[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

On 7/10/2017 at 5:37 AM, Phineas Freak said:

@MR L A Let's assume that you have a modded KSP 1.3 install, managed via Steam. Everything will be cool and dandy until the next version (let's assume that is KSP 1.4) is released. Depending on your Steam settings:

• KSP will be automatically updated to the next version, probably without you even noticing it
  • KSP will be updated at some point manually, leaving behind files that may conflict with the new ones (the KSP 1.1.3 --> KSP 1.2 update did that)

Then, you will launch KSP, expecting to continue your favorite career or sandbox game, only to be greeted by a mess. Chaos will ensure...

On steam if you still have mod files and messy stuff you can just delete ALL your files and folders in the "Kerbal Space Program" folder.

Then you can right click on the title of your game on steam, right click properties, click on "Local Files" and click "Uninstall"

After that you can reinstall the game and you will have a clean version of KSP for steam :)

13 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

you can just delete ALL your files and folders in the "Kerbal Space Program" folder

Meaning that you are creating a new instance of the KSP installation, since you are completely removing and reinstalling the files/folders. And losing everything in the process. This would not happen if you had a standalone unmanaged installation...

Your point was...?

7 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

Your point was...?

My point was you would still have a clean ksp game if you mess it up :P

Is there an official release for RealPlume itself for 1.3? The release on this pack has disastrous impact on the game calculations (timer goes completely red) when I had no issues or fps loss in 1.2.

Just now, Jimbodiah said:

Is there an official release for RealPlume itself for 1.3? The release on this pack has disastrous impact on the game calculations (timer goes completely red) when I had no issues or fps loss in 1.2.

Not yet, working on it now. Apologies for the rough 1.3 support. Try updating ModuleManager and SmokeScreen manually and see if it helps. I've had a lot of progress lately on the next release so I'd expect it within the coming weeks.

No problem, I am patient, just wondered as I saw your 1.3 Stock plumes. I'm running MM 2.8.1 already, but I will try to find a new SmokeScreen version as that might be the problem.

Edited by Jimbodiah
ocd

Just now, Jimbodiah said:

No problem, I am patient, just wondered as I saw your 1.3 Stock plumes. I'm running MM 1.8.1 already, but I will try to find a new SmokeScreen version as that might be the problem.

That link for SmokeScreen in my previous post will take you directly to the latest version for it :) 

7 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

I am running Ven's Stock Revamp with RealPlume, and I have installed the mod correctly... (I know because the rockets now sound FREAKING AWESOME)

But I only get the engine sound and that's it. No smoke effect. Video:

The plumes are from the mod no? I can't really tell from this distance but they look like it. If so, the plume the engine is using does not have a smoke effect to mimic how the "real life" plume type would not have smoke exhaust.

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

The plumes are from the mod no? I can't really tell from this distance but they look like it. If so, the plume the engine is using does not have a smoke effect to mimic how the "real life" plume type would not have smoke exhaust.

Cuses. I love all that smoke. :D 

23 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

I am running Ven's Stock Revamp with RealPlume, and I have installed the mod correctly... (I know because the rockets now sound FREAKING AWESOME)

But I only get the engine sound and that's it. No smoke effect. Video:

This is probaly why

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 90% sure that I installed the mod correctly, however nothing is working, it is just the stock plume. I dragged the contents from the zip file into my gamedata folder and started up ksp, but the plumes weren't on any of the stock or KW rocketry engines. Please help.

5 hours ago, Lord_Fuzzy said:

I'm 90% sure that I installed the mod correctly, however nothing is working, it is just the stock plume. I dragged the contents from the zip file into my gamedata folder and started up ksp, but the plumes weren't on any of the stock or KW rocketry engines. Please help.

Can you post a screenshot of your gamedata folder please.

7 hours ago, Lord_Fuzzy said:

Yeah, looks like you have KW Rocketry and maybe a couple other things updated since the transition to 1.3, so if you're playing in 1.3, everything needs to be updated. If you're in 1.2.2, make sure KW is the 1.2.2 version, that you only have the one MM version, and that Real Plume is the 1.2.2 version.

On 8/18/2017 at 1:22 AM, Krakatoa said:

Yeah, looks like you have KW Rocketry and maybe a couple other things updated since the transition to 1.3, so if you're playing in 1.3, everything needs to be updated. If you're in 1.2.2, make sure KW is the 1.2.2 version, that you only have the one MM version, and that Real Plume is the 1.2.2 version.

The KW Rocketry is up to date, thank you. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Fuzzy said:

I also updated Module manager like you said, but now the game will not open. This is my game data folder.

At the moment, I'm not sure what exactly your problem is, but to help, here is the link to the latest release of Firespitter and here is the latest SmokeScreen (use the stable release with the most recent date). Just judging by the update date on the screen, I think both of these are out of date. I don't know what all OPT and ReduceClampSounds adds, but if they are out of date for 1.3 as well, then there's a chance they could cause an issue. There's no other reason for your game not to load.

6 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

At the moment, I'm not sure what exactly your problem is, but to help, here is the link to the latest release of Firespitter and here is the latest SmokeScreen (use the stable release with the most recent date). Just judging by the update date on the screen, I think both of these are out of date. I don't know what all OPT and ReduceClampSounds adds, but if they are out of date for 1.3 as well, then there's a chance they could cause an issue. There's no other reason for your game not to load.

It was the new MM. As soon as i went back to the old one the game loaded fine.