Question about Orbit Map

I buyed this game two days ago and i after a while i start to launch missiles in orbit for some contracts taken by mods.

Now the problem is in the orbit map, the one you can use when you are control a missile, i have in orbit around 10 missiles and the orbit trajectories around kerbin start to be too much to see good the trajectory of the missile i driving.

I like to see the past missiles i launched in the space, but le trajectories of their orbit are a problem, there are a way to disable them?

Sorry for terrible english.

You can disable racking for certain vessels in the tracking station, I think it's possible to do the same in the orbital map, however I must admit I can't recall how to do so. Maybe jsut move your mouse around the 4 edges of your screen and see if any hidden menus pop up.

3 minutes ago, TheXRuler said:

You can disable racking for certain vessels in the tracking station, I think it's possible to do the same in the orbital map, however I must admit I can't recall how to do so. Maybe jsut move your mouse around the 4 edges of your screen and see if any hidden menus pop up.

Use the pull-down menu at the top of the screen to toggle certain types on or off. Highlighted types will be visible, greyed-out types are hidden.
This works in both the tracking station and map screen.

Edited by Tex_NL

34 minutes ago, TheXRuler said:

31 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

Use the pull-down menu at the top of the screen to toggle certain types on or off. Highlighted types will be visible, greyed-out types are hidden.

In addition to the above:

- click on the name of your vessel in the map or tracking station (info button on the right-hand side) to change the type of vessel.

- beware, however, if changing type to "debris". The game will delete older debris immediately after you get past a certain number of bits of debris (this setting can be changed, but it is not a good idea to rely on it...).

Also, on my install it is not possible to toggle the visibility of types on or off on the map screen. It is only possible in the tracking station (but this will then be applied to the map).

1 minute ago, Plusck said:

Also, on my install it is not possible to toggle the visibility of types on or off on the map screen. It is only possible in the tracking station (but this will then be applied to the map).

Pretty sure it IS possible. Just because you do not see the pull-down menu does not mean it isn't there.
While you're in control of an active craft (a dead piece of debris or a probe without power won't work) move your cursor to the top centre of the map screen and keep it there for a moment. Then the menu should appear.

1 hour ago, Tex_NL said:

To add to what Tex_NL said: that menu is normally hidden, so move your mouse cursor all the way to the center top edge of the screen, and a line of icons will appear that let you enable/disable certain types of things that show in the map view.

If your current rocket is of the same type as the other rockets ('probe' if without kerbals inside, or 'ship' with kerbals), when you disable that type, all orbits will disappear except your current one - so you will be able to see the orbit clearly. BUT: it will also hide where all the rockets are, and this includes the current one. You will see the orbit (blue line), but not where your rocket is on that line.

On 14/2/2016 at 2:03 PM, Tex_NL said:

Pretty sure it IS possible. Just because you do not see the pull-down menu does not mean it isn't there.
While you're in control of an active craft (a dead piece of debris or a probe without power won't work) move your cursor to the top centre of the map screen and keep it there for a moment. Then the menu should appear.

Well, as luck would have it I just upgraded my OS, so I can test.

So I can confirm that on Mac OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard, about 7 years old now... but which I kept because I needed legacy software to work) the map view's buttons didn't work properly, or at all. I wasn't aware of the workaround of hiding and then showing the NavBall, so I don't know if it was simply broken or just "mostly broken".

And on OSX 10.11.3 (El Capitan, most recent update) the buttons work fine. Out of a dozen attempts over the last couple of days, I've only had to hide and show the NavBall once to get them working.

Edited by Plusck

11 hours ago, Plusck said:

11 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

I don't think that's what Plusck is talking about.  It's a really annoying bug that I run into from time to time, but not always and not consistently.  I've never been able to figure out any correlation as to what triggers it.

When the bug is active, it's not possible to toggle the display of ship types in the map view.  Yes, if I move the mouse to the top center, the little row of icons for the various ship types will appear, so I can see which ship types are displayed.  But clicking on the buttons does nothing-- they won't toggle.

The buttons always work in the tracking station.  Sometimes they work on the map view for a ship, but at other times they don't.

16 hours ago, FancyMouse said:

Most of the time, that bug will disappear by hiding and repopping navball.

I've seen occasionally it doesn't work even by doing that, but most of the time it does work.

Hmmm. Interesting. I've edited my post for posterity because sure enough, the new OS has also sometimes caused the same problem (but on the old OS, it has been a constant problem ever since the 1.0.5 update).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.