Ksp Telescopes

I have an idea about integrating telescopes in ksp, to scout stars and other planets hundreds of light years away :) these planets not supposed to be an real physical bodies (you never can interact with them) just replicas of real star/planet systems, the purpose to be scouted by telescopes. by watching them u can get some info about them. some of them just space rocks others really interesting glass rain planets :)

Edited by Skylar'

2 hours ago, worir4 said:

That would be cool. You could earn science by finding them. You could get better pictures with better telescopes. 

Yes, that sounds cool.

I think CactEye telescopes does that.

5 hours ago, Skylar' said:

I have an idea about integrating telescopes in ksp, to scout stars and other planets hundreds of light years away :) these planets not supposed to be an real physical bodies (you never can interact with them) just replicas of real star/planet systems, the purpose to be scouted by telescopes. by watching them u can get some info about them. some of them just space rocks others really interesting glass rain planets :)

See this page for all your science telescope wants and desires. :)

That's a neat idea. Basic telescopes at the Space Center; ability to put better telescopes in orbit to avoid atmospheric blurring; plenty of stock solar systems to "discover" including our own, other realistic ones, and various amusing subtle references to fictional ones. (This solar system has only one planet, a gas giant. Orbiting the gas giant is a large moon that appears to be forested. Orbiting that moon is a smaller moon--wait, that's no moon...)

Guys, don't forget about nebulas, galaxies and other interstellar objects. There could be (at least) two types of space telescopes. One Hubble-like to observe gas clouds and galaxies and the other one (Keppler-like) to observe planets. And maybe a big one that would resemble James Webb Space Telescope, which would be an upgrade of both. That's what JWST is meant to do, right? Search for planets and look at bigger things?

EDIT: Have this neat animation of a pulsar seen by Hubble

giphy.gif

(at least I think it's from Hubble)

Edited by Veeltch

This could also apply to bodies *within* the kerbol system. Like their tracks don't show up in the tracking station until they are "discovered", and only rudimentary info is provided about them. Further discoveries from additional missions would puzzle together more info about them as the game progresses.

Plus... "orbital telescopes" anyone? :D

Best,
-Slashy

On 6-2-2016 at 6:49 PM, Veeltch said:

It's been suggested in the last thread of the month, but have a like anyway.

For reference: here it is: 

In my humble opinion, it would be a great addition to add this piece of space exploration to the game, seeing as it has come up independently twice in a short amount of time.:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.