The Void UPDATE I'm done with this 1/4/17

Spaceception

Hey everyone, since I'm rewriting The Void, I decided to tell you how the black hole gets to the solar system without being detected.

Spoiler

lLxCoWM.jpg

No, seriously, Aliens, there was going to be an advanced Alien race that 'tests' other Alien civilizations, by threatening them with extinction, if they aren't advancing fast enough, or are sitting idle too long (Like say if they had a space program, but didn't do much with it, wink wink), then they do something that threatens them with extinction. If the Aliens make it through, they make contact with them, and help them become more advanced (Without telling them what they did obviously), and if they go extinct, they just say they didn't have what it takes, and move on to the next civilization.

The ending for the revised version is going to be much different, and more realistic.

Edited by Spaceception

1 hour ago, Spaceception said:

Hey everyone, since I'm rewriting The Void, I decided to tell you how the black hole gets to the solar system without being detected.

Hide contents

lLxCoWM.jpg

No, seriously, Aliens, there was going to be an advanced Alien race that 'tests' other Alien civilizations, by threatening them with extinction, if they aren't advancing fast enough, or are sitting idle too long (Like say if they had a space program, but didn't do much with it, wink wink), then they do something that threatens them with extinction. If the Aliens make it through, they make contact with them, and help them become more advanced (Without telling them what they did obviously), and if they go extinct, they just say they didn't have what it takes, and move on to the next civilization.

The ending for the revised version is going to be much different, and more realistic.

I really do like the alien idea, sounds like 2001 a Space Odyssey. Also, I'm assuming the image is the Aliens Guy meme. I can only assume since my school doesn't allow anything from Imgur and its blocked. :P

42 minutes ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

I really do like the alien idea, sounds like 2001 a Space Odyssey. Also, I'm assuming the image is the Aliens Guy meme. I can only assume since my school doesn't allow anything from Imgur and its blocked. :P

You were right :)

I just realized this... If they book is taking place in 1971, how will they get to the exoplanets if they don't even know they exist? The first exoplanet discovered was in 1992, 21 years after this is supposed to take place. Also, Proxima b was discovered just in August? If the storyline will have alternate history, would the exoplanets be discovered earlier on? 

23 minutes ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

I just realized this... If they book is taking place in 1971, how will they get to the exoplanets if they don't even know they exist? The first exoplanet discovered was in 1992, 21 years after this is supposed to take place. Also, Proxima b was discovered just in August? If the storyline will have alternate history, would the exoplanets be discovered earlier on? 

Yes, exoplanet hunting telescopes get developed much earlier, as you can expect, it was hard finding the first planets, but after awhile, the had their candidates.

Edited by Spaceception

On 9/21/2016 at 1:43 AM, Spaceception said:

No, seriously, Aliens, there was going to be an advanced Alien race that 'tests' other Alien civilizations, by threatening them with extinction, if they aren't advancing fast enough, or are sitting idle too long (Like say if they had a space program, but didn't do much with it, wink wink), then they do something that threatens them with extinction.

So does that make the aliens good or bad?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...