Submarine - Scuba Do (Stock)

Sector 7 Space Laboratories Deep Sea Exploration Division - Scuba Do

Craft - Scuba Do
KSP v1.0.5

After experiencing my first Submarine called "Squirt" it gave me a desire to build another. I believe if you follow the coastline for Ore to refuel exploring Kerbin's Oceans could be done as much as you would like.

Craft Assembly: Probodobodyne OKTO2, MK7 Rocket Nose Cone, Vernor Engines, FL-T200 Fuel Tanks, Radial Intakes,Drills, Convert-O-Trons, Fly-by-Wire Avionics Hub, Standard Canards, Advanced Canards, MK1 Lander Cans, Large Reaction Wheel, Whiplash Engines, Batteries, Rockomax Brand Adapter, Medium Size Landing Gear, Lights

Operations:
At the Hangar be sure Kerbals DO NOT ENTER, the Kerman's love this Submarine and they can go along for the ride if you like but be sure to control the Sub from the OKTO2. When arriving the runway engage the RCS and SAS, hit spacebar and give a little throttle only to reach low speeds 6 to 8 m/s until course is set for the water. Land speeds are ok up to 40-50 m/s running straight but not sure what Top Speeds can be reached. Just before entering the water come to a complete stop and lock the brakes. Press action group 1 for the drills and panels to extend. Press action group 2 after the drills have had enough time to extend completely other wise the drills will not began to Harvest. After time warping to fill the Ore Tanks retract the drills and panels by pressing action group 1. If necessary panels can be toggled alone with action group 10. 

**** SPECIAL NOTICE: You must Jettison Only the Fourth Ore Tank to began underwater maneuvers.**** This can be done at anytime, I traveled the Ocean floor to a Depth of 545 Meters, you might like to do this then Jettison the Ore Tank, do this step whenever you like.

Engineer's Report
Parts - 75
Mass - 37.7t
Height - 5.9m
Width - 7.1m
Lenght - 18.1m

Craft File
Scuba Do

Edited by castille7

Thank you for the tip WhiteKnuckle, I didn't know this, although it was designed to travel Kerbin's Oceans without a need for fuel support from another craft. Also the drill on the nose cone is giving it the ability to drill on steep coastlines. Another thing about this is traveling from the runway to the beach would stress the hull a bit and may take longer to get to the water rather than loading up at the beach with Ore.

Edited by castille7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.