Legit KSP finally!

MagicFireCaster

1 hour ago, MagicFireCaster said:

So almost after 6 months i finally bought my legit copy of KSP from steam, it feels nice to own it without awful bugs (well some are still in there) and without guilt of not paying for all that fun, thanks a lot ksp team, i will be waiting for 1.1 without worries now!

How should i celebrate this? 

The only thing I would have done differently would be to have purchased it directly rather than via steam.  Valve does take its cut and given there is absolutely no difference in gameplay, I'd rather Squad get that money.

7 hours ago, MagicFireCaster said:

So almost after 6 months i finally bought my legit copy of KSP from steam, it feels nice to own it without awful bugs (well some are still in there) and without guilt of not paying for all that fun, thanks a lot ksp team, i will be waiting for 1.1 without worries now!

How should i celebrate this? 

By learning discretion?

10 hours ago, Sandworm said:

The only thing I would have done differently would be to have purchased it directly rather than via steam.  Valve does take its cut and given there is absolutely no difference in gameplay, I'd rather Squad get that money.

Fair points.  However there are those who cannot, or simply choose not to use credit cards.  Steam does have the advantage of being able to buy store credit via retail stores.

15 hours ago, Sandworm said:

Oof, I feel so guilty now.

16 hours ago, Sandworm said:

Yeah sure, the only problem is i don't live in USA and i don't own a credit card, also dollar is pretty expensive in my country right now, i can't pay 3 times more buying it from other place.

Also i got all the advantages like updates, and cloud storage.

49 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Stteam takes their cut, but in return, KSP gets HUGE exposure and market base. 

I've never heard any rumour of Steam being unfair to developers, anyone know what their cut is?

The figure I've heard is 30%.  This is apparently a fairly standard rate across digital distribution platforms.

At the end of the day, Squad are adults.  They had the choice to put KSP onto the platforms that they did, and they chose to do so.  They obviously saw a benefit in doing so that was worth handing over a cut of their revenue for.

And strangely enough, even though I occasionally see hand-wringing over using Steam meaning Squad doesn't get all the money, I have yet to see anyone say that they waited specifically till 1.0 so they could pay the full RRP for the game.

On 2016-02-11 at 4:44 AM, sal_vager said:

Don't forget guys that discussion of software copyright infringement (software piracy) is against the forum rules.

I cannot condone the action, but I am glad you now are a legitimate owner of a copy of KSP.

While true, I think threads saying "I WAS pirating your game, but it was so good I just had to get over myself and give you guys my money!" are a very good thing. :)

On 2/11/2016 at 7:44 AM, sal_vager said:

Don't forget guys that discussion of software copyright infringement (software piracy) is against the forum rules.

I cannot condone the action, but I am glad you now are a legitimate owner of a copy of KSP.

Well, that certainly would rob people the opportunity to grab their pitchforks and point their fingers at a forum user for using pirate versions of KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.