Mods in Stock

I think Mechjeb should be in here along with Infernal Robotics.

MJ allows less experienced players to understand Orbital transfers (How i learned) and More experienced players a to skip all of the node execution hassle.

Infernal Robotics allows for more complex vehicles like Crane rovers, A lander in a Can (the Engines folded into a protective shell), Rotating Gravity wheels (like 2001: A Space Oddessy), Cooler space stations, and just more interesting crafts in general.

I'd also try a Simpler Extraplanetary Launchpads. I save so much time just building the craft in Low Eve orbit instead of sending out 40000 crafts to make my base.

Edited by DarknessHasLost
added a mod

On 2/6/2016 at 8:49 PM, Kuansenhama said:

KER, Waypoint Manager, and the stabilized physics load from KJR.

Wait, STABILIZED physics in ksp?!?!!? You must be mad! What will Jeb do in his free time?

On 2/7/2016 at 0:54 PM, katateochi said:

There are several mods listed here that I really like and always install, but that's not the same as wanting them in stock.  
There's also a few that I'd really not like to have in the core game, and I'm sure there are others who feel the same.  Is there even one mod that everybody would want in stock?

For a lot of mods, I think they're better off left as mods, with the original idea/concept as it is and the original author still getting the credit.  The modding community is part of what makes this game, and as we don't all want the same thing out of KSP this modular system works really well.
So rather than Squad spending time incorporating an existing mod, which probably would entail rewriting some or all of it, rebalancing and re-texturing (at least), I think their focus WRT mods should be improving how the game handles lot of mods and making the life of modders easier (ie better documentation, and a more stable API, or at least more focus on maintaining backward compatibility).  

I agree with that, but then again, they did add the need for relays and such in 1.2 ( it was part of a mod, can't remember which one)

• 2 weeks later...

KER i like to have data but fly self

KAC realy? Have we to write down when the next burn is?

KEE and if only the adjustment options come in, i like my planes or rockets with AoA not only on 5° or without seems:wink:

Texture Replacer only the 4 starters look other (and the same in between) i would be happy to see if it is a engineer or siencist, a bit personality for the kerbalkind....

EVE maybe, stock looks lill plain...

Nah i stop here before i post my addon list:D

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so first off I haven't read the thread yet, I'm impulsive like that. So if if this has been said before, my apologies. My game is chock full of mods and tools just to make the base game nicer. A few of them I've thought squad should buy this one and integrate it. But I Just tried out Through the eyes of a Kerbal and that impressed me so much, well I'm posting about it, Its such a natural extension to game, its well integrated, no setup just push C while on EVA. It felt natural to control with a keyboard, effortless with my steam controller, so I did my entire eva that way. And its intense! Got turned around at fist and lost sight of the ship, my heart went up with the urgency of the situation. latter I was working away at the satellite I'd just released and drifted back first into the ship I scared the bird I laughed so hard, not far away after all.

On 11/2/2016 at 5:21 PM, Firemetal said:

Now on the topic of DV and TWR readouts, I think that should be optional. Maybe default on easy. If you asked me two weeks ago, I would have agreed but much has changed for me since then. Calculating DV and TWR is easy. All you need is the values, the equations and a calculator. It is that simple. I personally think it is much more fun calculating it but for newbies, it might be better for them to just have the readouts there.

On 11/2/2016 at 5:19 PM, eloquentJane said:

No I don't like doing serious maths wile playing. That being said understanding the ratios, and what exactly those numbers mean is daunting enough and being able to ballpark stuff in your head is pretty sufficient a lot of the time. Aside from that KER Doesn't really give you  anything the game doesn't, just puts it all in one place. The parts could use some balancing/streamlining, but it does play well. Ever notice that when you fly with an engineer and no KER parts it still works!  I'd say just keep the data available balanced with the tracking station/mission control level and it would fit very well in a stock game.

3 hours ago, snkiz said:

No I don't like doing serious maths wile playing. That being said understanding the ratios, and what exactly those numbers mean is daunting enough and being able to ballpark stuff in your head is pretty sufficient a lot of the time. Aside from that KER Doesn't really give you  anything the game doesn't, just puts it all in one place. The parts could use some balancing/streamlining, but it does play well. Ever notice that when you fly with an engineer and no KER parts it still works!  I'd say just keep the data available balanced with the tracking station/mission control level and it would fit very well in a stock game.

I am actually using it now but that is because I am playing a heavily modded game of RO and it is tedious as hell to calculate it. I think it should stay a mod or be optional. But that is my opinion. Just play the game whichever way you enjoy it I guess which is why optional would be a good idea.

Fire

I'd like to see the ingenious Stockalike Station Parts Expansion mod integrated into the stock game. It makes building spacestations and groundbases, much easier, and I'm tired of only using the hitchhiker modules, MPL-LG-2's, Mk3 cockpits, Mk2 Lander Can, and the PPD-12 cupola module. The mod adds so many great things to the game, and they all have lights included.

Or, B9 Aerospace (will I get in trouble for not including the link??? :/). It, again, like the Stockalike Station Parts Expansion mod, adds so many cool and futuristic parts into the game, although deciding what to do with all those cool parts is a bit difficult (should I build a VTOL cargo freighter? What about a little supply ship? What about a truly giant cargo vessel using the HL parts? So many parts, so many choices, so many possibilities!). :cool:

Infernal Robotics would be good, and the manufacturer would either be 'Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard Co.', 'Found lying by the side of a road', or 'Ionic Symphonic Protonic Electronics'.

I think a lot of us forget how much of a new experience was when we first played KSP.

Understanding how prograde, retrograde, radial and ascending/descending nodes work, how to do transfers, how to dock, flight stability, heck even how to get into orbit is a HUGE learning curve for a completely new player.

Adding mods like MechJeb, InfernalRobotics and even KER would be an extremely confusing and un-enjoyable experience for new players. As experienced players, we forget that we have pretty much mastered the stock abilities of KSP and seek to add more complexity as we progress.

Having said that, I will reiterate how essential KAC is - though I do think even this may appear a little confusing to a brand new player.

I think SQUAD should have a play of Stellaris with the tutorial guide thing switched on. Possibly the best way to introduce a player to any game I've ever seen 

5 hours ago, MR L A said:

I think a lot of us forget how much of a new experience was when we first played KSP.

Understanding how prograde, retrograde, radial and ascending/descending nodes work, how to do transfers, how to dock, flight stability, heck even how to get into orbit is a HUGE learning curve for a completely new player.

Adding mods like MechJeb, InfernalRobotics and even KER would be an extremely confusing and un-enjoyable experience for new players. As experienced players, we forget that we have pretty much mastered the stock abilities of KSP and seek to add more complexity as we progress.

Having said that, I will reiterate how essential KAC is - though I do think even this may appear a little confusing to a brand new player.

I think SQUAD should have a play of Stellaris with the tutorial guide thing switched on. Possibly the best way to introduce a player to any game I've ever seen 

i disagree on the: ''Adding mods like MechJeb, InfernalRobotics and even KER would be an extremely confusing and un-enjoyable experience for new players'' part. adding parts from KER and InfernalRobotics would make the learning curve of just a bit longer. i can understand that a new player has no idea what some of the values(KER) mean but after a while they will find out and realise how useful they are. 

if you would split the information you get from KER in different technodes, you can steer them in the right direction and make the game a more enjoyable experience. (think of giving burn time in early career and Dv in the later stages of your career)

and how many things were you building a base and thought: '' it would be really nice if i had some moving joints''. and as with KER if you start with the more simple stuff it will only add to the learning curve.

23 hours ago, Noud said:

i disagree on the: ''Adding mods like MechJeb, InfernalRobotics and even KER would be an extremely confusing and un-enjoyable experience for new players'' part. adding parts from KER and InfernalRobotics would make the learning curve of just a bit longer. i can understand that a new player has no idea what some of the values(KER) mean but after a while they will find out and realise how useful they are. 

if you would split the information you get from KER in different technodes, you can steer them in the right direction and make the game a more enjoyable experience. (think of giving burn time in early career and Dv in the later stages of your career)

and how many things were you building a base and thought: '' it would be really nice if i had some moving joints''. and as with KER if you start with the more simple stuff it will only add to the learning curve.

Splitting it up is a VERY good idea. I was just talking about adding the whole thing in one dollop.. that's what would be overwhelming imo :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/05/2017 at 4:53 AM, The Moose In Your House said:

1 KAX

2 KIS

3 KAS

4 Mechjeb

5 FUEL HOSES!!!!!

Mechjeb I think would be a bit too daunting for some players, and I some may never learn how to fly something properly if they just use the autopilot. Now if you mean Dv readings and the like then I would agree. I think perhaps a simpler version of mechjeb, possibly with a gravity turn 'guide' which just shows you roughly where your rocket should be pointing, as opposed to flying it for you

KSP is a space game, not a plane and helicopter game. For now KAX should remain a mod, because some of the parts just won't be used for some players. And personally I don't think it is stockalike in appearance and wouldn't fit too well with the current feel of planes

I think possibly the pipe attachment system of KIS/KAS could be integrated, but maybe not all of the other features

I'd like to see the Outer Planets mod made canon. After all, the plans to add more gas giants existed, but were forgotten, and OPM has them ready-made. OPM is also quite popular, well-designed, the moons have biomes and science data and all.

• 2 weeks later...

1. CKAN. It does not do much but help you download mods, still helpful though

2. KER. You know why

3. Betterburntime. Helps with burn times

4. Partcommander. Gives a menu so that you don't have to right click all the time.

5. That's it!

P.S. KAC too. Gives an alarm clock to transfer windows

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast23

• 2 weeks later...

FAR(with an enable/disable option), KER, Vens stock revamp,  betterburntime, transfer window planner, procedural parts,  tweak Scale.

I would probably like Vanguard Parachutes + Escape Systems into the game, as it adds parachutes for Kerbals on EVA, and ejection seats, meaning that everyone on the craft will shoot forward out of their crewed areas, and their personal parachutes will open, so they won't die (unless you're doing it on an atmosphere-less surface, like the Mun or Gilly, then you can just EVA pack upwards to stop your descent, or you're re-entering the atmosphere, which is self-explanatory (R.I.P Billy-Bobfel Kerman, through the accidental pushing of 'EVA' instead of 'IVA' while re-entering Kerbin's atmosphere), and horrible)