[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Andi K.

2 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Not possible. The latest version of scatterer which Extrasolar uses allowed the creation of scatterer configs for planets in other star systems. Therefore, any earlier versions of scatterer cannot work with Extrasolar. I'm assuming the scatterer version that's packaged with GPP is v0.0256?

Yes, GPP distributes scatterer 0.0256. Has the config format changed from 0.256 to 0.3? And also, could I still ask why scatterer configs for Extrasolar contain override of sunflares for the Sun as well as Valentine?

35 minutes ago, Shiolle said:

Yes, GPP distributes scatterer 0.0256. Has the config format changed from 0.256 to 0.3? And also, could I still ask why scatterer configs for Extrasolar contain override of sunflares for the Sun as well as Valentine?

Yes, the config format has changed, along with many other things.

As for the sunflare thing, there isn't any reason, just if I ever want to replace the sunflare texture with something else.

• 2 weeks later...

as soon as i enter Heba's SoI, my mission ends "...crashed into Heba".  this is true whether i transfer to it normally, or use hyperedit.  i can hyperedit into orbit around Serex and Vedre just fine. has anyone else experienced this?

(i am running approximately 5 zillion mods...)

by the way, this is one of my favourite planet packs i've ever used! (i'll likely expound its virtues in another post)

Edited by antgeth

14 hours ago, antgeth said:

as soon as i enter Heba's SoI, my mission ends "...crashed into Heba".  this is true whether i transfer to it normally, or use hyperedit.  i can hyperedit into orbit around Serex and Vedre just fine. has anyone else experienced this?

(i am running approximately 5 zillion mods...)

by the way, this is one of my favourite planet packs i've ever used! (i'll likely expound its virtues in another post)

I'm getting this same problem as well, without 5 zillion mods :D

I'll look into it and see what the issue is.

I have a question: Why is version 0.9.0 getting a lot more downloads than all of the other versions that are considerably better in my opinion? Is it due to this bug with Heba?

i felt like i should enumerate why i love the Valentine system so very much:

1: atmospheres! atmospheres make a huge difference for planets.  they add an entire gameplay dimension that turns what might be a boring dres rock into an exotic environment into a unique experience.  particularly, the large variety of pressure--gravity ratios in this pack make more of the places worth going to (for me at least).

2: oxygen! (ok, this might actually be a subset of #1).  the only thing more fun than an atmosphere is an atmosphere with oxygen.  for me, ssto/spaceplanes are truly the final frontier, and even if it sometimes strays from realism, having oxygen everywhere makes this a lot more enjoyable for me.

3: red star!  not unique to this pack, but i love the solar energy/heat tradeoff found around red dwarf stars.  as someone who tries to use solar power for everything (even when impractical) this is a cool break from the norm.  a side benefit are reduced interplanetary distances; everything seems a bit cozier.

i guess if i had one criticism it would be that Lomina is a bit too eccentric.  i found myself reluctant to venture there, until i edited the eccentricity down to 0.3.  but really, this is a truly splendid pack!  one of my favourites (along with OPM and new horizons) that i've used (and i tend to try out every planet pack i can find).

so... thanks!

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:42 PM, antgeth said:

i felt like i should enumerate why i love the Valentine system so very much:

1: atmospheres! atmospheres make a huge difference for planets.  they add an entire gameplay dimension that turns what might be a boring dres rock into an exotic environment into a unique experience.  particularly, the large variety of pressure--gravity ratios in this pack make more of the places worth going to (for me at least).

2: oxygen! (ok, this might actually be a subset of #1).  the only thing more fun than an atmosphere is an atmosphere with oxygen.  for me, ssto/spaceplanes are truly the final frontier, and even if it sometimes strays from realism, having oxygen everywhere makes this a lot more enjoyable for me.

3: red star!  not unique to this pack, but i love the solar energy/heat tradeoff found around red dwarf stars.  as someone who tries to use solar power for everything (even when impractical) this is a cool break from the norm.  a side benefit are reduced interplanetary distances; everything seems a bit cozier.

i guess if i had one criticism it would be that Lomina is a bit too eccentric.  i found myself reluctant to venture there, until i edited the eccentricity down to 0.3.  but really, this is a truly splendid pack!  one of my favourites (along with OPM and new horizons) that i've used (and i tend to try out every planet pack i can find).

so... thanks!

And thank you for the lovely compliments!

49 minutes ago, enaud said:

hi, 

how I CAN  for to travel to valentine in a acceptable time at a % of speed light?

Actually video say 750000 year!!!

Well it depends what percent of the speed of light you're going haha.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:25 PM, antgeth said:

not to be That Guy, but do you have an ETA for a heba fix? i'd love to venture to those moons.

Sorry getting distracted by playing KSP + RSS for entertainment purposes

LMMb2Nr.png

That's the Moon with Earth seen as a crescent in the distance.

I will try to get cracking on this Heba issue though, and I'll hopefully find the source of the problem by the end of this week.

EDIT: Yeah not happening. I can't for the life of me find out why Heba is giving me problems!

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, VShadow said:

Hi sorry if this has been stated already but what is the difference between the "realistic scale" and "stock configuration" mod versions?

Realistic scale is scaled to real life and stock scale is scaled to the stock system. I've gotten rid of the whole stock-scale real-scale thing. The newest version of extrasolar is a lot better, why don't you use that?

17 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Realistic scale is scaled to real life and stock scale is scaled to the stock system. I've gotten rid of the whole stock-scale real-scale thing. The newest version of extrasolar is a lot better, why don't you use that?

ah right was going through Ckan and that is what there was on there will do it manually then

29 minutes ago, VShadow said:

ah right was going through Ckan and that is what there was on there will do it manually then

As a general rule of thumb, don't use ckan. I can sometimes install mods incorrectly leading to all sorts of problems.

On 3/19/2017 at 5:42 PM, antgeth said:

On 3/28/2017 at 4:25 PM, antgeth said:

not to be That Guy, but

I also don't wanna be that guy but you run 5 zillion mods. You should have some good no-Oxygen jet engines lying around. :wink: I personally dislike that a given planet pack is full of oxygenated atmospheres.

On 4/16/2017 at 1:17 AM, IuliusCaesar said:

Hi there! This mod looks amazing! Has anyone made custom contracts for Extrasolar? Also, are all the biomes finished? How about KSPIE compatible  resources? Thanks a lot in advance! 

You'll have to ask someone from the Interstellar regions :P to possibly get on this. It's a real eye-opener how different its resource system is and the kind of effort that goes into setting up distributions in that.

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures I think I am still using 0.5 or so, but man, it looks good.... at least from the tracking station!  I am still a long way off from sending anything out to Valentine, even if I did move it to 4 LY from Kerbin (thanks for that fix by the way).  I am hoping to try out the Slingshotter mod and see how many gravity assists I can make to get my Koyager I and II probes out that way.... but they only just left Kerbin, so it will be a while!

At the speed they're going, I might have KSPI-E warp technology before they get there! :).... Have some ideas on that though...

Dear @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures,

I have the newest version of E-PBK (And I haven't played this mod for a very long time, btw), and Solyth is missing it's first moon (The one that had a cratered hemisphere and an ice hemisphere that orbited Solyth closer than Semth). Why was it removed? (I remember that it prevented asteroids from colliding with Solyth because it attracted them to it, causing said asteroids to collide with the moon. And one time a very large asteroid missed and collided with Solyth, wiping out all it's life)

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                                                            electricpants

Edited by electricpants

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:17 AM, IuliusCaesar said:

Hi there! This mod looks amazing! Has anyone made custom contracts for Extrasolar? Also, are all the biomes finished? How about KSPIE compatible  resources? Thanks a lot in advance! 

No custom contracts. Most of the planets have biomes, but some don't or are WIP. I'll add CRP support in the future, it just take sooooo long.

2 hours ago, electricpants said:

Dear @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures,

I have the newest version of E-PBK (And I haven't played this mod for a very long time, btw), and Solyth is missing it's first moon (The one that had a cratered hemisphere and an ice hemisphere that orbited Solyth closer than Semth). Why was it removed? (I remember that it prevented asteroids from colliding with Solyth because it attracted them to it, causing said asteroids to collide with the moon. And one time a very large asteroid missed and collided with Solyth, wiping out all it's life)

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                                                            electricpants

I like the acronym :wink:

Yeah Solyth is missing its first moon. That's because I though it wasn't very well done. I'll add it back in the future when I make a texture that I like. Sorry if I haven't been updating both of my mods as often as I used to. I'm just a little worn out from real life things and from KSP modding things.

1 minute ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Sorry if I haven't been updating both of my mods as often as I used to. I'm just a little worn out from real life things and from KSP modding things.

No worries!

I'm not saying you have to work your butt off to make some giant update to your mods, I was just wondering why that one moon was missing. :P

Just now, electricpants said:

No worries!

I'm not saying you have to work your butt off to make some giant update to your mods, I was just wondering why that one moon was missing. :P

Yeah I know. It was just on my mind so I said it.

On 3/28/2017 at 5:04 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I will try to get cracking on this Heba issue though, and I'll hopefully find the source of the problem by the end of this week.

EDIT: Yeah not happening. I can't for the life of me find out why Heba is giving me problems!

Here is the Heba fix for anyone interested:

1. Open GameData\Extrasolar\ValentineSystem\Heba\heba.cfg in any text editor

2. Add two lines as indicated below

Properties
        {
            description = Heba is the largest planet in the Valentine system. It was the first planet to be discovered in this system, because it makes Valentine wobble significantly. Don't bring your "Mini-Mus Mint Ice Cream" here though, 'cause its hot!
            radius = 5067800
            geeASL = 0.886
            rotationPeriod = 1
            rotates = true

tidallyLocked = true
            initialRotation = 70
            isHomeWorld = false
            timewarpAltitudeLimits = 0 250000 275000 300000 300000 300000 600000 800000

3. Save file

4. Enjoy!

Edited by Tau137

11 hours ago, Tau137 said:

Here is the Heba fix for anyone interested:

1. Open GameData\Extrasolar\ValentineSystem\Heba\heba.cfg in any text editor

2. Add two lines as indicated below

Hide contents

Properties
        {
            description = Heba is the largest planet in the Valentine system. It was the first planet to be discovered in this system, because it makes Valentine wobble significantly. Don't bring your "Mini-Mus Mint Ice Cream" here though, 'cause its hot!
            radius = 5067800
            geeASL = 0.886
            rotationPeriod = 1
            rotates = true

tidallyLocked = true
            initialRotation = 70
            isHomeWorld = false
            timewarpAltitudeLimits = 0 250000 275000 300000 300000 300000 600000 800000

3. Save file

4. Enjoy!

Really? This fixes it? I will try it out once I get home from school today.

On 4/25/2017 at 6:17 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Really? This fixes it? I will try it out once I get home from school today.

BTW, please not forget to kerbalize the distance to Valentine in the next release, because 1 light year is way too far even for experienced players with a bunch of semi-realistic future propulsion mods.  Even 0.1 ly is too far (more than 24hr play time at x20 physics wrap to get there with USI WarpDrive).  0.01 ly could be a reasonable compromise (100000 times further than the orbit of Eeloo); you can just include an optional tiny MM patch that increases the distance for RSS players and other masochists.

Let's see if Persistent Thrust mod works as advertised...

Edited by Tau137