Kerbalized Rocket Technology (KRT) - Version 1.0 released!

Kartoffelkuchen

Kerbalized Rocket Technology

About

This is a little project which brings you kerbalized versions of real rocket components into the game. I want it to be accurate enough, that you can see what this is based on and how it works in real life, but this is not supposed to be a replica mod, as opposed to Launchers Pack. The main aspect of this mod will be rocket engines, but I will include some actual lauchers. Kick stages (like the Star series) will be included too, as a cheap alternative to liquid fueled upper stages. This project is still highly in development, but I think it's good enough to publish a first version.

Contents

Planned

• Vulcain 1 & 2
  • Ariane 5
  • RS-27 and RS-27A
  • Delta II
  • RD-170 (in development)
  • RS-68 (in development)
  • Delta IV
  • Atlas II, III, V
  • NK-33

License

All rights reserved.

Download

SpaceDock

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

7 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

What about an RD-0146? Very unique! Also is the first Russian engine to ever include an extendable nozzle! (if they so choose, like how it's applied on the new Angara upper stage.)

RD-0146engine.jpg

I'll put it on my list. ;)

Finished Merlin 1C now:

Merlin 1C

1 hour ago, _Augustus_ said:

Looks good so far, but you should have a cluster of Merlin engines so we can make a Falcon 9.

Also, RD-0146 and RD-191 would be good.

Why should I make a cluster of Merlins? I mean, you literally stick 9 engines on the bottom of a 2.5m fuel tank and that's it. I could make a kinda octaweb, but there's no sense in making a completely new part, only for a cluster I think. ;)

9 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

What about an RD-0146? Very unique! Also is the first Russian engine to ever include an extendable nozzle! (if they so choose, like how it's applied on the new Angara upper stage.)

RD-0146engine.jpg

yup, i have this one too.

marmoset rendering.

BqlwQeVh.png

5 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

Also, RD-0146 and RD-191 would be good.

Yes! We'd just need a RD-0124 and we'd have a whole Angara! Plus those engines would be hella to have in a stock-alike feel...

1 hour ago, DennyTX said:

yup, i have this one too.

marmoset rendering.

BqlwQeVh.png

Ow... My heart... I'm conflicted between staying with my girlfriend or marrying you. :P

Kidding, of course, but good god that's pretty!

3 hours ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

i have a kouznetsov nk-33 rocket engine that i made for a project that im no longer doing, would like to have it for this?

yup, i would like, if it looks better than mine. I have collection of NK engines for my old N1-L3 project. (6.5k polys)xzhhTH7.png

Edited by DennyTX

14 hours ago, eirinym said:

Oh man, KK, your models look really nice. I've really been looking for something like this.

I was wondering if you could make some cowlings for engines, something like these:

RD-180 on Atlas V:

3301051_orig.jpg

RD-171 on Zenit:

xindex.php,qaction=dlattach,3Btopic=2557

Yeah, I can do so. It would be quite helpful for people to properly attach the engines under the fuel tanks, without it looking strange. Good idea. I guess for the Merlin's, I can just take the one from Launchers Pack (I'll need to do some adjustments), since I've already got the F9 Octaweb and F9 1.0 engine section.

@MajorLeaugeRocketScience I'll put it on my list.

6 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

I like this engine, what's next ? :D

I will try to make a proper Vulcain 1/2, though there are a *few* pipes too much for my liking, which makes it a bit harder to figure out how the important pipes should look like. 

And I don't know what'll come after that, depends on what I want to do. ^^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.