[STOCK] Antonov 124 & Antonov 225

THIS IS A WORK-IN-PROGRESS!

I've decided to share my aircrafts, based off the real thing. I've check the dimensions and the smaller details of the aircrafts in real life (placement of wings vary) to make sure they are quite accurate.

Thanks to @selfish_meme, I was able to post my crafts somewhere:

Antonov AN-225 Mriya and it's variants:

8F5laGe.jpgv006aws.jpg63AotNw.jpg

Antonov An-124 Ruslan and it's variants:

kR4uLgL.jpgIsiNbf7.jpg

Buran and it's variants:

vLtvP4t.jpg

Or get it all here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Anm_9ogC4FbWtvOXI4YzkySWM/view?usp=sharing

Upcoming:

Buran with Energia (possibly Energia and it's proposed variants too?)

Note: The planes are missing the nose opening feature because there aren't any parts that provide the hinging mechanism. There is a way to do this and it does work, however I'm very busy and may not have time to finish the crafts so just bear with me. 

UPDATE 6/9/16: After posting a thread, it has come to me that there is a bug with the tiny docking ports where decoupling detached the ports. It probably won't be fixed until 1.2 however that is only part of a problem. The main issue is that the door is too heavy to be lifted by reaction wheels, the thrusters will easily run out of fuel and the door will not close completely and just hang on the hinge. I am getting to work with this.

UPDATE 10/9/16: Now the problem is solved and I'm going to release to the public sometime soon, however the mechanism needs to be tested as to the height & width of the rover that can enter through the nose. The mechanism will be released first by 22nd of September then the mech will be incorporated slowly into the crafts.

UPDATE: 24/9/16: Mech is released for download. Will add to Antonovs soon enough: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/148516-stock-mk3-nose-door/

Known issues:

-Currently the known issues are all caused by the new 1.1 wheel model and only the wheels. They are being reworked and fixed in 1.2

Edited by Scientia1423

6 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

I've decided to share my aircrafts, based of the real thing. I've check the dimensions and the smaller details of the aircrafts in real life (placement of wings vary) to make sure they are quite accurate.

I don't want to be a complete body part with a specific function but ...

original.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, EdusacconBR said:

IR = Infernal robotics :P
i did a plane with a nose loading ramp once, but the cockpit was too wobbly since it had only a small weak hinge as attachment point

It's a bug with the mod, hopefully after 1.1 things will work out. I have found hazardish using a hinging method in stock but I don't know how he does it.

For now, I need to finish stock work and find some problems to fix with the planes and the russian brick; then I will progress through mods.

1 minute ago, Scientia1423 said:

It's a bug with the mod, hopefully after 1.1 things will work out. I have found hazardish using a hinging method in stock but I don't know how he does it.

For now, I need to finish stock work and find some problems to fix with the planes and the russian brick; then I will progress through mods.

But theres a working IR version :P
even the rework model pack is working

1 minute ago, EdusacconBR said:

But theres a working IR version :P
even the rework model pack is working

Like I said, I need to finish stock work and find some problems to fix with the planes and the russian brick; then I will progress through mods.

3 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

probably a thermometer bearing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The long awaited revised version is here! After 5 months of waiting your hype will finally travel the world! (Still working on nose door…) It took me a while to prepare this beast, considering my original revamped version was destroyed somehow, however this version should be somewhat similar to the aspects of real life.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys, I'm planning on merging my revised with the original crafts so it will let people get the craft they want. I also haven't updated my craft in a while and I should've uploaded the new craft with the nose door already as its already finished and has passed tests to ensure it will fly properly...

Let me know what you think here...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.