 1.0                        // Adjust length of plume (global).
        speed = 1.0                         // Adjust speed to fit resize, generally close to 1:1 with scale (global).
        emissionMult = 0.5                  // Optional - Density of the plume particles (global).
    }

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        %powerEffectName = Kerolox-Lower
        !runningEffectName = DELETE
    }
}

2. Launch the game, and put your engine on the pad upside down.
3. Open the SmokeScreen config tool (Blizzy's toolbar is required) and adjust the parameters in the PLUME nodes to size and position the plume to the part.
4. Copy those parameters back to the config created in step 1 and hit save.

And you're done! Submit them as a Pull Request to the RealPlume-StockConfigs repository, and you're good to go!

For more detailed instructions, check out this Wiki Page on Adding a Plume to an Engine, or just ask in the thread and we'll help you out!

Performance:

If you are suffering from a FPS drop, set the particle limit (bundled with a default value of: 5000) in the SmokeScreen settings to a lower number. You will need to use the toolbar mod to access this or change it in the configuration file after running the game with SmokeScreen once.

Compatibility:

This is fully cross-compatible with HotRockets, however RealPlume will overwrite HotRockets plumes where both configure the same engine. Because of the way ModuleManager works, any other mods that add effects to engines will either be overwritten, or potentially overwrite RealPlume configs depending on where they fall in alphabetical order relative to RealPlume.

Changelog:

v1.3.1:

• Updated Module Manager to v3.1.3
  • Updated Making History configs
  • Updated Sounding Rockets config
  • Updated .version file

v1.3.0:

• Updated Module Manager to v3.1.1
  • Updated Squad configs 
  • Updated Making History configs
  • Updated Ven's Stock Revamp configs
  • Re-added .version file

v1.2.0:

• Updated Module Manager to v3.0.6
  • Updated SmokeScreen to v2.8.0.0
  • Added engine configs
  • Fixed configs missing various syntax

v1.1.0:

• TweakScale support added
  • Updated Module Manager to v3.0.1
  • Updated SmokeScreen to v2.7.6.1
  • Added engine configs

All dependencies are included with their own license and are separate from the development of RealPlume-Stock

Older changes can be found here

RealPlume-Stock Contributors:

Felger - Made the mod, we wouldn't be here without him <3 

Sarbian - For giving us the gift of scaling our engine plumes

DerpyFirework - Co-Maintainer alongside myself

DaZeInBok - Thread header :) 

Nazari1382, ferram4, Dragon01, Kickasskyle, Probus, Svm420, randazzo, nanuschao, amo28, NoMrBond, jsolson, politas, Andrew2448, OhioBob 

Edited by Nhawks17
v1.3.1 Update

8 minutes ago, Felger said:

Thanks for keeping this going in my absence!

Not a problem! Thanks for making such a great mod :D 

10 hours ago, TeeGee said:

Has any real plume config for Ven stock revamp new bollard engine been made yet? God I love this mod and vens parts!

I'll look into getting the Ven's stuff updated to the 1.9.1 version

23 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I think I read though everything and might have missed something.  The first time I used this mod [okay, the previous one] the sound / volume was.. well 'loud' is that adjustable?  Or do I still have to lower the engine volume in the game?

Engine volume needs to be lowered. That is technically separate from this as that's coming from the RealPlume side of things and not the Stock Configs side. I think some wav files would need to be edited in order to fix this but I haven't noticed it being a major issue myself.

43 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I used the old Stock Configs, what is the difference between this and the other one? Was it abandoned?

The old Stock Configs won't be updated any longer. DerpyFirework and myself are maintaining it now and all future updates will be posted here.

13 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

The old Stock Configs won't be updated any longer. DerpyFirework and myself are maintaining it now and all future updates will be posted here.

Ok, will the old one be taken down from CKAN and replaced with this?

8 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Good. Will it auto-update or do I have to uncheck and check it again? Not at home so can't see.

I don't use CKAN so I'm not sure how it works. Does it usually auto-update mods?

9 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Yeah it does, I'll look at it when I get home from vacation.

Ok.. Well it should as the identifier and such are the same as it was before, the only thing that changed was the version number so I think you're good :D 

4 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Modding Mondays strikes again... Didn't SVE get that a little bit ago? Regardless, 'gratz on the mention Hawks. :)

Oh goodness :blush: I didn't even notice it if SVE did get mentioned :P 

7 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Is that using Real Fuels?

Yes it is. If you can't/won't fix it, I don't mind that much, I have other options, just a bug I found in the earlier version.

14 minutes ago, Sovek said:

Yes it is. If you can't/won't fix it, I don't mind that much, I have other options, just a bug I found in the earlier version.

I'll look into it, is it only with this specific engine or is it with any engine when you have Real Fuels installed?

14 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

I'll look into it, is it only with this specific engine or is it with any engine when you have Real Fuels installed?

I dunno, I was looking into the LH2 option for an upper stage when I noticed that the plume was pretty much starting at the attachment point. Like I said, RP-1 option was unaffected.

19 minutes ago, Sovek said:

I dunno, I was looking into the LH2 option for an upper stage when I noticed that the plume was pretty much starting at the attachment point. Like I said, RP-1 option was unaffected.

Ok! I'll look into it and see what's up, thanks for the info!