He30 Supermaneuverable Fighter Jet

He_162

This is the HE30, successor to my He29.

The He29 was based off of the MiG-29, and Su-27.

The He30 is based off of the Pak Fa T-50.

It is similar in ways but also much different, as always, and 100% stock.

Craft file will be here soon:

https://kerbalx.com/He_162/He30

or

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/he30

Edited by He_162

Just now, Amavios said:

That looks very cool ! I've never tried to use the big tail fin as a wing on my designs but I should ! I'm gonna try this plane asap !

Thanks, I thought it would simply lower the part count a little bit, which it did!

Very cool! I made my own super maneuverable plane called the UM-1 on my channel if you want to check it out I have a link to my channel in my signature.

As far as making the plane better, I have no suggestions but a showcase video of what this plane can do would be nice.

2 hours ago, He_162 said:

Any tips for making it better?

Edited by AquaAlmond Productions

Just now, AquaAlmond Productions said:

Very cool! I made my own super maneuverable plane

And um are you the guy that said you would borrow the way I connected the engines to the tail connector in your next build?

I don't have any tips on how to make your plane better, but a video showcase of it would be nice.

Shameless self-promotion XD

3 hours ago, He_162 said:

Any tips for making it better?

Sure, I think you can try to hide more the struts and use two intakes instead of the multiple ones, the ground clearance is also very low, maybe you can try to put bigger landing gears. Also, I noticed that you hided control surfaces in the fuselage, and they clip in it when they are activated, I don't like it but it's my opinion.

2 hours ago, Amavios said:

Sure, I think you can try to hide more the struts and use two intakes instead of the multiple ones, the ground clearance is also very low, maybe you can try to put bigger landing gears. Also, I noticed that you hided control surfaces in the fuselage, and they clip in it when they are activated, I don't like it but it's my opinion.

The ones at the front of the wing are supposed to act like deflective air breaks, to induce supermaneuverability at high speeds, and to slow it down some, kind of like an airbreak flap.

I can make the struts hidden, but honestly, I don't feel the need, because it looks great to me the way it is.

I am working on a new intake design, so it looks cleaner.

3 hours ago, AquaAlmond Productions said:

lol I didn't think that through I fixed it now

Shameless.

I saw that before, but I didn't think much of it, sorry, I like the music, and the plane looks nice, but it isn't supermaneuverable, because it still relies purely on aerodynamic forces for it's maneuverability, the vectored thrust does not add more than 50% to the lift, but it is quite close.

This is an example of a supermaneuverable aircraft that relies purely on SAS for maneuverability

Spoiler

This is one that relies purely on thrust vectoring (one of mine)

Edited by He_162

23 minutes ago, He_162 said:

The ones at the front of the wing are supposed to act like deflective air breaks, to induce supermaneuverability at high speeds, and to slow it down some, kind of like an airbreak flap.

I can make the struts hidden, but honestly, I don't feel the need, because it looks great to me the way it is.

I am working on a new intake design, so it looks cleaner.

Ooooh I see. Honestly, it's just my opinion and I think I'm a little bit maniac on this haha, I personally always try to make my crafts look very "pure", without anything clipping (Apart from the little landing gears that I hate) or looking strange, sometimes at the expense of the craft flight characteristics. Anyway, this craft remains great ! 

47 minutes ago, Amavios said:

Ooooh I see. Honestly, it's just my opinion and I think I'm a little bit maniac on this haha, I personally always try to make my crafts look very "pure", without anything clipping (Apart from the little landing gears that I hate) or looking strange, sometimes at the expense of the craft flight characteristics. Anyway, this craft remains great ! 

1 hour ago, Amavios said:

What do you use for video editing, and recording?

but it isn't supermaneuverable, because it still relies purely on aerodynamic forces for it's maneuverability, the vectored thrust does not add more than 50% to the lift

Ummm actually nope...

Irl I don't think any supermanuverable jets use reaction wheels. Therefore I would say Aqua's plane is definitely supermanuverable as its the performance not the parts that make the difference.

If you have a compatible gpu, nvidia shadowplay works nice. My vids are recorded with it (not promoting myself in any way :) )

Oh, I meant 

AquaAlmond Productions

Hey, what do you use to make videos?

I use bandicam and lightworks for editing (both free) I plan on upgrading to a better recorder soon. Lightworks has proven to be a good alternative to other free video editing software. Much better than something like windows movie maker.

Edited by AquaAlmond Productions

2 hours ago, JTpopcorn said:

Ummm actually nope...

Irl I don't think any supermanuverable jets use reaction wheels. Therefore I would say Aqua's plane is definitely supermanuverable as its the performance not the parts that make the difference.

If you have a compatible gpu, nvidia shadowplay works nice. My vids are recorded with it (not promoting myself in any way :) )

I do not have shadowplay compatibility... I think... I will look into it.

Computer controlled maneuvers, and warpable wings, as well as thrust vectoring are all things uses in real life, however, we simply have yet to design a reaction wheel powerful enough and small enough to induce supermaneuverability, which isn't really a term that can be used then, probably more likely to be called a computer controlled non-aerodynamic maneuver or something.

18 minutes ago, AquaAlmond Productions said:

I use bandicam and lightworks for editing (both free) I plan on upgrading to a better recorder soon. Lightworks has proven to be a good alternative to other free video editing software. Much better than something like windows movie maker.

I will check all these out, thanks for the help!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.