Twitch Thursday: Fun avoiding Progress/Mir Collisions!

SQUAD

22 minutes ago, Skylar' said:

indeed it's much more fun to play game yourself than watch others... i'ts just pointless... :D  *no offence* :) 

KSP is that kind of game. The only commentary that goes well over it is science-y commentary a la Scott Manley or the like. It's not very well suited to the style of the (aptly named) Twitch streaming community.

11 hours ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

KSP is that kind of game. The only commentary that goes well over it is science-y commentary a la Scott Manley or the like. It's not very well suited to the style of the (aptly named) Twitch streaming community.

you right as hell :D i think Thursdays have to be changed into interesting since or useful tutorials, i don't know how about others but i cath my self searching tutorials how to play ksp in nasa records :D something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am7EwmxBAW8:) 

15 hours ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

15 hours ago, Skylar' said:

indeed it's much more fun to play game yourself than watch others... i'ts just pointless... :D  *no offence* :) 

Have either of you watched ShimmytheJJ before?  He's incredibly engaging and is actually a joy to watch.  He's been a top KSP streamer on Twitch for a long time before he took what was likely a well-needed 3 or so month break from streaming.  He was also one of the main KSP streamers on KSPTV for a long time.  I myself missed his streams a lot while he was away, he always has interesting designs and plays with a variety of different mods...from an RSS install to KAS/KIS and full LS suite, interplanetary launch pads, etc... so always something interesting to see.

While I understand it may be something you guys aren't into...the statement that "i'ts (sic) just pointless" is just like...your opinion man and shouldn't be stated as fact as it's not one.  I also agree that Twitch Thursdays on the Daily Kerbal are fairly lacking and I think SQUAD should make a change; that discussion has already happened in the community and SQUAD has apparently decided to make no change in that regard (at least thus far).

@Ignath: Oh yeah, I totally forgot about DasValdez and Shimmy and that sort of thing. DasValdez in particular is awesome-I love how he leverages the live format with his Kerbal Space Academy series, beyond the "hey guyz put 1 in chat if u think I should do dis thing" of many streamers. While I respect people that do that and simply enjoy the long-form setup of streaming, I also think the best examples of the live format are tutorials, because you can take questions live from people watching. (Speaking of long-form, why can't I ever accidentally write half an essay when I'm doing homework?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.