Zebulonious Kermans fuel suggestions!

"Don't forget, if you see something that should (or shouldn't) be on here let me know :D"

I would like to see smarter fuel management interfaces.  Some examples would be:

1.  Sometimes, I just want to empty a fuel tank and fill every other tank up that's onboard.  I shouldn't need to select a destination tank to pump fuel out of a station tank.  It should automatically fill all onboard tanks when I tell it to "fill other tanks."

2.  Tie similar tanks together that are on the same stage automatically, or give me an option to.  Sometimes my designs have multiple small monopropellant tanks for a reason, such as center of mass considerations or simply because they look cooler than one massive tank.  Filling or emptying eight radially mounted tanks is tedious and clumsy.

3.  Give us an option to jettison fuel like you did with ore.  I've wanted this capability when my Kerbal bound ships are a bit heavy on reentry, and I'm trying to reuse parts.  Mostly its because I didn't pack enough parachutes.

4.  Give us more control on pumping fuel out of a tank.  Right now its click and pray you get close to pumping out the right amount.  The center of mass could get messed up if you don't get the precise amount pumped in or out of radially mounted tanks, and that's not a good way to fly.

5.  Perhaps with the specialization of fuel stations, a module could be created to facilitate these capabilities from an interface after you right click on the "fuel manifold control module."  Surface mining operations could benefit from a specialized control module as well.  You've got a science module, why not something for fuel?

6.  If I do hit alt-right mouse on a couple of tanks and schedule up a fuel transfer, I don't want the transfer to stop just because I try to do something else, like it does now.

7.  Split the engineer class into chemical and mechanical engineer sub classes.  Chems work with ore mining, fuel conversion, and fuel management.  Mechs fix stuff (like solar panels, pause for effect), optimize the mechanical functionality of ore drills, and restore functionality to things that degrade over time on craft.

I'm not a fan of #7, mainly because I find leveling up kerbals to be difficult enough already without a proliferation of subclasses.

All of the other ideas, however, definitely have my vote!  Great ideas.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.