TOTM February !

sal_vager

Welcome back to the Kerbal Space Program forums threads of the month!

Joining me this month in selecting top threads from around the forums is @Mad Rocket Scientist!

Remember, if you see something you believe should be in here next month drop me a PM :)

Starting in Suggestions this time we have a very simple change that could have an enormous effect on multi-mission planning, with Snarks idea to add manoeuvre nodes to the Tracking Station.

From Fanworks comes an interactive story by Tw1, Bill verses Bill, where the path of the story depends on your suggestions.

What will happen next?  That's up to you!

Chemp brings us this months Mission Report, where he takes our intrepid Bill Kerman on a Kerbal powered flight around the planet, the poor Kerbal must be exhausted after all the excitement this month!

From the Spacecraft Exchange Bubbadevlin shows off what must be one of the best Saturn V replicas ever made in KSP, this is seriously something, but only high end PC's need apply.

This months Challenge comes from TedwinKnockman66, who challenges us to go somewhere with only .625m parts, it's a lot harder than it sounds.

This is a little old but it's too good not to share, check out Dasoccerguys craft importer for Blender!

There's a texture fix for 1.0.5 craft in the thread, this is a great way to view your craft outside of KSP, and maybe even import them into other games.

From the Science & Spaceflight forum, Spaceception asks us to guess when SpaceX will send people to Mars, I don't know the answer but I bet if you asked Elon he'd say "ASAP!"

And finally something a little different from the Lounge, Ehco Corrallo shows us his literary skills with his new space flight inspired novel.

Contains mild profanity so don't read it out loud :)

That's all for this month!

Januaries TOTM can be found here.

Glad you like it, I'm sure Bubbadevlin will be over the Mun :)

Also, people sometimes ask me why the threads that appear hear do, when there's sometimes much larger threads.

If TOTM was just for the biggest and most popular we'd see a small number of posters here every month, their threads don't need the extra attention, these posters know how good their contributions are.

But the TOTM is also for the great threads you may have missed, that didn't get thousands of views and may even be on page 2 or 3, but are still worth your attention.

It's also good to show the works of newer members, anyone can be on the TOTM, not just the most skilled.

And if you see something you think should be pinned, tell me, it doesn't matter if it's from a new member or from someone who has been here since the early days, as long as it's a great thread.

25 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Glad you like it, I'm sure Bubbadevlin will be over the Mun :)

Very much so! :) This was totally unexpected, but amazing.

2 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Awesome! That Saturn V replica is sweet!

Thanks!, yea, its arguably one of the largest and highest part count craft our there :)

Wow, a pinned topic!  First time for me.  :)  Thanks!

I find it particularly ironic that part of the content of that thread was someone complaining that forums are pointless, requests there don't get attention...

Edited by Snark

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.