Zaywa Solar System Concept Introduction/Discussion

destra9

While there are many planet packs that you can download that will give new a whole new set of places to explore, my planet pack attempts to do that and provide some of the most unique planets ever while also staying true to stock naming style.  Keep in mind that this mod is still in development and it will require Kopernicus. As of right now, I don't even have a beta version ready yet, but hopefully, that should change soon. When I get my first beta version ready to release, I will link it in this post! I don't have all the names finalized yet, so suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Feedback and opinions are also greatly appreciated. Until it's decided that more than 3 solar systems will be added, Zaywa will orbit Kerbol with a semi-major axis of roughly 8 light-years.

• Zaywa: A blue star about twice the size of Kerbol that emits normal sunlight so players can fully appreciate the beauty of the other bodies in the solar system. One of the problems I see with blue stars emitting blue light is that they tend to make the planets darker and/or mask a lot of the beautiful colors, so by having it emit the same color sunlight as Kerbol, players can fully appreciate the beauty of all the planets and stars in the pack.

• Zaywa-2: *Naming suggestions wanted* A tiny red dwarf star that again, emits a small amount of normal sunlight for the same reason as its big brother, but orbits Zaywa in a very close orbit to give us a binary star system.

• Hade: A moonless dark gray gas planet that has a tight orbit around Zaywa. While being roughly the same size as Jool, it's far less dense due to the high temperatures. Crafts should be able to survive a high-altitude flight here as long as you have a heat shield protecting the front of your craft.

• Pike: A rocky planet with towering volcanoes, lava lakes and a thick, smoke-like atmosphere. Touching the lava is a great way to fry your Kerbals. Overheating in the lava lakes WILL be incorporated in the initial release!

• Rayn: *Naming suggestions wanted* A large water world with an endless ocean beneath a beautfil blue sky. It features an atmosphere with a small amount of oxygen.

• Kepler: A green and blue gas planet in the habitable zone of the Zaywa system which has its own set of rings. Its moons are thought to contain life.
    • Atlas: A Kerbin-like world complete with mountains, deserts, oceans, rivers, lakes, grasslands and ice caps. May add in an alien space center Easter Egg if I can figure out how to.
    • Sahra: A world that has vast deserts, tall mountains, ice caps and small oceans all beneath an atmosphere rich in oxygen. Small lakes and rivers are scattered about the desert landscape.

• Galleon: A large, tidally locked, terrestrial planet that has rings and a few moons... All in a polar orbit! Galleon is meant to rotate on its side, similar to how Uranus from our own solar system does. The dark side is a large ice-covered flatland while the light side is mountainous and rocky. Moon suggestions for Galleon would be greatly appreciated.
    • Kale: A bluish rocky moon that orbits just outside of Galleon's rings.

• Zomg: A gas planet so large, its mass rivals that of a brown dwarf. It makes Jool look tiny by comparison and it has rings in a rainbow of colors. Unlike most gas giants, it has an ocean formed from the immense heat and pressure.
    • Woh: A gas giant about half the sie of Jool that orbits Zomg.
      • Hyperion: *Naming suggestions wanted* A Dres-sized rocky moon in orbit around Woh. It can be a bit tricky to encounter thanks to its moon.
        • Dingus: *Naming suggestions wanted* A large moon placed in the perfect position to screw with missions to Hyperion.
      • Sur: A boring asteroid-like moon in orbit around Woh in a mostly Geostationary orbit.
    • Ched: A Moho-sized rocky, yellow moon  that orbits Zomg with enormous craters and a few mountain ranges beneath a thick, yellowish atmosphere. Might make an integration for Environmental Visual Enhancements that adds a few layers of yellow clouds that hide the surface.
      • Swish: A greenish-yellow rocky moon that has many craters on its surface.
    • Glace: An icy moon in a highly eccentric orbit around Zomg. The decription will mention the possibility of a warm ocean beneath its icy surface.
    • Herb: A dark green rocky moon with a surface peppered with large craters and deep, vast canyons.
    • Kierra: A mountainous moon with a few peaks that rise above a thin atmosphere.
    • Kyro: An oblong rocky moon with a high orbital inclination that makes a complete rotation approximately once every 30 minutes.

• Borag: An ice/snow-covered planet that features lakes and volcanoes that spit out ice instead of magma. It also features a very tiny set of beautiful cyan rings. 
    • Hiemal: An ice-covered asteroid-like moon in a distant orbit around Borag.

Special thanks to @ProtoJeb21 for letting me use his planet pack's configs as a base so I could see how Kopericus works and understand how to begin making my own planet pack.

Be sure to let me know what you think of my planet ideas thus far and do tell me how I can improve upon the Zaywa system.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.