Maps of Kerbin?

OandT

1 hour ago, Choctofliatrio2.0 said:

Or maybe it DID happen recently, and Kerbals aren't as evolved as we think they are

(I'm saying they're ridiculously simple organisms)

That would explain why they seem to be the only living things beyond grass on the entire planet

Kerbal Maps is the best. It is like Google Earth for Kerbals.

1 hour ago, nosirrbro said:

That would explain why they seem to be the only living things beyond grass on the entire planet

Someday Squad might add cities/towns and other species of animals. 

On 2/14/2016 at 9:41 AM, cubinator said:

I'm not sure Kerbin has plate tectonics that create continents in the ways we do...come to think of it, there are no volcanoes anywhere in the Kerbol system.

Someday they might add volcanos too.

Edited by Engineer of Stuff

1 hour ago, Engineer of Stuff said:

Kerbal Maps is the best. It is like Google Earth for Kerbals.

Someday Squad might add cities/towns and other species of animals. 

Someday they might add volcanos too.

Someday is irrelevant, as we are theorizing about what we have now, and right now there are some strange consequences of how the game was made into the history of the planet. It is no longer in alpha so everything we see is at least good enough to count as a full release, so it works as canon until changed.

• 4 years later...
On 2/14/2016 at 1:48 PM, nosirrbro said:

Not necesarilly. If such a meteor were to hit any planet that is geologically active, the plate techtonics of the area it collides with would be intensly altered, and no matter where it lands, even if it is on the corner of seven different plates, all of those under and near the crater would be melted and destroyed, and the most plausible thing is that the area below the crater reformed into a single plate that was probably a bit stronger than others as well due to it all being formed at once at the exact same time, out of the exact same giant slab of igneous and probably metamorphic rock.

Remember, Kerbin has a magnetosphere, as indicated by several science reports, and as such has to be geologically active.

This explination of a new 'asteroid plate' would be the only explination to this day of how it survived. It can also be taken that the small mountain islands around the rim of the crater and the center mountain used to be much larger, much larger for them to not be completely eroded. It can however be assumed that the impact was relatively recent, no more than one billion years would be my guess, because plate techtonics do change over very long periods and those would erode away quite quickly, even if the peaks were extremely wide and taller than any other mountain on Kerbin originally.

I'd say about as old as the Appalachians, maybe less

21 minutes ago, Alaygrounds said:

And maybe for the random mountains Kerbin is highly volcanically active because of tides from the Mun

Maybe, but why not plate techtonics?

BTW this thread is VERY old, and most of these users are not even active anymore, and haven't visited the forum in months, OR YEARS. Why you be revivin dead threads? :huh:

Edited by Dirkidirk

You know, I never could understand what the big deal about posting on an old thread is all about, as long as the content of said "necropost" is currently relevant.
Old, "dead" mods are a good example. How many mods would we NOT currently have, if someone didnt "necro-revive" them, which then brings them to the attention of someone who then says "Hey!... thats neat... i can "continue/adopt" this, for current KSP..." ... vOv

Anyhoo... Heres my relevant content (and the title of this thread, just so happens to be perfect, to search up if someone is looking for exactly current maps):

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.