Docking Port Issue

Update: I got it working, had to create an empty game object in unity and set it as the dockingnode in the config file. Never would have figured that out on my own...

So I made a docking port, and everything single thing works except the docking functionality. While it has the options to decouple and undock in the action group menu, they do not function, and they do not show up in the right click menu, also if you do try to dock there is no magnetism and they never lock.

Do I need to write a plug-in for it or something? I literally copied the code from the Sr Docking Port, thinking that would work like it usually does. I'll post the code and any other files as requested. Any help is greatly appreciated.

More info on this docking port: this is for my mod, "KerbalTubes". It is a mk.II size docking port with a central iris style door for kerbals to pass through. It was a lot of work to get this far[literally all I did today] and I would like to complete this one last small, but yet extremely important step. Thanks in advance.

Download link of current build for debugging

Download link for current build plus lots of extra debugging info and development files

Screenshots

Screenshots

Edited by Sticky32

PART
{
    name = DockingIrisSr
    module = Part
    author = Sticky32
    mesh = DockingIrisSr.mu
    rescaleFactor = 1.25
    node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
    node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
    TechRequired = metaMaterials
    entryCost = 12200
    cost = 1250
    category = Utility
    subcategory = 0
    title = Docking Iris Sr.
    description = The highly sought after and long awaited Senior Docking Iris is finally here. Allowing much larger Kerbal space habitats to be built. This high tech new docking port has a door in the center to let Kerbals through.
    attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0
    mass = 0.2
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.25
    minimum_drag = 0.25
    angularDrag = 0.5
    crashTolerance = 20
    maxTemp = 2000 // = 3400
    bulkheadProfiles = size2
    stagingIcon = DECOUPLER_VERT
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDockingNode
        referenceAttachNode = top
        nodeType = size2
        stagingEnabled = False
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
        animationName = Open
        startEventGUIName = Open
        endEventGUIName = Close
        actionGUIName = Toggle Door        
    }
}

Edited by Sticky32

You'd probably get a better answer in the Modelling sub-forum as I'm pretty sure you are missing a reference transform on your model which they deal with more then this sub-forum does.

I do know you have to tell KSP where the 'docking' part of the docking node is and I'm pretty sure that's done via a reference transform on the part model itself.

How you do that exactly I don't know however, but hopefully it points you in the right direction.

D.

6 minutes ago, Diazo said:

You'd probably get a better answer in the Modelling sub-forum as I'm pretty sure you are missing a reference transform on your model which they deal with more then this sub-forum does.

I do know you have to tell KSP where the 'docking' part of the docking node is and I'm pretty sure that's done via a reference transform on the part model itself.

How you do that exactly I don't know however, but hopefully it points you in the right direction.

D.

Oh ok, I posted it here thinking it had to do with how I wrote the config file. Wish I had this info last night, I was able to find a tutorial on exactly what I needed to do after someone asked where my dockingnode empty was. I didn't know there was such a thing and that I needed to include it. I was able to get it working, tested it, packaged, and uploaded last night. Thanks anyways, this was exactly what I would have needed to figure it out of I hadn't already :).

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.