Help me choose mp3 player!

kriskris

I'm looking for a solid player, not too thin but not bulky. Memory amount is not a big deal, but I would like the player to show photos and play videos. I would prefer a nice-sized screen; it doesn't have to be a touch screen. I am interested in Apple as well as non-Apple players. Thanks!

I assume from the size/memory/screen comments he's looking for a piece of hardware rather than a software player to go on an existing computer.

I quite like the fruit based approach, with iTunes managing a central repository which you synchronise to the device, however I know others who absolutely hate this and want to be able to drag and drop stuff themselves.  Don't tend to watch video on it though hence I have an 80GB classic, although I'm a bit annoyed as it conked out on me last night and thinks I have 60GB of "other" and no music, which as pain as it'll be 2 weeks before I can plug it in to PC again to sort it out.

How come the OP shows as having 0 posts when he's clearly made a post?

8 hours ago, RizzoTheRat said:

I assume from the size/memory/screen comments he's looking for a piece of hardware rather than a software player to go on an existing computer.

I quite like the fruit based approach, with iTunes managing a central repository which you synchronise to the device, however I know others who absolutely hate this and want to be able to drag and drop stuff themselves.  Don't tend to watch video on it though hence I have an 80GB classic, although I'm a bit annoyed as it conked out on me last night and thinks I have 60GB of "other" and no music, which as pain as it'll be 2 weeks before I can plug it in to PC again to sort it out.

How come the OP shows as having 0 posts when he's clearly made a post?

i installed rockbox on my ipod years ago. so i dont have to go through itunes anymore, i just copy mp3s over and they play. i also attribute rockbox to my device not dieing, its not running apple's self destruct code. it also runs doom now.

Edited by Nuke

18 hours ago, Otis said:

A bot that picks an avatar?

Anyway, +1 VLC media player.

Sure, why not, sounds like a good idea. Its being pretty successful at harvesting consumer data, as we can see.

I'm still not sure though so; sorry Kriskris if you're real!

**edit**

PS: I just put the OP's entire post into google and got 8 identical hits.

Edited by p1t1o

44 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Sure, why not, sounds like a good idea. Its being pretty successful at harvesting consumer data, as we can see.

I'm still not sure though so; sorry Kriskris if you're real!

**edit**

PS: I just put the OP's entire post into google and got 8 identical hits.

Yes, I'm real. what a hell, guys?

Edited by kriskris

Heh, sorry man. Brand new member, first and only post was unrelated to forums main content, and also in a funny font (I guess from copy/pasting) <shrug>

You're pretty desperate for a new mp3 player hey!

Anyhoo, welcome, and apologies again.

And if you are STILL a bot, well I'm not even mad, I'm impressed :)  (actually I'd be a little mad)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.