Cupcake's Odds N Sods...

Cupcake...

CRAFT FILES:

https://goo.gl/fjWtlr

Heh all,

I've had quite a few requests for some of the support craft in my videos so I thought I'd give them a home here in addition to unreleased/experimental designs/other random stuff. Enjoy! :)

RAPIDE : ATV DUNE BUGGY

gSdxDbD.jpg

SHUTTLE BUS : LONG RANGE FRIEGHTER

QcyWChi.jpg

FURY COMBAT VTOL (BD ARMOURY REQUIRED)

ol5pGYJ.jpg

EXPERIMENTAL LONG RANGE LV-N CRUISER

FekdPv8.jpg

More coming soon! :wink:

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

On 10/02/2016 at 7:10 AM, Rune said:
On 10/02/2016 at 7:03 AM, Rune said:

I like the shuttle bus a lot. Might whip up something similar for personal uses!

Rune. Your tiny bases/props would also be a good thing to put here.

I like the shuttle bus a lot. Might whip up something similar for personal uses!

Rune. Your tiny bases/props would also be a good thing to put here.

I'll add the little base parts soon, it'll be good to have them in one place as I seem to be rebuilding them just about every video. :P

Cupcake...

2 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

I'll add the little base parts soon, it'll be good to have them in one place as I seem to be rebuilding them just about every video. :P

Cupcake...

Sounds like a good idea. You have a knack for coming up with aesthetically pleasing combos of parts that are very much not immediately obvious at least to me. Incidentally, it didn't take much to whip up a light transport using the Shuttle Bus as a template. 4km/s with a half-big-red payload on the bay, which can be augmented to 5km/s (for moho and such) with drop tanks on the back. And it really looks like a sci-fi transport!

WDwDVAU.png

Rune. Thanks for the inspiration!

Edited by Rune

11 hours ago, Rune said:

Sounds like a good idea. You have a knack for coming up with aesthetically pleasing combos of parts that are very much not immediately obvious at least to me. Incidentally, it didn't take much to whip up a light transport using the Shuttle Bus as a template. 4km/s with a half-big-red payload on the bay, which can be augmented to 5km/s (for moho and such) with drop tanks on the back. And it really looks like a sci-fi transport!

WDwDVAU.png

Rune. Thanks for the inspiration!

Those MK3 engine mounts are a lot of dead weight but when they look this good what can you do? ;) I really should try asteroiding, that's something I havn't done yet! :P

Cupcake...

5 hours ago, inigma said:

man I love this game.

I know right? It's like watching great musicians from different bands getting together and having a jam session.

Rune, your bus just needs a coat of battered yellow paint (more construction equipment than school bus yellow)  

52 minutes ago, Cupcake... said:

Those MK3 engine mounts are a lot of dead weight but when they look this good what can you do? ;) I really should try asteroiding, that's something I havn't done yet! :P

Cupcake...

Asteroids are tons of fun! But for the full experience, I heartily recommend installing KAS, then you can actually build on the things (no need to use non-stock parts!). A couple radial attachment points to create nodes for the Sr. docking ports and the like, and you got yourself a busy fuel depot in no time. Spamming Klaws is just asking for bugs... Oh, and in order to move them efficiently, remember to use Mun to perform all inclination changes!

32 minutes ago, WhiteKnuckle said:

I know right? It's like watching great musicians from different bands getting together and having a jam session.

Rune, your bus just needs a coat of battered yellow paint (more construction equipment than school bus yellow)  

Well, first, :blush:. Which is the same as thanks! :)

And I know, right? It's that industrial look that made me create my version and think up missions for it.

Rune. Rule of cool often trumps efficiency in my book.

• 8 months later...
11 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

That shuttle design has inspired me to make a late-game transport to Mun/Minmus using a similar design idea. I think I'll do that now. It'll certainly give me an excuse to try a dropship design, which is not my usual style.

Pics please! :D

Cupcake...

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.