F-4 Phantom II Replica Cinematic Showcase With Download

Nice job in the cinematic aspect, but there are a few things off.  The horizontal stabilizers are much further from the engines, and the wings only have a very shallow sweep of the trailing edge.  Good job angling the cockpit, but the spine of the fuselage isn't raised from the rest of it until the tail where the engine nacelles are slanted down.  

I mean no offense, I don't know how long you've been playing the game and where your skill level is, but I have some little toy 3 inch size planes that make really good references.  Maybe if you really cared that much you could use those, I'm not sure where you'd find them, if you needed to buy them.  It's nice to have something you can look at from any angle.  https://www.youtube.com/user/SpacemanTrouper Check out this guy, he does awesome replicas.  Wings are your best friend for structural detail.

Maybe if you really want, I'd like to see what you can do with an F-18.  It has little complicated structure that you would have to use wing sections for.  Just try it for practice to get the structure and wings as accurate as you can, and use lots of reference pictures.  I mean, google "F-18 intake" to make sure you have it in the right position, for example, but with every part of the aircraft.  If you want to make really nice replicas, they should take you at least an hour.  It sounds kinda elitist I suppose, but it's fun and very rewarding.  

You look like you know your way around offset and rotate, which is good.  You should be using offset without angle snap often, don't settle for wherever the angle snap takes you.  Also, if you have an angle that normal slanted wings aren't close enough to, rotate the slant around the other way, so that the outside edge is the straight edge of the wing section.  Then rotate without angle snap to the angle you need.

Take your time and pay attention to detail, I'm excited to see how it goes!

Good luck!

-Slab

EDIT: Also, try BDArmory and Adjustable Landing Gear, they really bring replicas together.

Edited by SlabGizor117

19 hours ago, SlabGizor117 said:

Nice job in the cinematic aspect, but there are a few things off.  The horizontal stabilizers are much further from the engines, and the wings only have a very shallow sweep of the trailing edge.  Good job angling the cockpit, but the spine of the fuselage isn't raised from the rest of it until the tail where the engine nacelles are slanted down.  

I mean no offense, I don't know how long you've been playing the game and where your skill level is, but I have some little toy 3 inch size planes that make really good references.  Maybe if you really cared that much you could use those, I'm not sure where you'd find them, if you needed to buy them.  It's nice to have something you can look at from any angle.  https://www.youtube.com/user/SpacemanTrouper Check out this guy, he does awesome replicas.  Wings are your best friend for structural detail.

Maybe if you really want, I'd like to see what you can do with an F-18.  It has little complicated structure that you would have to use wing sections for.  Just try it for practice to get the structure and wings as accurate as you can, and use lots of reference pictures.  I mean, google "F-18 intake" to make sure you have it in the right position, for example, but with every part of the aircraft.  If you want to make really nice replicas, they should take you at least an hour.  It sounds kinda elitist I suppose, but it's fun and very rewarding.  

You look like you know your way around offset and rotate, which is good.  You should be using offset without angle snap often, don't settle for wherever the angle snap takes you.  Also, if you have an angle that normal slanted wings aren't close enough to, rotate the slant around the other way, so that the outside edge is the straight edge of the wing section.  Then rotate without angle snap to the angle you need.

Take your time and pay attention to detail, I'm excited to see how it goes!

Good luck!

-Slab

EDIT: Also, try BDArmory and Adjustable Landing Gear, they really bring replicas together.

Thanks, ill keep this in mind for my next build. I had no idea that the engines were that far away from the stabalizers, thanks for pointing that out I'll try to pay a bit more attention to details like that. Btw I will build or at least attempt to make a replica of that F-18.

Edited by AquaAlmond Productions

On 2/8/2016 at 4:20 PM, AquaAlmond Productions said:

Thanks, ill keep this in mind for my next build. I had no idea that the engines were that far away from the stabalizers, thanks for pointing that out I'll try to pay a bit more attention to details like that. Btw I will build or at least attempt to make a replica of that F-18.

Sweet, I look forward to seeing it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.