KasperVld

The earliest versions of Kerbal Space Program

112 posts in this topic

I remember when there was just the now called thundersomething solid rocket booster, the now called swival and reliant liquid fuel engines, one fuel tank,a parachute and one command module. and I also remember when we had to have sas modules or there would be no sas, and when the tripod was the only one. I didn't update and I had to eventually delete it do to file corruption. at about 0.9 beta then ever I gained interest in ksp again through youtube and I finally got it again at 1.2. since then I have clocked over 250 hours playing it. 

What was the current build during August 2012?

Would this still work on Mac?

On 3/19/2017 at 8:00 PM, jros83 said:

What was the current build during August 2012?

Oh seems it was .16. I always thought I started at .18. Guess I didn't.

I've never seen the first release until now. I've seen earlier versions but never the first. The ground is so... neon green. Ugh. And the aliasing is an eye-sour. Interesting seeing how far the game's come.

i paid for ksp cant i get the versions i want i would like 0.16,0.18 and the version i started playing 0.21

I'm almost sad that I didn't find this game sooner. I started in 1.0.4. :(

On 12.2.2016 at 2:09 AM, KasperVld said:

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since development of Kerbal Space Program began. 5 years ago Felipe started work on a 2.5D game that would eventually grow to the game that we all know and love. It's been quite a ride from the first, careful steps to a full fledged rocketry game that has inspired many people around the world. Those of you who have been around for a long time will know that Kerbal Space Program started out as freeware. Versions 0.7.x up to 0.13.x were free for those brave enough to try them.

Back in 2012 when I was a new member of this community I collected these versions of KSP and uploaded them for others to enjoy. People brought in more versions of the game that had then already seemed lost to eternity. Almost all free versions of the game were eventually brought together and offered for download. After the forum breakage in 2013 @xorg was awesome enough to restore the post and provide new links for all these 'community sourced' old and free versions of KSP, and I'd like to give a him a special mention here for that.

Now it's 2016 (time flies when piloting rockets) and unfortunately the community sourced downloads for these old versions were recently made unavailable1. I wanted to make these versions of Kerbal Space Program available to download again, but using the old files which had not come from Squad directly would not be wise. With the great help of @HarvesteR, @aLeXmOrA and @Chuchito we're now able to once again offer these versions for download, from an official source no less!

It's always been great revisiting the past to play around with a version of KSP from before it had such fancy tools as tank stacking, symmetry mode in the VAB or even a persistent save file. I'd encourage you to give it a try!

As for the legal notice: these builds of Kerbal Space Program are offered "as is" without any warranty and with the express warning that we cannot accept any liability for damages resulting from their use (though, they should work just fine). Install and use at your own risk.

If you're interested in what exactly you'll find the KSP Wiki has an overview of the version history. Download links are below.

thank you. these are the only download link that work out of all of the ones on the internet in 2017

I remember when it was just command module 1, boosters, and no moon or ocean. Just how high can you go?

I've been searching my whole life for this..

On ‎7‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:00 AM, daffy said:

Well....a TRUE fan wouldn't have to download these.  Again.....

I see what you did there... :cool: