[REQUEST] Anyone up to making high quality RD-107/108 engines?

regex

We have several RD-107/108 engines in various mod packs right now but they all suffer from lack of detail or integrated fairings.  I was wondering if anyone was up to the challenge of producing a set of BobCat-esque (think Soviet Engine Pack) models for the RD-107 and RD-108 for use with Realism Overhaul?  Perhaps to integrate into FASA or another "replica" mod?

Something like this (RD-107):

RD-107.jpg

And this (RD-108)

RD-108.jpg

The main nozzles don't gimbal but the little side engines (S1.53800) do gimbal.  Obviously some detail can and should be omitted for performance, but models like this would be great additions to the Realism Overhaul game as the "naked" R-7 engine selection could use some love.  Thanks for your consideration.

@Mad Rocket Scientist and once again, that's an RD-180, not an RD-108. Everybody and her uncle makes Atlas V/Delta IV/whatever, but nobody makes the old stuff, even though it's still flying today. :(

@legoclone09 SXT has an RD-171. Right now RO clones it to make an RD-107 and RD-108, but it's a model of an RD-171.

14 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Oh right, 180, not 108. Never mind.

Yep.  And while we do have several engines for one of the most reliable, iconic, and prolific launch vehicles in human history none of them are suitable for clustering or experimentation in other formats because of the integrated fairings.

SSTU just released some Soyuz parts including a very basic RD107 where you can choose mount type etc. iirc. I think the creator might keep working on details (like adding verniers) so I keep an eye on it.

Edited by Theysen

6 hours ago, Theysen said:

SSTU just released some Soyuz parts including a very basic RD107 where you can choose mount type etc. iirc. I think the creator might keep working on details (like adding verniers) so I keep an eye on it.

Very cool, thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.