[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

Does anyone know how to randomize the location of the flame sprites a bit more? Right now they all clump up in little puffs of fire while I'd like a more continuous flame.

Spoiler

Here's an example of the effect:

ns19hU1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Im not entirely sure if I should be asking this question here or in the Smokescreen thread. Basically, I want to change the appearance of the SRB (Kickbacks) exhaust. From what I can see, it doesnt adjust with Tweakscale. Its great when you reduce the size of the SRBs, but not so much when you increase their size, as it looks rather lack luster... Could I get any assistance or guidance on this?

Thanks,

CM

My apologies if I am asking a question that has already been asked (been searching this thread and other related threads for verification).

I have real plume, smokescreen and cryo engines installed, but I do not get the 'signature' real plume effect while in space (just a straight cone cone of circular plume).  I used to have cryo, smokescreen and plume installed in 1.05, and they were my favorite deep-space engines.

Is cryo engines still working with real plume?  If it is, I must be doing something wrong (I will do logs if need be, or check out any other mods that may be conflicting with real plume).

Cheers, and I love this mod (one of must-haves).

6 minutes ago, Gaultesian said:

My apologies if I am asking a question that has already been asked (been searching this thread and other related threads for verification).

I have real plume, smokescreen and cryo engines installed, but I do not get the 'signature' real plume effect while in space (just a straight cone cone of circular plume).  I used to have cryo, smokescreen and plume installed in 1.05, and they were my favorite deep-space engines.

Is cryo engines still working with real plume?  If it is, I must be doing something wrong (I will do logs if need be, or check out any other mods that may be conflicting with real plume).

Cheers, and I love this mod (one of must-haves).

Pictures? Logs?

:blush:......Oops, no it does not.  My bad, as I saw the nertea graphics in realplume, and they had the cryo engines in that folder.  I did not realize they need to have 'real plume signature of authentication' in the VAB description...I will check for that from now on.

Thanks for the clarification @Nhawks17

Edited by Gaultesian

Just now, Gaultesian said:

:blush:......Oops, no it does not.  My bad, as I saw the nertea configs in realplume, and they had the cryo engines in that folder.  I did not realize they need to have 'real plume signature of authentication' in the VAB description...I will check for that from now on.

I mean they are suppose to have that at the end. I was just getting you to check that to see if MM is even applying the plumes to it. It means something is wrong. Let me look into it real quick.

3 minutes ago, Gaultesian said:

:blush:......Oops, no it does not.  My bad, as I saw the nertea configs in realplume, and they had the cryo engines in that folder.  I did not realize they need to have 'real plume signature of authentication' in the VAB description...I will check for that from now on.

Everything looks good to me on my end. Make sure you've grabbed the latest version of RealPlume-Stock as well as Cryogenic Engines.

Oh, OK, thanks for the re-reclarification ;).

I checked my versions of Real Plume and Cryo Engines, and they are both the latest version.  That probably means I may have a mod conflict somewhere, but I will have to check logs and then go through my mods to see if there is something amiss.

You have me set in the right direction - I just need to find out the issue now on my side.

Thanks again.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

OK......I did not have RealPlume-Stock folder installed for some reason.  Dear lord, I think I may have to give up the internet and live in a cave somewhere.

Edited by Gaultesian
reply to Nhawks17 reply and clarification

@Nhawks17, I registered specifically to suggest adding the warning about this excellent mod resetting the thrust limiter, including in tutorials, to the description. I've spent two good evenings trying to figure out why it breaks tutorials – I was nearly certain that it actually changes the engine's characteristics through some unintended magic before I stumbled on @Graphi's tiny little mention of the limiter issue. I think this could save quite a few people the headache.

Edited by Qwits

7 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

FYI - with latest versions of RealPlume and RealPlume Stock (I hope), some engines no longer have sounds - the LV-909, for instance, and SXT prop engines have their sounds removed (I'm guessing by one of RP's patches?).

I'll look into it

7 hours ago, Qwits said:

@Nhawks17, I registered specifically to suggest adding the warning about this excellent mod resetting the thrust limiter, including in tutorials, to the description. I've spent two good evenings trying to figure out why it breaks tutorials – I was nearly certain that it actually changes the engine's characteristics through some unintended magic before I stumbled on @Graphi's tiny little mention of the limiter issue. I think this could save quite a few people the headache.

Added a known issues section in the OP mentioning this.

On 5/31/2016 at 1:04 PM, AccidentalDisassembly said:

FYI - with latest versions of RealPlume and RealPlume Stock (I hope), some engines no longer have sounds - the LV-909, for instance, and SXT prop engines have their sounds removed (I'm guessing by one of RP's patches?).

Okay so the sound for the LV-909 is there it is just very very very very very faint for whatever reason. I had to turn my spacecraft sounds all the way up and crank my ksp sounds up to even hear it. I'll see if I can tweak some things to make it louder.

2 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Okay so the sound for the LV-909 is there it is just very very very very very faint for whatever reason. I had to turn my spacecraft sounds all the way up and crank my ksp sounds up to even hear it. I'll see if I can tweak some things to make it louder.

I think it's because the sound scales with plume scale, and the new Hypergolic-OMS-White plumes are much larger than the old ones (scales around 0.1 instead of 1), so the sound ends up being much quieter.

Just now, DerpyFirework said:

I think it's because the sound scales with plume scale, and the new Hypergolic-OMS-White plumes are much larger than the old ones (scales around 0.1 instead of 1), so the sound ends up being much quieter.

Well I'm actually thinking the sounds are messed up. I cranked the volume up in the config for the Hypergolic-OMS-White plume and when you launch a craft with the LV-909 the sounds that should be running when the engine is on are instead running all the time but I can't find anything in the config for that plume that would cause that to mess up.

Hey, I have a issue when there are atmospheric heat effects and a engine with real plume is running I have a huge fps drop when the camera is close and the more I zoom out the fps gets better but you can barely see the rocket and the moment I get past 70 kilometers and the heat effects are totally gone my fps comes back to normal

1 hour ago, NeoFatalis said:

Hey, I have a issue when there are atmospheric heat effects and a engine with real plume is running I have a huge fps drop when the camera is close and the more I zoom out the fps gets better but you can barely see the rocket and the moment I get past 70 kilometers and the heat effects are totally gone my fps comes back to normal

Some video cards really Really REALLY hate the aero-mach/heat effects shader (usually in OpenGL mode since it's still back on v2.2 support for Mac's and Linux), so I guess the question is, do you get the same frame-drop without RealPlume?  You may end up needing to turn down the aero-effect quality in the graphics settings.

1 hour ago, NoMrBond said:

Some video cards really Really REALLY hate the aero-mach/heat effects shader (usually in OpenGL mode since it's still back on v2.2 support for Mac's and Linux), so I guess the question is, do you get the same frame-drop without RealPlume?  You may end up needing to turn down the aero-effect quality in the graphics settings.

I do get it only with real plume and I'm not really sure if it's even on all the real plume effects and I'm currently on directx and my gpu is not the greatest but I think it shouldn't be that hard of a task for it..(Gtx 750ti)

EDIT : maybe I should see if it happens with other plume effects (hot rockets for example) because maybe it's an issue with SmokeScreen

Edited by NeoFatalis

The issue is just with the aero effects being horrid on any gpu plus having the added effects of "HD" plumes coming from RealPlume just taking a toll on your FPS. You can try to reduce the particles through smokescreen (read in the OP) and see if that helps with your FPS or not.